Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (now with winners)

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition

Postby MisterFurious » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

ngsilver wrote:Yes. In fact we'd welcome a 12 or even 22 year old video!

Don't tempt me...
MisterFurious

Postby Dvl-Jigen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm interested in entering this, I just gotta think of which videos I wanna enter.
Dvl-Jigen

Postby ngsilver » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:57 pm

An update on the FTP server situation. I was able to successfully move over the weekend but the move took longer then expected and as such the internet is not setup and the server is not ready to be brought back online. I'm expecting it to be brought back online by Thursday.

Keep in mind the database system runs on a different server and is still on and able to take entry submissions and accept FTP requests, I just will not be able to authorize any FTP accounts and FTP submissions cannot be accepted until the server is back up. Once it is back up I will go through the backlog and get everything situated.

Please do also keep in mind that FTP is the only form of digital submission we accept. The video link field in the entry form is for your online distribution version and is only used to point viewers to your video after the con.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
ngsilver wrote:Yes. In fact we'd welcome a 12 or even 22 year old video!

Don't tempt me...

maybe I should then send in all my guaranteed winners :P .. Well, anyways, if that the rule... I Just see shades of AX 2010 (or 2011 - which ever had the cash prize and all the old videos)
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby ngsilver » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 am

Vlad, I would advise you to read over the compbros rule. One of the reasons we don't have a freshness rule is that our judging is used to vet entries and our judges tend to look for things that are new and fresh. Me personally, I'd love to see some old videos thrown in and have the potential to make our at-con showing, but considering the number of entries we receive, the odds of that and the video winning an award (winning an award does not mean the video will be shown at the con) are rather slim.

In all seriousness, we just want your videos, we don't really care how many cons they've been to, how old they are, ect. We just don't wanna see repeats. Feel free to test the waters all you want, it's not like we give cash prizes, in the end you're really just competing for screen time. (well... the medals are pretty sweet I must say)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:50 am

Hey, I understand and it's good that things are not the same all over as that would be boring ( I just razing here but I really shoudln't).. best of luck with the contest..

I would send in something, but I just really don't have anything right now I feel I want to send in, but maybe next year

Vlad

ngsilver wrote:Vlad, I would advise you to read over the compbros rule. One of the reasons we don't have a freshness rule is that our judging is used to vet entries and our judges tend to look for things that are new and fresh. Me personally, I'd love to see some old videos thrown in and have the potential to make our at-con showing, but considering the number of entries we receive, the odds of that and the video winning an award (winning an award does not mean the video will be shown at the con) are rather slim.

In all seriousness, we just want your videos, we don't really care how many cons they've been to, how old they are, ect. We just don't wanna see repeats. Feel free to test the waters all you want, it's not like we give cash prizes, in the end you're really just competing for screen time. (well... the medals are pretty sweet I must say)
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby ngsilver » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 am

Update on the FTP situation. I was finally able to resolve the network issues I had at home and the FTP server is up. I have received the requests submitted over the last week and will be fulfilling them tonight after I get off work. Please check your email for a response and/or the entry system for your credentials. Thank you for your patience and let the submissions continue.

You have 2 weeks to get your entry forms filled out and submitted.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Kyssifur » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 am

ngsilver wrote:Youma one FTP server is currently offline due to my move as previously announced. Currently it is expected to be offline for labor day weekend. It will hopefully be back up and running in a day or so. In the meantime you can still enter videos in the database and request FTP accounts. I will authorize all accounts once the system is back up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Is it still offline?
we are awesome
Kyssifur

Postby SailorDeath » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

Kyssifur wrote:
ngsilver wrote:Youma one FTP server is currently offline due to my move as previously announced. Currently it is expected to be offline for labor day weekend. It will hopefully be back up and running in a day or so. In the meantime you can still enter videos in the database and request FTP accounts. I will authorize all accounts once the system is back up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Is it still offline?

Shouldn't be, I uploaded a video to the server recently.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
SailorDeath

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (2 weeks left)

Postby ngsilver » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am

If you see the update right before yours Kyssifur, you will see that I state the server is online and has been for a week or so now.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Last Week to submit! Clarifications on dates!

Postby ngsilver » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:04 am

Alright everyone, we're down to the final week! As normal, you will have until Midnight on Sept 21st (or better known as 11:59pm or 23:59 on Sept 20th, all times Eastern Daylight Savings or -4 UTC) in order to submit your entry form and request an FTP account via the entry system. You will then have until Midnight on Sept 23rd (or better known as 11:59pm or 23:59 on Sept 22nd, all times Eastern Daylight Savings or -4 UTC) to have your FTP entry submitted. I will close the FTP server at this time and all accounts will be automatically closed. For those of you who wish to submit via snail-mail, you must have your entry in my hands on Sept 23rd (that is Saturday.) Any physical entry received after this time will not be accepted.

Once your entry is submitted I recommend you close your FTP account immediately as your video will not go through first pass QC (where I verify no credits and if the file meets technical requirements, basically all items that equal an instant DQ) until your FTP account is closed as the system will not release the entry to me until this point. We allow for unlimited re-submissions for videos DQ'ed before the deadline.

If you wait until after the deadline, once FTP accounts are auto-closed, then you will only be allowed 1 chance to re-submit your entry to pass final QC. The re-submission period will be aprox 1 week after the deadline, final dates will be posted once 1st round QC has been completed on all entries submitted.

Email verifications will not be sent out for accepted entries (I hope to have this feature ready for next year.) We will only send out email notices to entrants who have issues/DQs after the deadline. Please check back to the entry system in order to get the status of your entries and find out if they are DQ'ed, accepted, or have other comments/suggestions. We do not auto-DQ based off of video/audio quality, but we do make note of such videos via the coordinator comments as such videos may be DQ'ed during judging. You will see such info listed in your entry status page.

At this time if your entry shows 'Video Received' then the video has passed 1st round QC and will go on to judging for final QC.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>3 days left)

Postby ngsilver » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:38 am

I have begun sending out email reminders to entrants who have yet to have their videos be received (either due to FTP accounts not being closed or not having sent in their entry yet) as well as entrants who's videos had issues with 1st pass QC. I will continue to send 1 reminder per day until the deadline for these individuals.

I have gone through and updated all entries and FTP accounts and submissions that I have received thus far. Please verify via the entry status page the status of your entry. Remember that 'Video Received' is the status you will want to see at this time as it means your entry was received and has passed 1st round QC and will move on to judging.

Remember, the deadline for FTP requests and entry submission forms is fast approaching, less then 70 hours away at this posting. We accept any and all types of submissions and welcome all entries no matter what contest they were a part of or even awards they have won in the past.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:01 am

I have a video I want to enter that goes "slightly" over the 25 minute limit. Will there be any exceptions to that ruling?
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

Postby ngsilver » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:07 am

Depends on the 'slightly' and the video.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:46 am

You know me well enough to know how to translate that.
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests