Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm

i'm not exactly tweaking, more like.... polishing :sorcerer:

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm not exactly tweaking, more like.... polishing :sorcerer:
Tweaker. :amv:
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

butteredxbiscuit
Org Profile

Post by butteredxbiscuit » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Well, glad to here there's a ton of entries this year. Sounds like we'll get the cream of the crop come July.
"it's all coming back to me, the true..."

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 pm

butteredxbiscuit wrote:Well, glad to here there's a ton of entries this year. Sounds like we'll get the cream of the crop come July.
Quantity at this point before the deadline is definitely up over last year, yes, but that's a pretty low bar to beat, plus last year was mail-in. Most people held off until the final week (if not the final day). Since I'm doing digital submissions this year and have made it easier to send in a submission, people have less reason to procrastinate. So, in some respects the jury is still out on how the final turnout will be.

Or to put it another way, keep sending em' in, people. :)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

LC_Lapen
Org Profile

Post by LC_Lapen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

xstylus wrote:people have less reason to procrastinate.
Procrastination runs thicker than blood in some people.

And by 'some people' I more specifically mean me. Damn internet and your temptress imageboards.

Anywhoo, getting down to the wire now. Was going to submit 2 entries, but I've got to completely re-work one of them hopefully in time for next Saturday.

Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?
*Sig Under Construction*

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm

LC_Lapen wrote:Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?
There are two things that will be here to stay so long as I'm running things: The chairs, and professional ballots. I've made it clear that I would walk away if ever I was told I would have to cut corners on those. Maintaining a consistent level of quality from year to year is one of my goals for improving and maintaining the reputability of this event. Thankfully, the powers that be have been kind enough to work with me.

As for the backup plan, there's always a Plan B. :)
Last edited by XStylus on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 pm

LC_Lapen wrote:Beeteedoubleyou, was just curious if we were getting those high-quality ballots again this year. And speaking of voting, and I know the odds of this happening 2 years in a row are astronomical, but do we have a backup plan in case of another tiebreaker vote for creator's choice?
HAHA! that was fun.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm

xstylus wrote:
There are two things that will be here to stay so long as I'm running things: The chairs, and professional ballots. I've made it clear that I would walk away if ever I was told I would have to cut corners on those. Maintaining a consistent level of quality from year to year is one of my goals for improving and maintaining the reputability of this event. Thankfully, the powers that be have been kind enough to work with me.

As for the backup plan, there's always a Plan B. :)
No, Plan "C"

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Gaav110
Org Profile

Post by Gaav110 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. It's my first time posting and I also sent in my first submission ever. I know it may not make it in this year but I feel really good about taking the time to make it. So if it doesn't make maybe I'll figure out how to upload it here. I already messed up, when I sent in my form it was blank, thanks xstylus for letting me know so I could resend it haha.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 am

ALSO, for all those editors coming to AX, check out information on Creator Splotlights in the AMV Room (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 8&t=113044) if your intrested in showign some of your works

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Return to “AMV Contests”