Hey guys Gene Starwind 21122 here and I'm back. I'll be running the T-Mode AMV Contest this year. I just found out about this recently. DeRobert is going to assisting me with the contest this year. I know it is short notice, but I'm going to need your guys help in order to pull off a great show. So come on guys lets put on great show for the audience. I'm looking forward to watching your vides.
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY!
Online entry deadline –April 13th, 2013 11:59 PM EST
There will be NO EXTENSION beyond this date!
All entries MUST be submitted no later than this.
Any entry arriving any later will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!! ftp://184.108.40.206/t-mode
Also feel free to use rapidshare, yousendit or any other upload site incase you are not able to access the T-Mode one. If there is a problem with the T-Mode Ftp let me know and I'll contact the person running it.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR FILES HERE. WE WILL CONFIRM ONCE WE DOWNLOAD THEM
Contact the AMV Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
There will be six categories this year.
UpBeat / Dance
Epic - Over the top videos that gives you that epic and adrenaline feel. Those videos that make you go WOW that was epic! That type of feeling.
The audience will vote for the top videos in each category as well as Best in Show.
Our hand-selected panel of judges and the convention chairman choose our special Judge’s favorite and Chairman’s Awards respectively.
So, in summary...
Best of Category (one for each of the six)
Best of Show
Judge's Choice Award (our judging panel's award for best overall video)
Con Chair's Award
Once the deadline passes and we have all our entries, the AMV staff will screen them all to determine the field of finalists.
The screening will utilize a fairly strict scoring system.
Your entry must pass a quality check (sound clarity and video quality, mainly) and then it will be judged on several technical factors, although entertainment value is extremely important. No one on the screening panel will be shown or told the name / identity of any of the submissions' editors. Once all the numbers are in, the math will be done and the highest-scoring entries will pass on to the finals (posted within a week of the convention).
You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
It must accompany the download link in the email you send.
The form should be nothing more than a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Full legal name
- Nickname / Studio name (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Title of AMV
- Song title(s) and artist(s)
- Name of source video footage
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
Please name your files in this format:
video: “your name – video title.avi”
info: “your name – video title.txt”
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 fps -OR- 23.976 fps with 3:2 pull down
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive scan)
- 48000 Hz audio (two-channel stereo)
The following formats will be accepted, provided that they meet the above standards:
- MPEG 1 or 2
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.
2) NO BUMPERS or CREDITS will be permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals.
3) A maximum of three submissions per person, one per category, is allowed.
4) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5:30 minutes running time.
4b) Source footage should be 90% anime based or video game based or combination of both. Please do not use downloaded footage. If we think the footage is downloaded and there are ways to tell, the video will be dq. (examples watermark, logo's in the corner of the videos and of course leaving subtitles in that aren't yours.)
5a) Submissions should be no more than 8 months old or close to it.
5b) Anti-trolling rules are in effect. Do not enter a video if it has won three major awards (best of category and best in show). If you enter several contests and your video wins its third award after the T-MODE submission deadline has passed, it will NOT count against you.
6) This contest will be viewed by a general audience (all-ages) so try and maintain a PG-rating. Absolutely NO sexual content, excessive violence, or profanity will be permitted.
7a) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.
7b) Your video will be disqualified if there are any logos, watermarks, or fan-produced subtitles. You ARE allowed to produce your own subtitles.
8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled-out submission form. (see above) We can't stress this enough!
9) All submitted materials become the property of T-MODE, and are non-returnable.
10) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted. (Hint: do not make AMVs with downloaded video or poor-sounding audio.)
11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show on Sunday. If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of T-MODE. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery.
12) Copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.
13) T-MODE is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.
14) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to make your entry suitable for screening, we will contact you as soon as possible.
15) All members of the T-Mode AMV Staff are prohibited from entering this contest. They may still submit their videos to be shown during the non-competitive exhibition.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
Now everybody “FULL SPEED AHEAD!”
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014