Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (now with winners)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MisterFurious
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition

Post by MisterFurious » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

ngsilver wrote:Yes. In fact we'd welcome a 12 or even 22 year old video!
Don't tempt me...

Dvl-Jigen
Org Profile

Post by Dvl-Jigen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm interested in entering this, I just gotta think of which videos I wanna enter.
Retired AMV editor/NOT retired AMV Coordinator

Anime California 2015, 2016, 2018 AMV/CMV Coordinator
Hanadoki Con 2016, 2017 AMV Coordinator
Anime Conji 2018 AMV Coordinator
Hentai Con 2018 Assistant HMV Coordinator

Digital Video Lazyness. Yeah, that sounds about right

It's D.V.L Not Devil -__-

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:57 pm

An update on the FTP server situation. I was able to successfully move over the weekend but the move took longer then expected and as such the internet is not setup and the server is not ready to be brought back online. I'm expecting it to be brought back online by Thursday.

Keep in mind the database system runs on a different server and is still on and able to take entry submissions and accept FTP requests, I just will not be able to authorize any FTP accounts and FTP submissions cannot be accepted until the server is back up. Once it is back up I will go through the backlog and get everything situated.

Please do also keep in mind that FTP is the only form of digital submission we accept. The video link field in the entry form is for your online distribution version and is only used to point viewers to your video after the con.
ImageImageImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
ngsilver wrote:Yes. In fact we'd welcome a 12 or even 22 year old video!
Don't tempt me...
maybe I should then send in all my guaranteed winners :P .. Well, anyways, if that the rule... I Just see shades of AX 2010 (or 2011 - which ever had the cash prize and all the old videos)
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 am

Vlad, I would advise you to read over the compbros rule. One of the reasons we don't have a freshness rule is that our judging is used to vet entries and our judges tend to look for things that are new and fresh. Me personally, I'd love to see some old videos thrown in and have the potential to make our at-con showing, but considering the number of entries we receive, the odds of that and the video winning an award (winning an award does not mean the video will be shown at the con) are rather slim.

In all seriousness, we just want your videos, we don't really care how many cons they've been to, how old they are, ect. We just don't wanna see repeats. Feel free to test the waters all you want, it's not like we give cash prizes, in the end you're really just competing for screen time. (well... the medals are pretty sweet I must say)
ImageImageImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:50 am

Hey, I understand and it's good that things are not the same all over as that would be boring ( I just razing here but I really shoudln't).. best of luck with the contest..

I would send in something, but I just really don't have anything right now I feel I want to send in, but maybe next year

Vlad
ngsilver wrote:Vlad, I would advise you to read over the compbros rule. One of the reasons we don't have a freshness rule is that our judging is used to vet entries and our judges tend to look for things that are new and fresh. Me personally, I'd love to see some old videos thrown in and have the potential to make our at-con showing, but considering the number of entries we receive, the odds of that and the video winning an award (winning an award does not mean the video will be shown at the con) are rather slim.

In all seriousness, we just want your videos, we don't really care how many cons they've been to, how old they are, ect. We just don't wanna see repeats. Feel free to test the waters all you want, it's not like we give cash prizes, in the end you're really just competing for screen time. (well... the medals are pretty sweet I must say)
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 am

Update on the FTP situation. I was finally able to resolve the network issues I had at home and the FTP server is up. I have received the requests submitted over the last week and will be fulfilling them tonight after I get off work. Please check your email for a response and/or the entry system for your credentials. Thank you for your patience and let the submissions continue.

You have 2 weeks to get your entry forms filled out and submitted.
ImageImageImageImage

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 am

ngsilver wrote:Youma one FTP server is currently offline due to my move as previously announced. Currently it is expected to be offline for labor day weekend. It will hopefully be back up and running in a day or so. In the meantime you can still enter videos in the database and request FTP accounts. I will authorize all accounts once the system is back up and running. Thanks for your patience.
Is it still offline?
we are awesome

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

Kyssifur wrote:
ngsilver wrote:Youma one FTP server is currently offline due to my move as previously announced. Currently it is expected to be offline for labor day weekend. It will hopefully be back up and running in a day or so. In the meantime you can still enter videos in the database and request FTP accounts. I will authorize all accounts once the system is back up and running. Thanks for your patience.
Is it still offline?

Shouldn't be, I uploaded a video to the server recently.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (2 weeks left)

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am

If you see the update right before yours Kyssifur, you will see that I state the server is online and has been for a week or so now.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”