Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Re: Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Post by hamstar138 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 am

congrats to all the winners! :3 It was fun to be apart of this!
ImageImage
ImageImage

xell458
Org Profile

Post by xell458 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:52 am

nice comment Yue^^
its a good thing to know what can be done better with such comments :)
that ic was funny i would join next round anytime^^
congratz to the winners^^

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 am

Woah, I didn't expect first place o___o I thought javy would take it. But that's awesome! and congrats to everyone, this was a really really fun contest. :up: :bzz: :bzz2:

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

Chiiisus wrote: A well deserved win for Paco!
I really loved Animated's video too. :3
Totally agree.
And congrats to all, participants and cdvv's staff! Here's some pizza to celebrating :pizza:
Hope there will be more editions of this, I had fun and I'd like to join again :up:
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 am

Great job everyone! Congratulations to the winners, and a big thanks to the CDVV staff for hosting this. It was a lot of fun! :)

Definitely agree with your comments Oto. Thanks for the feedback! Congrats to Javy in our group, a very nicely done video! Actually, I liked pretty much all the videos in our group. Now I need to watch more from the rest! :up:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for the 3rd place, judges! :3 This Iron Chef was a total success, organised real fast without any problem. And once again, congratulations to everyone that sent a video! (now did I realise what editors are capable of, given so little time... some entries really, really surprised me)

Now, heading straight to the real Project Editor contest! :nose:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

I though I ranked right about where I expected to. Thanks for the comments ZS, that's pretty much what I was going for and I'm glad the concept made it through the editing. I wish I had more time to work on the timed star twinkles and really mask hem out via AE, but I could hardly keep it open long enough to get anything done which is why I went with some garbage mattes in premier. It was a fun challenge in the end trying to edit something that complex on my poor laptop that I really only bought for word processing. I do have another idea for this song that I may work on in the future.

I'm always a supporter of IC competitions and really I like how this one played out. Thanks for hosting y'all. Looking forward to more. Perhaps we can get other studios to jump in and host next time.
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am

We're actually considering doing "guest judges" from other studios for the next one. VNS, RDS, who knows? Who would be on board for that?

And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am

Otohiko wrote:
SeNniN wrote:don't quite agree with some of the scores given, but I respect his decision. Congrats to everyone that won!
Remember that scores are relative - i.e. each judge probably has slightly different definitions of what a 7 or a 10 in any given category is. I know my definitions are a little different from other judges.
Given that, I was kinda surprised there was even a top 3 - these were, essentially a bunch of separate contests happening under the same rule set at the same time, not one.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

Radical_Yue wrote:We're actually considering doing "guest judges" from other studios for the next one. VNS, RDS, who knows? Who would be on board for that?

And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?
I'm not in another studio but I'd be on board :P if you'll have me that is. As for a 2nd round, Yes please :ying:

Return to “AMV Contests”