Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Congrats to all the winners and the finalists as well... We had a really solid contest this year and I am very grateful to be part of it. I think everyone who participated should give themselves a pat on the back. I've been relatively vocal about AX in the past but I'm very proud and impressed with how things have improved these past few years. I think Troy deserves a big thanks. The man is a machine.

Congrats again everyone.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Congrats to all the winners!

Dvl-Jigen
Org Profile

Post by Dvl-Jigen » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Congrats to the winners and to those that made it to the finals.
I also wanted to say thanks to the coordinators for putting on an AWESOME contest this year.
Retired AMV editor/NOT retired AMV Coordinator

Anime California 2015, 2016, 2018 AMV/CMV Coordinator
Hanadoki Con 2016, 2017 AMV Coordinator
Anime Conji 2018 AMV Coordinator
Hentai Con 2018 Assistant HMV Coordinator

Digital Video Lazyness. Yeah, that sounds about right

It's D.V.L Not Devil -__-

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Pwolf wrote:Congrats to all the winners and the finalists as well... We had a really solid contest this year and I am very grateful to be part of it. I think everyone who participated should give themselves a pat on the back. I've been relatively vocal about AX in the past but I'm very proud and impressed with how things have improved these past few years. I think Troy deserves a big thanks. The man is a machine.
Congrats again everyone.
Agreed. Even after the contest, I had a few friends tell me how much more 'professional' the show had gotten. A great show indeed.

I think Vlad and the entire AMV room staff deserve a big thanks as well. Finally, a room I can call my home base. Great work you guys.
Image Image

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:15 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Winners (with links):

Best Parody/Trailer & Best in Show
"Testing is the Future"

Best Fun/Humor
"50 ways for your partner to die"
"Testing is the Future" is by "Mad Rush Studios", AKA NoisyNinjas. I chatted with him and he tells me it was his first AMV. For a first AMV he had incredible attention to quality. His was one of the few mailed submissions, sent in 1080p lagarith, and it was pristine.

"50 Ways for your Partner to Die" seems to be by another new face to the scene, who goes by the short name of "Tsu".

Hopefully we'll see both of them around the community a bit. :)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:38 pm

xstylus wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Winners (with links):

Best Parody/Trailer & Best in Show
"Testing is the Future"

Best Fun/Humor
"50 ways for your partner to die"
"Testing is the Future" is by "Mad Rush Studios", AKA NoisyNinjas. I chatted with him and he tells me it was his first AMV. For a first AMV he had incredible attention to quality. His was one of the few mailed submissions, sent in 1080p lagarith, and it was pristine.

"50 Ways for your Partner to Die" seems to be by another new face to the scene, who goes by the short name of "Tsu".

Hopefully we'll see both of them around the community a bit. :)
and today Troy learned a valuable lesson ... NEVER, EVER, DOUBT THE WISDOM OF THE JUDGE! :awesome:

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Pwolf wrote:I've been relatively vocal about AX in the past but I'm very proud and impressed with how things have improved these past few years. I think Troy deserves a big thanks. The man is a machine.
That means a lot. It really, really does. This was such a hard fought year... If I weren't so indescribably tired and numb from lack of sleep I'd probably have tears in my eyes, seriously.

I'm relieved that the only hiccup that became visible to the audience was my laptop's power outage from forgetting to plug the power adapter in, though the timing was perfect. "Darkness is coming..." [BZZT!] Though I'll probably commit ritual suicide if it ever happens again.

JudgeHolden wrote:and today Troy learned a valuable lesson ... NEVER, EVER, DOUBT THE WISDOM OF THE JUDGE! :awesome:
Actually my lesson is that the coordinator's curse is real, and I should never gamble. [grumble]
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 am

xstylus wrote:I'm relieved that the only hiccup that became visible to the audience was my laptop's power outage from forgetting to plug the power adapter in, though the timing was perfect. "Darkness is coming..."
If it was going to happen (and it did), it definitely happened at the perfect moment.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 am

Congratulations to the winners! Glad to hear everything went well. I know it's a super stressful situation for the staff, but it's rewarding when all's said and done! I'll work on getting my entry up on the org soon.

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:17 am

Congrats to all the winners! It was a great show.

I guess I feel sort of weird about parody being eligible for best in show in an AMV contest (I think I asked about that earlier but don't remember if I got a response) but if the audience voted for it that's probably more important. "Testing is the Future" was fantastic, anyway.

Hopefully the awards show isn't so early next year!

Also, when are we going to have a separate 18+ AMV contest? :awesome:

Now that I think about it, I was advised "semen" was an explicit word but there was a video about sperm

Return to “AMV Contests”