Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

Postby alchemymini » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:41 am

I am a bit confused why my video was put in the upbeat/dance category o.o Seems like really bad sorting there, but nonetheless congrats to the winners!
alchemymini

Postby LC_Lapen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Y'know, just seeing my video on the ticket is reward enough for me.

Congrads, cheers, and etcetera to all who were involved!
*Sig Under Construction*
LC_Lapen

Postby Parodic Productions » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! Great con all around.

See you all next year.
Neither vice nor prayer
Can ever compare
To the mutual care
Of Central Air
Parodic Productions

Postby machina21 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Congratz ya'll.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
machina21

Postby Lucia Studios » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Not to be a bother, but does anyone have a list of the overflow AMVs that were shown?

I'd really just like to know if mine was (I was there, just didn't get a chance to actually make it to overflow because stuff), but I'm sure there are others also wondering...
Lucia Studios

Postby Amaterasu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Lucia Studios wrote:Not to be a bother, but does anyone have a list of the overflow AMVs that were shown?

I'd really just like to know if mine was (I was there, just didn't get a chance to actually make it to overflow because stuff), but I'm sure there are others also wondering...

There will probably be a list posted sometime soon.
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby -Corsair- » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Congrats to everyone! I had a really fun time this year at Otakon. :)
Hoping to see more faces next year!

Adios mis amigos huehuehue ~
-Corsair-

Postby Iron Solari » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Congrats to all of the winners!
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby SelfishPromise » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:41 am

Congrats to the winners! :D
SelfishPromise

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 am

I really enjoyed the con and the contest! Hosting Iron Editor was a lot of fun and it was a pleasure to meet a number of you. I'm looking forward to next year already. I really like the new space.

Brakus wrote:This year's pre-contest "Notice" screen shown before the contest started:

NOTICE: The Otakon 2013 AMV Contest features plot spoilers, borderline gratuitous violence, girls in skimpy outfits, giant skinless dudes, that "Radioactive" song that's always on the radio, showtunes, sexual innuendo, Sponge Bob, more sexual innuendo, loud noises, and also they've got a tank.

It's that awesome. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I wasn't even paying attention to this at first and then Taylor tapped me on the shoulder to read it. I was a little stunned, but then I cracked up. :P
dragontamer5788 wrote:Two thumbs up to the Trailer category this year. Way to knock it out of the park guys!

The real winners this year were honestly just... the entire Trailer category. So... very... good.

Thanks. It was probably the best I've seen for the category as a whole since its implementation. Everybody really brought it and the audience seemed to really enjoy them too. Speaking of which, I guess we can start rolling out the links:

Last edited by NightMistress85 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightMistress85

Postby kireblue » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

I wish that I had remembered to get my Iron Editor vid from the computer I was using. I was so excited afterwards that I completely forgot. I want to upload it so badly.
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby kireblue » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 pm

the winners of the contest were actually announced on AnimeNewsNetwork. That's so awesome! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convent ... /otakon/12
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Brakus wrote:This year's pre-contest "Notice" screen shown before the contest started:

[i]NOTICE: The Otakon 2013 AMV Contest features plot spoilers, borderline gratuitous violence, girls in skimpy outfits, giant skinless dudes, that "Radioactive" song that's always on the radio, showtunes, sexual innuendo, Sponge Bob, more sexual innuendo, loud noises, and also they've got a tank.

OH WOW!! Missed this! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Inhumanity contributed towards "gratuitous violence" :D!
BecauseImBored1

Postby Anicsi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Wow, I'm like dumbstruck. I did not expect to win at all, when I saw it my eyes had the size of dinner plates, haha. Thank you all so much, and congrats to everyone else as well. Still wished more than anything I could have been there to see the show!
Anicsi

Postby VicBond007 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 am

Brakus-beats-me-to-everything bump.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins
VicBond007

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests