Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Eake4 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 am

chairs are cool
Image
User avatar
Eake4
Australian Zeus
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Doing something useless again

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Rider4Z » Sat May 04, 2013 10:01 am

Cyrix wrote:Uploading now! Google Drive is a heck of a lot easier than mailing. But I guess nothing will beat the year my desktop refused to burn CDs and the USB ports shorted out in my laptop so I couldn't transfer the files to it via flash drive and I ended up getting to the post office three minutes after they closed (but they were nice enough to let me in) and then had to call my brother and beg him to look up the mailing address for the AMV contest submissions because I had forgotten to write it down after not sleeping all night 8-)

frikken awesome :awesome:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Dvl-Jigen » Sat May 04, 2013 10:35 am

Submitted my entries last night, something tells me I ain't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but that's not gonna stop me from trying
User avatar
Dvl-Jigen
 
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Location: Bright & Sunny San Diego, Ca
Status: Warning: May potentially secretly be a narwhal

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby NightMistress85 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 am

You live in San Diego? That's practically winning at life! *currently counting the days until Comic Con*

I've never made an AX final before (though I only entered once years ago) so making the cut at all would be a pretty sweet victory for me.
User avatar
NightMistress85
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby tipsd9video » Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Same here. Never made it to the finals, but I've been entering for a few years. It would be cool to make it in, even if I don't win anything.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
User avatar
tipsd9video
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2010

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Bm-atticus » Sat May 04, 2013 12:10 pm

This is the first time I've entered AX and it's been sort of a pipe dream of mine to get into the finals. I've been a finalist other places, won runner up, best in my category, and more recently best in show, but up until now I've never felt my videos were good enough to even bother entering the AX AMV. So I entered my video last night and ready to see what happens. If I get in, my entire household will probably know it. If not? I'll look forward to seeing the videos that did get in and take notes for next year.
User avatar
Bm-atticus
 
Joined: 09 May 2010
Location: Oceanside

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Just to put this out there:

If you're sending your AMV at literally the last-possible-minute tonight and you end up encountering "paperwork difficulties", don't panic. Contact me and I'll work with you, even if it's 12:01am.


And also, I'm about to leave for a dentist appointment and I probably won't be back online until 5pm (gee, what a day for that, eh?). If your video is all done but some sort of stupid crap is holding you back, don't worry, I'll work with you.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Castor Troy » Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm rootin' for everyone. Last year *really* set the bar high for AX AMV contests and I bet this year will be even better.

Seeing your video played in front of 3000+ people is pretty freakin' awesome. |:>

xstylus wrote:Just to put this out there:

If you're sending your AMV at literally the last-possible-minute tonight and you end up encountering "paperwork difficulties", don't panic. Contact me and I'll work with you, even if it's 12:01am.


And also, I'm about to leave for a dentist appointment and I probably won't be back online until 5pm (gee, what a day for that, eh?). If your video is all done but some sort of stupid crap is holding you back, don't worry, I'll work with you.


Hopefully your teeth won't fall out after the flood of last minute submissions. :mrgreen:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby [madaraxD] » Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm

I just send my entries, hope all is ok!
Image
User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Location: Argentina
Status: Under your bed!

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 pm

[madaraxD] wrote:I just send my entries, hope all is ok!


So I get back from the dentist and check my inbox...

It go boom. No doubt about it anymore, this is gonna crush last year's numbers.

I'll start tackling this once I've had a chance to sleep off the sedatives.

I'm also about a day behind on sending off confirmations. I'll catch up on those as soon as I can.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Castor Troy » Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 pm

xstylus wrote:
[madaraxD] wrote:I just send my entries, hope all is ok!


So I get back from the dentist and check my inbox...

It go boom. No doubt about it anymore, this is gonna crush last year's numbers.

I'll start tackling this once I've had a chance to sleep off the sedatives.

I'm also about a day behind on sending off confirmations. I'll catch up on those as soon as I can.


I think Dean's is the 34th one from the bottom. :awesome:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm

As the entires flood in... Wow good job people, love that the tradition at AX is still there with totaly last minute submissions |:>

Have fun Troy, I'll try to think of you keeping your head above the water when I got to bed tonight (I'm such a mean asistant) :P
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As the entires flood in... Wow good job people, love that the tradition at AX is still there with totaly last minute submissions |:>

Have fun Troy, I'll try to think of you keeping your head above the water when I got to bed tonight (I'm such a mean asistant) :P
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Rider4Z » Sat May 04, 2013 7:12 pm

*yawn*
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Hagaren Viper » Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Spoiler :
Image :bear:
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaboroshiStudio, ShodanKid and 5 guests