Anime Vegas 2013 AMV Contest - Winners Announced!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Stryyder
Org Profile

Anime Vegas 2013 AMV Contest - Winners Announced!

Post by Stryyder » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:23 am

Hey guys. Another Con season is in full swing, so we are going to start accepting entries for Anime Vegas. The convention has moved back from Veterans Day weekend to Labor Day Weekend and will run August 31-Sept 2.. The convention has moved to November 1-3, 2013.

Ok, we're done with judging and have the finalists selected!! Here they are in no particular order.

Winners in bold

Action/Adventure
Pillar Man, Pillar Man By Leland Lacey
Hunter on Fire By Kiet Huynh
Blood and Iron By James Poulette
Inhumanity By BecauseImBored1
Space Pirate Captain Harlock By Joseph Croasdaile

Drama
Dark Side By Brad Demoss
oh no… By Amy Boyter
Merry Nightmare By Erik Norelus
A Drop of Hope By Matthew Gutierrez
Hearts & Houses By Dean Seirafi

Comedy
Honest Trailors - K-On!: The Movie By Spillio
50 Ways for your Partner to Die By Tsu
Don't Lick the Icing By Drew Brisco
A Feel Good Video By thewiredknight
Orgasmic Moonfall By Samuel Santoro

Sentimental
The Hero You're Dreaming Of By Jeremiah Soria
Thought I Lost You By Erik Norelus
Alone By Julian Marin
Slice of Life By Noelle Nichols
Flashes of Light By Joseph Croasdaile

Upbeat
39 Degrees Fahrenheit By Leland Lacey
Cute and Cuter By Erika Thompson
Magi, the Dayman By Matthew Gutierrez
Glam Jam By GuntherAMVs
8th Grade Goober Syndrome By Samuel Santaro

Judge favorite: Don't Lick the Icing by Drew Brisco
Special judge award: Honest Trailors - K-On!: The Movie By Spillio
Best in Show: Magi, the Dayman By Matthew Gutierrez

Congratulations to all our finalists! A REMINDER: If you attend the con, even if you are not in the finals you are eligible for the special judge's award. Find me at any of the AMV shows to check in and confirm your eligibility. Thanks!

Rules
Spoiler :
Not much in the rules has changed from last year, but here are the things to be aware of:

* Entry information MUST include your home address. This will be for prize mailing and to confirm eligibility.
* Updated from a change last year, this contest is now open to US and Canadian residents, not just US anymore.

AMV Contest Rules for Anime Vegas 2013

The 2013 AMV Contest is open to all AMV creators within the USA and Canada. Video Submission Deadline is 11:59pm 9/7/13

Contestants may compete for top prize in five categories:

1. Action/Adventure – Fast pace and intense, wake us up.
2. Drama – Leave an emotional impact of sadness, angst, inspiration or even happiness.
3. Comedy – Make us slap our knees.
4. Upbeat – Perfect for dancing, getting us moving and smiling.
5. Sentimental – Dedicated to the relationships between characters, be it romantic or platonic, or the personal development of one character.

Contestants may enter more than one AMV, but contestants may submit only one entry per category.

Category Prizes:
Awards will be given for the following:

1. Best In Category – The top video from each category, based on audience vote.
2. Judges’ Favorite – The video that ranks the highest score among the judges.
3. Best in Show – Top video overall, based on audience vote.
4. Special Judge’s Favorite – The special judge’s favorite is only open to those creators in attendence at the convention. Video’s will be screened for a special judge from the AMV community, who will choose the winner of this prize.

Note: Winners not in attendence will be eligible to receive their award only by mail, any other prizes must be accepted in person at Anime Vegas.

Video Length:

Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds playback time and up to a maximum of 6 minutes playback time. Any videos not meeting the playback time requirement will be disqualified.

Video Resolutions:
Videos will be played back on a laptop and must be no bigger than 853x480. If you send us HD videos you run the risk of instigating the blue screen of doom which we aren’t willing to do. COMPRESS YOUR VIDEOS. No changes will be made to alter resolutions so make sure they run well in your playback software before submitting (WMP, VLC Player, KM Player, etc.) Do NOT send us videos larger than 300megs.

Format:
Videos should be submitted in standard playback forms ready to be played in standard media players. Those formats can include:
AVI
MP4
MKV
WMV
Basically any file that can be played in Windows Media Player, VLC Player or KMPlayer. All entries should be compressed to standard playback sizes, NOT uncompressed versions. Files will be simply transferred and played, thus large filesizes may affect playback. (We are repeating ourselves on purpose.) If you have any questions about acceptable formats please contact: AnimeVegasAMV@yahoo.com.

Judging:

All entrants will be prescreened and judged prior to the convention. The top 5 videos for each category will be selected as finalists to be screened at the convention. Audience members will be given a voting ballot for the contest and choose their favorite video for each category. At the end of the show, audience members will be asked to circle one video out of the entire show to be voted as Best in Show.

Disqualifications:
Please remember that Anime Vegas is a FAMILY FRIENDLY event and video content should be appropriate for all ages.

Your video(s) must meet the following criteria:
1) Good quality. Videos found to be poorly encoded as to have many artifacts or red-lining audio may lead to disqualification.
2) Videos may not be submitted if they were submitted to Anime Vegas in a previous year.
3) Keep it PG-13. Poor taste, excessive violence, sexual content or innuendo, and/or strong language are not permitted.
4) No subtitles (except within context). If your source has subtitles that cannot be deleted, please crop them out. As well, videos should not contain industry credits if opening/ending credit footage is used.
5) Must contain at least 75% anime, or Japanese video game footage. Anime style series’ or video games (such as Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) are permitted at the discretion of the judges.
6) Playback time is no shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 6 minutes.
7) No bumpers, credits, watermarks or title screens. All videos will be given uniform identifying slides.

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to submit your AMV way before the due date, ESPECIALLY if your AMV content or format is questionable. Creators whose videos meet one of the disqualification criteria will be notified and updated videos can be resubmitted for consideration. It is recommended to keep your saved edit files. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to respond and read your e-mails frequently during the contest submission period for updates, information and confirmations.

Submitting videos
All videos will be accepted via online submission, no snail mail.

The following information should be included with all submissions:

Your First & Last Name:
Your Home Address
Your Email Address:
Title of video:
Artist(s): (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the artists you used in the AMV)
Song(s) : (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the songs you used in the AMV)
Anime used: (if multiple anime is used, list ALL the anime you used in the AMV)
Video Category:
Will you be attending Anime Vegas: Yes/No

Upload sites
Entries may be submitted via upload sites (ie: Rapidshare, Sendspace, etc.).
Entries may also be submitted as downloads from Animemusicvideos.org assuming they do not contain bumpers. Links to streaming sites such as youtube are not permitted. Email download links and the above information to AnimeVegasAMV@yahoo.com.

DISCLAIMER: Contestants waive all rights to any fees, copyrights, royalties, or any forms of compensation for the use of their name, likeness and videos in publicity, marketing, and public viewing by Anime Vegas and http://www.animevegas.com.
If you have any questions about the contest or submitting your video, please contact us at AnimeVegasAMV@yahoo.com.

Good luck!

~Stryyder
John Galietta III – AV AMV Coordinator
~Rider4Z
Victoria Galietta – AV AMV Assistant Coordinator
Last edited by Stryyder on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

Stryyder
Org Profile

Re: Anime Vegas 2013 AMV Contest - Deadline 7/12/13

Post by Stryyder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Quick edit to the rules. We are renaming the "Romance/Sentimental" category to just "Sentimental". This makes the category theme a bit more straightforward as just videos that create feelings, be they romantic or just touchy-feely good times.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

*bump* :awesome: deadline is right after expo so send us your stuffs :nose:

2ndState
Org Profile

Post by 2ndState » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm

I submitted my video and haven't heard back for a few days. I don't want to rush anyone, but since I submitted a little close to the deadline, I just wanted to make sure it went through fine.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 am

woah! this deadline kinda snuck up on me. I'll definitely have a few vids to send in though :D
Stryyder wrote: Videos will be played back on a laptop and must be no bigger than 853x480.
:cry: sadface.

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:37 pm

2ndState wrote:I submitted my video and haven't heard back for a few days. I don't want to rush anyone, but since I submitted a little close to the deadline, I just wanted to make sure it went through fine.
I believe Stryyder is currently busy this weekend as he has responsibilities at AX. Give them a few days once AX is over, I am sure they will respond to you in time. :)
kireblue wrote:
Stryyder wrote: Videos will be played back on a laptop and must be no bigger than 853x480.
:cry: sadface.
time to compress :\
Image Image

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Big apologies guys, AX was a huge drain. Be advised, the due date WILL be pushed back due to internal issue within anime Vegas, I'll try and put up a solid date soon and should be getting out confirmations this week to those who sent in that I haven't gotten to

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 pm

What is the gore limit??? Would hellsing ultimate be accepted?

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Hmmm....gore is slightly subjective. I' e allowed in stuff like garden of sinners where blood abounds, but there was one last year that I had to DQ for excessive decapitations and a rather graphic scene of a person's head being run over by a tractor. Hellsing ultimate SHOULD be fine, but it will ultimately be up to specific scene choice.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Stryyder wrote:a rather graphic scene of a person's head being run over by a tractor
What is this anime and how can I see it? :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”