Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:13 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about, Victoria. :uhoh:
Last edited by XStylus on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:49 am

very good, troy.

shiro_clanclan
Org Profile

Post by shiro_clanclan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:53 pm

So what's going on with '50 Ways For Your Partner to Die'? I'm planning on doing a big of an AX recap online show for a forum community I'm a part of and I've got all the AMVs I need to cover the contest except that one. Halp!

Also, the contest was pretty awesome this year. I didn't mind all the electronica/dubstep stuff (though there was a lot) but really what got me was when I was sitting in the audience waiting for the contest to begin. Some of the videos I saw that were 'honorable mentions' were really good, easily good enough to have been competetors in past years. I just sat there in my seat dumbfounded, looking at my friends and thinking, 'If these didn't get in, then what the heck did!?' Sure enough, while I still thought a few videos were in the wrong categories, the overall quality of the entries was higher than any other year I've attended. Bravo to all participants, even those of you who were honorable mentions! I had a blast!!
ImageImage

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:02 pm

shiro_clanclan wrote:I didn't mind all the electronica/dubstep stuff (though there was a lot)...
[nods] Yeaaaaaaahhh.... I received a lot of comments regarding the amount of dubstep this year. It seems to be the new Action. Not that it's bad, it's just not what Action used to be.

Early on before the deadline there were a few that I contacted as to if they would consider recategorizing over to "Fun/Dance", to which I received shocked replies akin to "Why the hell would you put an Action vid over in Dance?" Er... maybe because it's techno, not Action? But that's just my opinion. Ultimately I just let the judges decide, as the process should be.

But yeah... Action. Vlad and I kinda had a "back in MY day..." moment on that category this year. It's not that Techno-Action is bad, it's just not the Adventure-Action standard set by competitions of yesteryear. :P
but really what got me was when I was sitting in the audience waiting for the contest to begin. Some of the videos I saw that were 'honorable mentions' were really good, easily good enough to have been competetors in past years. I just sat there in my seat dumbfounded, looking at my friends and thinking, 'If these didn't get in, then what the heck did!?'
That's why I'm so glad to be able to let them be seen in our "pre-show". There's so many awesome videos that it's torture when I finally get the judge results and see what didn't make the cut. They deserve to be seen.

As for Tsu's "50 Ways for Your Partner to Die", she's shown up once in a while, so maybe we'll have the honor of seeing her vid posted at some point when she feels ready. Some people don't post their vids until after they've finished sending them around the various cons.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:52 pm

shiro_clanclan wrote:So what's going on with '50 Ways For Your Partner to Die'?
The editor, Tsu, posted in her org journal that he laptop died so she is currently in the process of the getting it fixed.

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Sent a pm your way, Shiro.

Pwolf is right - (seriously though, people read that? This is the second acknowledgement I've received of that entry), My motherboard somehow fried while I was gone and my phone stopped working shortly thereafter so I apologize or being incommunicado for so long. With any luck my vid will be up today, or possibly tomorrow.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and try to not faint due to people wanting my vid and friggin Pwolf and xstylus covering for me ... *thud*
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

shiro_clanclan
Org Profile

Post by shiro_clanclan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Oh my goodness there are so many features I don't know about in the Org now. I wasn't aware of the blog, my sincerest apologies! Tsu!, thanks for the message, I really appreciate that. Can't wait, and welcome back!
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”