Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:35 pm

xstylus wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Spoiler :
Drama :awesome:


[Yue: NO!]

So when exactly did the time-honored AX thread joke become against the forum rules, that it can be censored?


Spoiler :
Forum drama? :awesome:



Don't make me call upon some favors. :|
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby drewaconclusion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
xstylus wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:So when exactly did the time-honored AX thread joke become against the forum rules, that it can be censored?


Spoiler :
Forum drama? :awesome:



Don't make me call upon some favors. :|


And what's that supposed to mean?
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Castor Troy wrote:If you make the finals, you should come during the day of the reshow and awards ceremony to pick up prizes!

goo' philospheeee :amv:
Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:If you make the finals, you should come during the day of the reshow and awards ceremony to pick up prizes!

goo' philospheeee :amv:


Spoiler :
ドラマ :awesome:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 am

drewaconclusion wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Don't make me call upon some favors. :|


And what's that supposed to mean?

I have no idea, but it sounds kinky! :asd:
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:If you make the finals, you should come during the day of the reshow and awards ceremony to pick up prizes!

goo' philospheeee :amv:


Spoiler :
ドラマ :awesome:



Goddamn it, Ryan. :|

I swear to god, if you weren't Batman I'd beat the shit out of you :P

Every time you do something like this I'm going to start taxing you in liqueur :P
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:44 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:If you make the finals, you should come during the day of the reshow and awards ceremony to pick up prizes!

goo' philospheeee :amv:


Spoiler :
ドラマ :awesome:

Well played |:>
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Ryvannis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:32 am

Curious, what is the rule on resubmitting previous AMVs? I'm redoing one of my oldies and to an extent, about 80% of the footage is altered.
User avatar
Ryvannis
 
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby XStylus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 am

Ryvannis wrote:Curious, what is the rule on resubmitting previous AMVs? I'm redoing one of my oldies and to an extent, about 80% of the footage is altered.


Please see #2 on the Q&A/FAQ. Second post in the thread.

Email me when you've finished your final cut. I'll want to see a before and after.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Ryvannis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 am

xstylus wrote:
Ryvannis wrote:Curious, what is the rule on resubmitting previous AMVs? I'm redoing one of my oldies and to an extent, about 80% of the footage is altered.


Please see #2 on the Q&A/FAQ. Second post in the thread.

Email me when you've finished your final cut. I'll want to see a before and after.


I read the rule, just looking for some further clarification in terms of alterations. But I will go ahead and email you the second cut once it's ready.
User avatar
Ryvannis
 
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby XStylus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 am

Ryvannis wrote:I read the rule, just looking for some further clarification in terms of alterations. But I will go ahead and email you the second cut once it's ready.


Well, only way I can further clarify is to say that we pretty much err on the side of "No," but sometimes there's a rare case where there's an extenuating circumstance. Or also, sometimes an AMV creator makes so many changes to an entry that it becomes indistinguishable from the original, in which case it can justifiably be called a fresh AMV. I strongly recommend giving the entry a new name in that case as well.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Ryvannis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 am

xstylus wrote:
Ryvannis wrote:I read the rule, just looking for some further clarification in terms of alterations. But I will go ahead and email you the second cut once it's ready.


Well, only way I can further clarify is to say that we pretty much err on the side of "No," but sometimes there's a rare case where there's an extenuating circumstance. Or also, sometimes an AMV creator makes so many changes to an entry that it becomes indistinguishable from the original, in which case it can justifiably be called a fresh AMV. I strongly recommend giving the entry a new name in that case as well.


Indistinguishable? Chances are yes, it would be hard to tell, some scenes might be similar but I'll take that into consideration as well. In addition to that, their are going to be some name changing considerations. I haven't touched the video too much considering that I'm still working on main entry at the moment.
User avatar
Ryvannis
 
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:02 am

Ryvannis wrote:Curious, what is the rule on resubmitting previous AMVs? I'm redoing one of my oldies and to an extent, about 80% of the footage is altered.



Oh hey! Ryvannis posted!

Wait...it's because the AX thread is up...


DEAN, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. :|
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Ryvannis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Ryvannis wrote:Curious, what is the rule on resubmitting previous AMVs? I'm redoing one of my oldies and to an extent, about 80% of the footage is altered.



Oh hey! Ryvannis posted!

Wait...it's because the AX thread is up...


DEAN, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. :|


Oh don't worry, I got myself covered. :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=111970&p=1477535#p1477535
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=111742&p=1477534#p1477534

Spoiler :
Yes, I know. I just made those posts right now.

Edit: One more!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=111023&p=1477539#p1477539
User avatar
Ryvannis
 
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:11 am

Image
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaboroshiStudio and 2 guests