Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 am

well holy hell, Maborosi... I STILL watch your Nausicaa video from years ago
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:13 am

Horror explains what I had to go through to judge this year. :uhoh: :x :cry:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:02 am

Castor Troy wrote:Horror explains what I had to go through to judge this year. :uhoh: :x :cry:
But you'll be back. They aaaaaalways come back. :amv: :amv: :amv:

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:since judging an AMV is all solely based on personal opinion of the AMV itself...
I would disagree but that's a whole other discussion I've already gone over in other threads :P
I remember a few years ago I had a drawn-out argument with you where I was defending the merits of SUPER for ripping DVDs to DV-AVI and saying AviSynth was unnecessarily complicated... :oops: Well, long story short, I use AviSynth now. You were definitely right about that. :beer: Now I just need a few more terabytes of hard drive so I can store lossless 1080p episodes instead of frameserving 10-bit x264 into Premiere Pro CS6 using 64-bit AviSynth and FFVideoSource... you'd probably have a heart attack if you saw my setup :sweat: (I think about half of my research into getting 64-bit AviSynth to stream 10-bit video lead me to posts of you advising people not to use 64-bit AviSynth)

(The 10-bit source is just for one video, anyway :P )

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:26 pm

xstylus wrote:"Theatric" (not Theatrical -- my bad) is basically a fancy way of saying... ...er, "Drama."
Theatric rings a different bell in my head as compared to Horror. Can we expect this to persist to next year for categorization? I'd love to see the Drama/Theatric/Horror category. :)
Image Image

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 am

On Sunday (the final day of con) there is a 3hr block in the AMV room where we'll be showing the "Best of the Non-Finalists".

Obviously, since it's only a 3hr block and we certainly have more than 3hrs of great videos, we'll have to make some tough choices on what we'll be playing. However, we will give extra preference to locals and entrants who will be attending AX.

If you've entered the competition, reside out-of-state, and are attending AX, please let us know immediately, and we'll do our best to fit at least one of your entries in.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 am

^that's cool.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm

One of my friends is coming from Ohio, but she has to leave on Saturday, so I'm not sure if Sunday would help.... :uhoh:

But I might go there just to watch them, my friend, ChosenExiled too.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Also, before I forget to mention, I want to make sure this is clear regarding the AMV Room so that there's no surprises:

The AMV room is a 300-seat room at a 50,000 person convention. Do the math. For certain high-interest activities in that room, people will need to line up in advance to get in. Also, room camping won't be an option because the uppers have instructed us to clear the room between activities (we'll be "flexible" on how we apply that, but if there's a big line waiting to get in to the next activity, we'll have to). So, those of you who were planning to spend a large chunk of their time in the room, please keep this in mind.

Next year we'll try to wrestle for a larger room so that room-clearing isn't as necessary, but the LACC only has so much space and AX is using it *all*. The powers that be went to great efforts to shift things around to provide what we have, and small though it is, we're delighted and gratified to have it. :)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:55 am

When are we gonna back to renting entire floors of hotels to use for viewing areas? You know, there's this pretty nice looking hotel right next to Nokia...

Return to “AMV Contests”