Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm

SerialStorm wrote:Just an FYI for the creators, like myself, who plan on picking up our creators + Guest tickets. Make sure to check your email inbox and SPAM folders for a message from Troy Williams (Anime Expo AMV) regarding our creators tickets. I just saw the email and wanted to make sure all of you knew to look for yours as well. It is IMPORTANT that you read the email and follow the directions he sent if you plan on attending AX and receiving your creator tickets. We have until Thursday (six days) to follow the directions and be able to receive our tickets at the convention.
Yes. Definitely. PLEASE.

If you submitted an AMV to AX this year, I need you to send me an email (not a PM, an email) stating if you are coming or not, and how many tickets you need if so. If you have already done so, thank you!
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm

it landed in my spam box too. at first i thought the bots were getting clever.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

SerialStorm wrote:Just an FYI for the creators, like myself, who plan on picking up our creators + Guest tickets. Make sure to check your email inbox and SPAM folders for a message from Troy Williams (Anime Expo AMV) regarding our creators tickets.
Er... hey, wait a minit... I haven't gotten an email from you. Funny that you'd send a message informing everybody to respond to the message when ya' hadn't done so yerself! :P
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:33 pm

I definitely received mine no problem though I'm in gmail. I was probably one of the first responders :P

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Man, I know AMV contest is a popular thing but whats with the sudden interest? I dont remember tickets running out so soon before. Or were they just not distributed beforehand.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:Man, I know AMV contest is a popular thing but whats with the sudden interest? I dont remember tickets running out so soon before. Or were they just not distributed beforehand.
They used to be distributed at-con, but now there's an online ticketing system so you can reserve tickets in advance. The AMV competition filled up lightning quick. I'm really hoping all those attendees who reserved tickets are really using them (I proposed a token $1 fee per ticket but that was shot down on legal concerns [and not unjustifiably]).

I had 250 tickets set aside for AMV creators, but because of demand about 50 were clawed back. I put up a mighty fight on it, but... ...now that I've had a lot of AMV creators reply to my ticket inquiry I have a clearer idea of what I might actually need and it looks like things just might be right on [which means I'd have some crow to eat with the powers that be]. I might even be able to give a 4th ticket to those who need one.

I think next year I will be advised to have AMV creators use the online ticketing system somehow. There's some implementation challenges that might need to be overcome insofar as making sure creators have first dibs on the best seats, but that'd save trouble for all concerned if that can be made to work.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:31 pm

i propose all creators get wristbands! |:>

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i propose all creators get wristbands! |:>
Tried that, or a version of it at least. :S

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey AMV entrants, can you spot your vid? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8awZU7na_xw

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

xstylus wrote:Hey AMV entrants, can you spot your vid? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8awZU7na_xw
Yeah, I found two of mine:
Spoiler :
(14,12) & (13,10)

Also found that BasharoftheAges' is shown twice: (1,3) & (11,2).
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”