Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 pm

k thnx |:>

cyprianrc
Org Profile

Post by cyprianrc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:22 pm

jingoro wrote:
cyprianrc wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY AN ANIME THAT WAS USED IN ONE OF THE AMVS ON DISPLAY AT AWA THIS WEEKEND???
Occult Academy. Loved that video.
Thanks! Yeah that was it! Someone on the AWA forums helped me id it as well! You guys are awesome!

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 pm

The complete list of winners, Professional Awards nominees and Masters participants is up on the AWA web site The complete Exposition, Professional, and Masters winners are listed below:

The 2013 Exposition Awards Results

Grand Prize: Kisanzi of Visualized Nightmare Studios – “The Nightmagi Cometh” – Joman – Daymanstep – Madoka Magica
Best Action: Cedric Schröder (Ceddic) – “ACcel” – Infected Mushroom – The Pretender – Various
Best Artistic Endeavour: Solomon Smith (Machina21) – “Once Upon a Time on Gunsmoke” – Ennio Morricone – Good, the Bad and the Ugly, the – Trigun
Most Bling: JazzsVids of Asylum Studios – “Loaded” – Amber Rose – Loaded – Various
Best Breakup: l33tmeatwad of PixelBlended Studios – “Tough Love” – Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together –Toradora!
Best Character Profile: Miles Klub of CornDog VidVids – “No Gendos” – The Simpsons – We Do – Evangelion
Best Comedy: Chaosprojects of Chaotic Bad Raptor – “Cutie Mark Acquisition Program” – Flight of the Concords – Friends – Various
Best Dance: Daramue – “Conductance” – F(x) – Electric Shock – A Certain Scientific Railgun
Best Drama: Radical_Yue of CornDog VidVids – “Hope For Tomorrow” – Graham Colton – Best Days – Various
Most Educational: drewaconclusion – “Don’t Lick the Icing” – LSD: Insight or Insanity, Case Study: LSD – Various
Best Fan Service: Aerialesque of Visualized Nightmare Studios – “Fortunate Rape” – Maroon 5 – Lucky Strike – B Gata H Kei
Best Fight: Mr. Pilkington of Chaotic Bad Raptor – “Mikkel Kessler” – Volbeat – A Warrior’s Call – Hajime No Ippo
Best Horror: Vitali “pic4” Michaelis – “Nekrophilie” – MS MR – Bones – Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Impressive Award: Kireblue of PixelBlended Studios – “This AMV Will Win an Oscar” – BriTANicK.com – Trailer for Every Oscar Movie Ever – Code Geass
Best Kinetic Typography: JazzsVids & DamnKazu of AMVNews CollabCon 2012 – “Dressin’ Up” – Katy Perry – Dressin’ Up – Various
Best Live Action: Cal Watt – “Resist” – Imagine Dragons – Radioactive – Fringe
Best Nostalgia: Fall_Child42 of CornDog VidVids – “Rihanna Quest” – Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna – We Found Love – Various 16-bit Video Games
Pop Will Eat Itself: Kisanzi of Visualized Nightmare Studios – “Loli Fiction” – E Nomine – Das Omen – Various
Best Race: Charles Streetman (macchinainterna) of CornDog VidVids – “Running On the Ragged Edge 2” – Van Halen – Panama– Redline
Best Romance: Bobby Korrok of Replay Studios – “Zombies Can Love Too” – Lenka – You Will Be Mine – Sankarea
Sick & Twisted: Animated – “Destroying Something Beautiful” – NEEDTOBREATHE – Something Beautiful – Various
Best Storytelling: drewaconclusion – “madokaAV” – The Birthday Massacre – Kill the Lights – Madoka Magica
Most Tasteful: Mr. Pilkington of Chaotic Bad Raptor – “I Has a Flavor” – Parry Gripp – Nom Nom Nom – Attack on Titan
Best Technical: Kisanzi of Visualized Nightmare Studios – “Virtual Gamesanity” – Daft Punk – Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger(Beatbot Remix) – Various
Best Trailer: Corsair (CorsairAMV) – “Dora the Explorer” – Collegehumor – Dora the Explorer – Various
Best Upbeat: Gunther (GuntherAMVs) – “Till Then” – Owl City – When Can I See You Again – Denpa Onna

The 2013 Professional Awards Results

Best Adult: Ghet and Javy of Chaotic Bad Raptor – Raise Your Dongers – 50 Cent – Candy Shop – Various Hentai
Best Non-Anime: Katie’s Web Sight!! Productions – Silent Movies – Elliot Smith – Can’t Make a Sound – Hugo
Best Fight: Daramue – Trial by Fire – Blood Stain Child – S.O.P.H.I.A. – Shakugan no Shana
Best Parody / Trailer: Corsair – Textually Active – Swoozie – Textually Active – Various
Best Upbeat: AimoAio – Boxxed – Marina and the Diamonds – Oh No! – Maria Holic
Best Character Profile: Mr. Pilkington of Chaotic Bad Raptor – Six Titles, One Dream and Just the Beginning – The Script – Hall of Fame – Hajime no Ippo
Best Technical: AimoAio – Boxxed – Marina and the Diamonds – Oh No! – Maria Holic
Best Artistic Endeavour: irriadin – Dissociation – Grimes – Nightmusic – Penguindrum
Best Storytelling: LantisEscudo of Honou Productions – The Mark of Crom Cruach – Yasunori Mitsuda – Time’s Scar – The Secret of Kells
Best Sentimental: Shin of PixelBlended Studios – Spirit Rush – The Script – Long Gone and Moved On – Chihavafuru
Best Horror / Dark: Nicole Parker – Lose Your Soul – Dead Man’s Bones – In the Room Where You Sleep – Various
Best Romance: Aerialesque of Visualized Nightmare Studios – Two Hearts – Paper Route – Two Hearts – Toradora!
Best Drama: Asylum Studios – Hope’s Embrace – Poets of the Fall – The Lie Eternal – Ef: Tale of Melodies
Best Comedy: Corsair – Textually Active – Swoozie – Textually Active – Various
Best Action: Mycathatesyou – Crucifix Combustion – Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark – Ao No Exorcist
Best In Show: Sailor Death Productions – Saamon Dansu – Chemical Brothers – The Salmon Dance – Various

The 2013 Masters Winner: Brian Meekins – Are You Down?

Moving that information here, and adding Org links is left as an exercise to the reader.

[GloryQuestor: Copied from the website and added here in list form, so it could be added to the a-m-v.org Contest List.]

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Congrats to all the winners this year! :awesome:

Cheers! :beer: :beer:

pirinja
Org Profile

Post by pirinja » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:14 pm

jingoro wrote:The complete list of winners, Professional Awards nominees and Masters participants is up on the AWA web site.
http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?page=2 ... deo-awards

Moving that information here, and adding Org links is left as an exercise to the reader.
Or just the completely insane,

http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11467

Look under AWA 19

I will get to pro and master's sometime in the future (next week). I am busy with haunted house things so booooooooo.

Also, if I find you editors next year that did not upload your videos to the org, boot to the head! (except for Cal Watt, who gets two boots for not using his handle Prodigi when he submitted his video) :pizza:

Anyway, I should have gotten all the expo vids and org profiles linked. The missing pictures should be fixed soon for Nostalgia and artistic endeavor. Till later!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:45 pm

pirinja wrote: Also, if I find you editors next year that did not upload your videos to the org, boot to the head! (except for Cal Watt, who gets two boots for not using his handle Prodigi when he submitted his video) :pizza:
And another for Jenny and the wimp.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Contests”