Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Rider4Z » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm

i'm not exactly tweaking, more like.... polishing :sorcerer:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm not exactly tweaking, more like.... polishing :sorcerer:

Tweaker. :amv:
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
XStylus

Postby butteredxbiscuit » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Well, glad to here there's a ton of entries this year. Sounds like we'll get the cream of the crop come July.
"it's all coming back to me, the true..."
butteredxbiscuit

Postby XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 pm

butteredxbiscuit wrote:Well, glad to here there's a ton of entries this year. Sounds like we'll get the cream of the crop come July.

Quantity at this point before the deadline is definitely up over last year, yes, but that's a pretty low bar to beat, plus last year was mail-in. Most people held off until the final week (if not the final day). Since I'm doing digital submissions this year and have made it easier to send in a submission, people have less reason to procrastinate. So, in some respects the jury is still out on how the final turnout will be.

Or to put it another way, keep sending em' in, people. :)

"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
XStylus

Postby LC_Lapen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

xstylus wrote:people have less reason to procrastinate.

Procrastination runs thicker than blood in some people.

And by 'some people' I more specifically mean me. Damn internet and your temptress imageboards.

Anywhoo, getting down to the wire now. Was going to submit 2 entries, but I've got to completely re-work one of them hopefully in time for next Saturday.

Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?
*Sig Under Construction*
LC_Lapen

Postby XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm

LC_Lapen wrote:Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?

There are two things that will be here to stay so long as I'm running things: The chairs, and professional ballots. I've made it clear that I would walk away if ever I was told I would have to cut corners on those. Maintaining a consistent level of quality from year to year is one of my goals for improving and maintaining the reputability of this event. Thankfully, the powers that be have been kind enough to work with me.

As for the backup plan, there's always a Plan B. :)
Last edited by XStylus on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XStylus

Postby Rider4Z » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 pm

LC_Lapen wrote:Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?

HAHA! that was fun.
Image Image
Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm

xstylus wrote:

There are two things that will be here to stay so long as I'm running things: The chairs, and professional ballots. I've made it clear that I would walk away if ever I was told I would have to cut corners on those. Maintaining a consistent level of quality from year to year is one of my goals for improving and maintaining the reputability of this event. Thankfully, the powers that be have been kind enough to work with me.

As for the backup plan, there's always a Plan B. :)

No, Plan "C"

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Gaav110 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. It's my first time posting and I also sent in my first submission ever. I know it may not make it in this year but I feel really good about taking the time to make it. So if it doesn't make maybe I'll figure out how to upload it here. I already messed up, when I sent in my form it was blank, thanks xstylus for letting me know so I could resend it haha.
Gaav110

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 am

ALSO, for all those editors coming to AX, check out information on Creator Splotlights in the AMV Room (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113044) if your intrested in showign some of your works

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby tipsd9video » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 am

Ok, I have 2 entries ready and am rushing trying to get a third one done in time.

That creators spotlight thing sounds interesting, maybe I'll sign up for it. Depends on how crowded my AX schedule ends up being.

And I'm gonna start posting more on this thread, so ohai.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
tipsd9video

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:06 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:ALSO, for all those editors coming to AX, check out information on Creator Splotlights in the AMV Room (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113044) if your intrested in showign some of your works

Vlaf

Vlaf :awesome:

My clone brother.. OR did you think I run so much stuff as one person :wink:

Vlad
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Rider4Z » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:35 pm

ZOMG ENTERED :bzz2:
Image Image
Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Cyrix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Perhaps this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but I feel it's important enough it should be added to the original post and the official documents need to be updated. The official rules say you can submit three AMVs plus one trailer/parody, but the submission form says you can submit 2 + 1. Which is correct?
Cyrix

Postby XStylus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Cyrix wrote:Perhaps this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but I feel it's important enough it should be added to the original post and the official documents need to be updated. The official rules say you can submit three AMVs plus one trailer/parody, but the submission form says you can submit 2 + 1. Which is correct?

The rules that got posted to the website are an early version of the rules. The intended version changed it to 2+1, but since the other version is what got posted, I must abide by them. So...

The rules on the website are correct. The submission form is not (that's my fault), but there's a bit of bureaucracy involved in getting the submission form corrected. So, if you wish to send 3+1, put your first three vids in the first submission form, then put your fourth vid in a second submission form. There's already been one person who invoked that rule and submitted their entries accordingly.
Last edited by XStylus on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XStylus

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests