Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 pm

What a wonderful first time at Anime Expo. I enjoyed the AMV contest greatly -- congrats to the winners. I loved the best in show winner, as I am a huge portal fanatic. I really enjoyed the Ao no Hana video in Romance, I thought that was really fantastic. And the Evangelion one in Action with the interesting German name made me go home and watch all the evangelion movies. Into the Labrynth was fantastic as usual, and seeing it on the big screen was just an eyegasm. Also really enjoyed all the trailers this year -- especially Hagaran Viper's.

Gotta say though best part of my experience was the AMV Room and the AMV Gameshow. Nothing like wandering in out of curiousity and having them play not one but two of your older videos. And watching people try to answer obscure questions about easter eggs you labored over in them is also fantastic. Vlad has excellent taste XP The fact that I got to ask the people the questions was...well just downright glorious. To be honest though there were questions about moe moe rebellion even I could not answer at first o.o

I also really enjoyed iron editor! The games were really unique and fun. I kept expecting Rah Hey to show up and the typical Do you know your anime game -- but instead lots of fun new games. Watching people try to hit on Mysterious Ryder was also absolutely hilarious. Looking forward to Rider4z's Ducktale video too!

Meeting all you fun west coast editors was such a treat as well. All of you are fantastic and amazing. Can't wait to see you again <3 <3 <3
LC_Lapen wrote: I kinda thought that Comedy was a little lacking, though. Nothing floored me like it had in previous years
I agree with this whole heartedly. Comedy is always my favorite category and it was a little meh this year. Excellent entries but nothing crowd stopping. I felt kind of responsible because I struggled over whether or not to send PonyNote, but I felt like it had overstayed it's convention welcome. It got played in the comedy AMV screening though ^^

Definitely gonna attend again next year. And I won't leave unless I have a chair :rofl:
ImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. I had lots of fun but it was very exhasting too... I almost lost my voice from having to help line control, but seeign the room packed even on Sunday made my day :D

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Post by lolligerjoj » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 am

NoisyNinja wrote:On another note, I completely agree with Castor Troy concerning my video “Testing Is the Future”. I too feel that it should not have won Best of Show. In fact, when I was announced as the winner at the Awards Ceremony, I sank down in my chair because I felt so embarrassed of “stealing” the award from the more professional editors. They probably feel the same way I did when I did not win the AX 2012 Masquerade Best of Show for my Bioshock Big Daddy cosplay, which I spent hundreds of hours constructing. Personally, I wanted “Into the Labyrinth” to win Best of Show. The editor of that video perfectly integrated the twitch effect with the music’s rhythm.
Man, now I want to see your entry even more. You should upload it somewhere, preferrably on the org. :)
But honestly, you don't need to worry about me feeling being robbed of the award. Just imagine how awesome it already is to win the Drama/Horror Category on a contest this big with my very first try of doing an AMV. The best of show award was decided by the audience and rightfully so. I just want to see your video too :3
Image Image
Image Image

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Is the Best of Nonfinalists list going to be posted anywhere? There were a lot of great videos in there I'd like to look up.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Cyrix wrote:Is the Best of Nonfinalists list going to be posted anywhere? There were a lot of great videos in there I'd like to look up.

I think Vlad's going to post all the playlists to the AX forums. However, I happen to have that particular list right with me so I'll save a bit of trouble and post it here and now.

Oh, and before I forget, I apologize in advance to those of you who were slated to be in pre-show but ended up not getting shown. The previous concert was running a little late, so some pre-show blocks unfortunately had to be cut. Most of the vids that got cut ended up being shown in the "Best Of" block though.
Spoiler :
AMV Name - Creator

Aurora - Kenson
f(light)all - Artofeel
Follow the White Rabbit - kireblue
Father's Rise To Power - Nieev
Advent Children set to Faint - Nik
What Are The Odds? - James Blond
This Wasn’t in the Dub - SatoshiSakura
Fugientes Lugo - WolfandAngel
No Silver, No Gold - Emmarie
Apocalypse Virus - Tarage
Are Ya Ready 4 da Ruffneck Bass - Chemix
Heart's Reason - Magicflier
WTF Is This Feeling? - Megane Girl
Baccan007 - Richard Chuc
To Be King - Rider4Z
Baka Will Rock You - Nekokitkat
The Only Exception - kireblue
Takato's Stalker Girl - moezy-chan
I am a Panzer Champion - Romeo Fayloga
The Strike Witches 2.0 - Magicflier
Lionheart - Nekokitkat
Sacrifices - Emmarie
Dust - Dinger
Fatality - pacotacoshell
Eyes - nicki_013
Lucky Punch - Slowbeam-Productions
Save The World - Kazemon15
Catch You Catch Me If You Can - SatoshiSakura
Memories of Mother - Dianna Ramon
Cute and Cuter - NightMistress85
Nausicaa: Warrior Princess - Rider4Z
All Burn Down - Kazemon15
Blackout Shooter - l33tmeatwad
Starlight Wishes for My Jersey Boy - Janika
Les Poissons - hamstar138
Contaminated Protocol - Kat
YOU CAN'T DENY US! - BecauseImBored1
Ghost of a Rose - Sean McPartland
Nuttin' Wrong With Me - Rider4Z
The F-Team - Nils Houghton
Devil's Own - Moonlight Soldier
Rockin' Layer:00 - l33tmeatwad
A Kiss Goodnight - Dragon/Roy
Love Addict - Earl
Nightmare - [madaraxD]
Faster than a Speeding Bullet - Mal
Timeless - Hylia
Pseudo-Love… kNOT! - Kat
Once Upon a Time on Gunsmoke - Machina21
Rideback Girl - Advent87
Rain Force - ChosenExiled
Mater - Tear
Ishvalan Eviction Notice - Hagaren Viper
Don't Lick The Icing - drewaconclusion
Screamin' And Sinkin' And Blood - Node
Original Prankster - Taka
Utopia Online - milkmandan & chuser
T.F.F. - Hlebalolomator
Nothing on TV Anyway - Bm-Atticus
At The End - Dilemma
39 Degrees Fahrenheit - LC_Lapen
Lead me to Happiness - Diggy Stock
Illusions - Xify
Out of Darkness - SVProductions
Orgasmic Moonfall - MycathatesyouAMV
Last edited by XStylus on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

"Whatcha thinking about, Mitch?"
I dunno, AMV stuff, I guess?

You're welcome people :awesome:

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Niotex wrote: "Whatcha thinking about, Mitch?"
I dunno, AMV stuff, I guess?

You're welcome people :awesome:
Ya' earned that crew badge many times over during the week, Mitch. You've got a spot on the AMV team anytime. Thanks for all your awesomeness.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 pm

freakin adorable <3

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 pm

haha, when was that?

NoisyNinja
Org Profile

Post by NoisyNinja » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Tsu! wrote:Personally, I think your video absolutely deserved to win and not just because it was so much fun. "Testing is the Future" had tons of skill go into it, especially for a first-time AMV (I was stunned by that) and ultimately was not only the preference of the audience but also the creators. If your fellow editors think you deserve it, then I tend to believe you deserve it!
Thank you Tsu! That means a lot. I know I told you this in person, but I loved "50 Ways for your Partner to Die". My favorite scene was when Ashley got run over by the wagon and then later carried off by Los Iluminados while Leon just stood by and watched. In my opinion, it was the funniest video in the Fun/Humor category.
lolligerjoj wrote:Man, now I want to see your entry even more. You should upload it somewhere, preferrably on the org. :)
But honestly, you don't need to worry about me feeling being robbed of the award. Just imagine how awesome it already is to win the Drama/Horror Category on a contest this big with my very first try of doing an AMV. The best of show award was decided by the audience and rightfully so. I just want to see your video too :3
I'm glad to hear that from you. Now I don't feel bad about winning. :sweat:
As for uploading my video on the org, I'll get around to doing that sometime in the next few days. Fair warning though: My video loses some of it's charm when viewed by individuals. Audience participation is part of what makes it appealing.
Last edited by NoisyNinja on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Contests”