JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Snackpants
Org Profile

JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Post by Snackpants » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:30 pm

I would like to thank all those that participated in this year's AMV contest, and we played to a packed house. Again since we only had 90 minutes, we only showed 24 of the 39 entries during the contest, but this year we made sure that all the entries were played during 'bumper' space during the convention.

The Winners are as follows:

Honorable Mentions:

"A Winner is YOU!" Award from Sushi Boy Jared
Mark Viola - "Ocean's 11" Tailer to Cowboy Bebop

"Red Shiny Candy-Like" Award from The Finger
Brian Smith - "Happy Happy Joy Joy" to Evangelion

"More Snack for the Buck!" Award from Joey Snackpants, Esq.
Brian Palacios - "Mr. Deadman" to Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Winners:

Best Comedy
George Mora - "Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates" to One Piece

Best Action
Matt Page - "Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme" to Angelic Layer

Best Romance
Brett Buchan - "Thousand Miles" to Whispers of the Heart

Best of Show
Tom Guttadauro - "Our House" to Our Neighbors the Yamadas.

Basically this year, less was more. Old School edits beat out crazy effects. Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you always should.
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:36 pm

Go Tom The Fish!

But wait...

was there a drama catagory?

:?:

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:44 pm

The category was Drama/Romance.

I would like to thank Snackpants and company for a great contest. First off let me say I almost fainted when the doors to the room not only opened on time, but 15 minutes early! And then the contest started *gasp* exactly on time!
There were no problems with audio or video and everything ran very smoothly (at least it looked that way from the crowd).

Great job guys!

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:48 pm

What did the crowd think of my video?

It was that Trigun one with the song "Dry The Rain". Lots fo trumpets at the end. :P

Wonka
Org Profile

Re: JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Post by Wonka » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:52 pm

Snackpants wrote:Basically this year, less was more. Old School edits beat out crazy effects. Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you always should.

So basically if you used effects beyond fades your vid was dissqualified in the eyes of the judges. Peachy.

Congrats to all the winners, especialy Tom. HypeO has been rooting for you to win a con since we have known of you Image

Snackpants
Org Profile

Re: JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Post by Snackpants » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:06 pm

Wonka wrote:
Snackpants wrote:Basically this year, less was more. Old School edits beat out crazy effects. Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you always should.

So basically if you used effects beyond fades your vid was dissqualified in the eyes of the judges. Peachy.
Ah... no... but when all the videos were shown, the ones that were at the top used less 'effects'. *shrug* Though I loved the 'note bar' effect on your 'Appetite' video, quite impressive.

[MOD837: Snackpants, your avatar is too big...limit is 80x80 pixels]
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org

Kurainight
Org Profile

Post by Kurainight » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:29 pm

hello Snack pants my vid could not be showbecauseof something with the codec ??? i don't know my mom forgets easily but she talked to one of the judges and he said something like it was great but could not get it to play on the screen because it got distorted or some thing. I was at work so i got my mom to go. i emailed u about the prob i need to know what happend so the same thing does not happen at jacon. mine was Darkstampede productions. hotel califona, spritied away. I know i must really be geting annoying but i need to know! thanx :D according to the judge this cost me one of the titles, that was one of the only things my mom could remember. but she trys :D

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:49 am

There were two videos showed during the AMV Contest that I don't really remember well or could find any info on. One was "Trial of Hellsing," or something like that, and I think it was Checkm8 Studios. The other I know absolutely nothing about. The only thing I could pick up was "Land of the Rising Sun" from the lyrics. Does anyone have more info on these videos? Like the J. Snackpants, Esq.? :wink:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:35 am

Wait, Quite A Crowd went up against Appitite for Dynamite and won? That's just not right...

Irregardless, I am speechless. Thanks! :D

Tom

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:16 pm

Rozard wrote:The other I know absolutely nothing about. The only thing I could pick up was "Land of the Rising Sun" from the lyrics.
If it was "land of the rising slum" that you heard, it was probably this one. I don't blame you for not remembering anything about it; I was going for a low-key kind of feel, and quite probably did that too well. Long - slow - dark - quiet -- snore.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Return to “AMV Contests”