foenanko wrote:I think it said in the e-mail that the stamp on the badges will only get the actual editor in to the rescreening/award special seats, and not guests... is that the case? I'm a little confused by this post.
On the subject, is there usually a huge turnout for the awards/rescreening? Just wondering how soon my friends should line up if they want to attend.
That's correct, but there's more that ya'll should probably know...ATTENTION TO ALL AMV CREATORS ATTENDING ANIME EXPO:
1) Badge stamps will be given to ONE person only. I cannot provide them to companions/significant-others/friends. This also means that if you submitted as part of a team, you need to pick which ONE
of you gets that stamp.
2) Badge stamps are a "Front-of-Line" privilege, not a "Guaranteed Entry" privilege. The Fire Martial is being gestapo this year, so if the room is full, you will absolutely not be allowed in under any circumstances until there is a seat available. There will not be standing room. You're either seated, or you're not in the room.
3) Even though you have a badge stamp, AX "Premier Fan" badge holders might still have priority over you. I'm still working on that though.
4) The AMV Room will be cleared between each activity. Those of you who intended to camp in the room, sorry, though for what it's worth I honestly I don't know how bad the lines for the various AMV activities will be though, so HOPEFULLY this won't be too big of a problem most of the time (though AMV Chef and some of the interactive activities will blow the doors off).
5) Word to the wise for the AMV re-screening: Even though you have a badge stamp, get in line early. Very
early. 8:30am early. You can bet that since the AMV competition is already sold out of all 3350 seats (and WELL in advance of Masq) on a slow paced Thursday, you can bet that there will probably be a huge turnout fighting for 800 seats on a busy Saturday.
I'm doing the best I can to get you guys as many perks regarding AMV activities as possible. I'll keep you updated as I have more info.