Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hm I submitted like a few days ago, no confirmation yet. Is this normal?
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:01 am

I submitted mine some time ago as well. No confirmation yet, but I just assumed he was probably doing it in batches.
NightMistress85

Postby VicBond007 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:15 am

Kazemon15 wrote:Hm I submitted like a few days ago, no confirmation yet. Is this normal?

Was waiting to get a decent amount in queue before I started knocking them out. The first month is always slow. Will probably jump on everything that's been submitted so far, tonight. Confirmation only goes out once the file has been encoded (twice =p) and is tested. If you see it on the FTP server, then I at least have it.

Also still tied up in legal hullabaloo so the rules are still not official. The One Con seems to take issue with *gasp* sharing a form with AUSA :nono:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins
VicBond007

Postby Kazemon15 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am

Ahh okay. Keep up the good work. :)

Personally, I thought it was easy to send the videos we wanted at each con to the same FTP account and using the forms to separate the entries, but maybe that's just me...
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby XStylus » Thu May 09, 2013 6:39 pm

VicBond007 wrote:Also still tied up in legal hullabaloo so the rules are still not official. The One Con seems to take issue with *gasp* sharing a form with AUSA :nono:

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to wrestle with a bureaucracy. :nose:
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
XStylus

Postby Jefferys » Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.
Jefferys

Postby NightMistress85 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Ossum |:>
NightMistress85

Postby Magicflier » Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I have a question...

One of my amvs have the credits and video title that I edited into as a part of it. Would it still be disqualified?
It's not like a bumper, or a lead-in intro/outro, but rather part of the audio track that I've used. :uhoh:
Magicflier

Postby VicBond007 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:05 pm

This is fine. The only credits that would get cut is "extra" stuff that was tacked on before/after the video started/ended. I'm not against giving credit to artists and whatnot, but I am against burning valuable seconds.

Magicflier wrote:I have a question...

One of my amvs have the credits and video title that I edited into as a part of it. Would it still be disqualified?
It's not like a bumper, or a lead-in intro/outro, but rather part of the audio track that I've used. :uhoh:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins
VicBond007

Postby Anicsi » Fri May 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Wow, it's this time of the year again. Ahhh, time sure flies, I wanted to make a new video for this occasion, but I guess an older one will have to do...

VicBond007 wrote:This is fine. The only credits that would get cut is "extra" stuff that was tacked on before/after the video started/ended. I'm not against giving credit to artists and whatnot, but I am against burning valuable seconds.

Magicflier wrote:I have a question...

Sort of same question as Bryan. But in my case it's like the last 5 seconds as the song fades out. You could probably cut it off before, but it'd look/sound not so nice. Should I cut those seconds off anyway, or send you the original file and you'll cut it off if it's not good when you convert it? I have both versions, but the non-cut off is better quality.
Anicsi

Postby VicBond007 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Anicsi wrote:Sort of same question as Bryan. But in my case it's like the last 5 seconds as the song fades out. You could probably cut it off before, but it'd look/sound not so nice. Should I cut those seconds off anyway, or send you the original file and you'll cut it off if it's not good when you convert it? I have both versions, but the non-cut off is better quality.

Same situation. If it's part of the song, you're not using up any unnecessary time, so you're fine. Credits aren't necessary because we do the title cards before each entry, but if you can't remove them without awkwardly cutting off the existing song's audio, then go ahead and leave them in.
VicBond007

Postby Kyssifur » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

entered
we are awesome
Kyssifur

Postby Anicsi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 am

VicBond007 wrote:Same situation. If it's part of the song, you're not using up any unnecessary time, so you're fine. Credits aren't necessary because we do the title cards before each entry, but if you can't remove them without awkwardly cutting off the existing song's audio, then go ahead and leave them in.

Oh, that is good, then. I got a confirmation e-mail, but in the form, I wrote the length of the cut-off video. I'd rather use the other one, though, because it's a bit awkward and the quality really is better. Is there going to be a problem if I upload the video via ftp and the length doesn't match the one I specified in the video form?
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!
Anicsi

Postby VicBond007 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Anicsi wrote:Oh, that is good, then. I got a confirmation e-mail, but in the form, I wrote the length of the cut-off video. I'd rather use the other one, though, because it's a bit awkward and the quality really is better. Is there going to be a problem if I upload the video via ftp and the length doesn't match the one I specified in the video form?
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!

Let me know the length of the video that you uploaded, and I will change it on your form. It is important because we use it to time what plays when :)
VicBond007

Postby Anicsi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
Let me know the length of the video that you uploaded, and I will change it on your form. It is important because we use it to time what plays when :)

Awesome, thanks! The length is 3:52, and the video is 'If I Never', under the same name as here :) I still haven't uploaded it, been so busy, but I'll do that tomorrow.
Anicsi

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests