Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby machina21 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Almost done.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
User avatar
machina21
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Searching for Mercy Street

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Seijin_Dinger » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:47 am

exporting video now
Image
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014
User avatar
Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2001
Location: Puyallup, WA
Status: in a relationship

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 pm

132 hours and 34 minutes until the deadline... :amv:

No pressure, of course. :P
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm

or for those who count every second, as of right now there is: 473,400 seconds

and if your video is 4 minutes and say your using 30 FPS for a total of 7200 frames, therefore you got to finish a frame every 65.75 seconds if you start right now (assuming you don't sleep at all and do nothing but edit :P )

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Finally stopped procrastinating and submitted... :sorcerer:

I wasn't sure about the category for my new video...so I just picked one randomly, lol!
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Ileia » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:(assuming you don't sleep at all and do nothing but edit :P )


You have selected ILEIA MODE. Please hold. Your call is very important to us.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby MisterFurious » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:473,400 seconds


Isn't that a song from "Rent"?

oh, wait...
Last edited by MisterFurious on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
MisterFurious
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2001
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Ileia wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:(assuming you don't sleep at all and do nothing but edit :P )


You have selected ILEIA MODE. Please hold. Your call is very important to us.


This song strangely comes to mind... :P
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Sent ...but in txt file bc pdf wasnt' working
User avatar
BecauseImBored1
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2012

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

BecauseImBored1 wrote:Sent ...but in txt file bc pdf wasnt' working


What PDF reader were you using? I tested it in a bunch of PDF readers and in each one I was able to type in the info and save it as a PDF. Worked fine in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro (Mac and PC versions), Foxit, and OSX's Preview. I did notice that it encountered trouble with Firefox's built-in PDF viewer (that's Mozilla's fault there), but that was it.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby Kazemon15 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Hmm filling out my form so I can get ready to send in a hurry...

I noticed the last space only has the comedy/trailer able to be selected, but I have 3 videos (doing 3+1) and no comedy entry, do I just write the category I want somewhere or leave it blank and use another form for the last entry?
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image
User avatar
Kazemon15
 
Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: AMV Freak, California
Status: Reborn! Fanatic

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Postby XStylus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm filling out my form so I can get ready to send in a hurry...

I noticed the last space only has the comedy/trailer able to be selected, but I have 3 videos (doing 3+1) and no comedy entry, do I just write the category I want somewhere or leave it blank and use another form for the last entry?


Use a second entry form for the third vid.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Kisagi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:46 am

xstylus wrote:Oh, and the G-Rated hentai bet is still on. Anyone who enters a bona-fide G ratable AMV (not PG, not PG-13, it has to be G, and no censor bars) using nothing but hentai shows, I will buy all the beer they can drink at the creator gathering. And if it's PG, I'll at least buy you a glass for effort. :ying: :beer:

(And I've already put money aside just in case someone actually does it.)


Oh ok, I guess I'll put something old and procrastinate this (maybe)
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Theredflash66 wrote:
xstylus wrote:Oh, and the G-Rated hentai bet is still on. Anyone who enters a bona-fide G ratable AMV (not PG, not PG-13, it has to be G, and no censor bars) using nothing but hentai shows, I will buy all the beer they can drink at the creator gathering. And if it's PG, I'll at least buy you a glass for effort. :ying: :beer:

(And I've already put money aside just in case someone actually does it.)


Oh ok, I guess I'll put something old and procrastinate this (maybe)


I think the AMV manager should also then get the Assistant Manager a free beer if that happens :beer:

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby XStylus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Theredflash66 wrote:
xstylus wrote:Oh, and the G-Rated hentai bet is still on. Anyone who enters a bona-fide G ratable AMV (not PG, not PG-13, it has to be G, and no censor bars) using nothing but hentai shows, I will buy all the beer they can drink at the creator gathering. And if it's PG, I'll at least buy you a glass for effort. :ying: :beer:

(And I've already put money aside just in case someone actually does it.)


Oh ok, I guess I'll put something old and procrastinate this (maybe)


I think the AMV manager should also then get the Assistant Manager a free beer if that happens :beer:

Vlad


Waaaait a minute, you told me at SC that you don't drink, sir. But if ya really want one... :P
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron