Sabakucon AMV Contest (UPDATED WITH RESULTS!)

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby Radical_Yue » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

lillovedoctor wrote:ive never entered a contest for a con before so sorry if this is a stupid question lol but do you want our real names or for example a youtube user name


I imagine real name would be best for mailing purposes but it doesn't hurt to throw your user name in there like this: Younique Bales (Radical_Yue)
ImageImage
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby Iren S.S. » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

Good day! I have a little problem. :?

I've tryed to send my submittions several times, but each time I send you a letter I get a message, which says "amv@sabakucon.com all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses".
Could you please provide me other e-mail? Or may I submit my vids by PM?
Image
User avatar
Iren S.S.
Guns N' Vincents
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Location: Armenia
Status: Vinnie Vidi Vici and Me

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby gotegenks » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Iren S.S. wrote:Good day! I have a little problem. :?

I've tryed to send my submittions several times, but each time I send you a letter I get a message, which says "amv@sabakucon.com all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses".
Could you please provide me other e-mail? Or may I submit my vids by PM?

the e-mails screwed up for some reason...i'm going to switch back to using my personal one

i've been recieving emails fine i just can't reply, but just in case send yours again to christian_ag93@hotmail.com
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby Iren S.S. » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 am

gotegenks wrote:
Iren S.S. wrote:Good day! I have a little problem. :?

I've tryed to send my submittions several times, but each time I send you a letter I get a message, which says "amv@sabakucon.com all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses".
Could you please provide me other e-mail? Or may I submit my vids by PM?

the e-mails screwed up for some reason...i'm going to switch back to using my personal one

i've been recieving emails fine i just can't reply, but just in case send yours again to christian_ag93@hotmail.com


Thank you! The letter is sent :wink:
Image
User avatar
Iren S.S.
Guns N' Vincents
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Location: Armenia
Status: Vinnie Vidi Vici and Me

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby gotegenks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Iren S.S. wrote:
gotegenks wrote:
Iren S.S. wrote:Good day! I have a little problem. :?

I've tryed to send my submittions several times, but each time I send you a letter I get a message, which says "amv@sabakucon.com all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses".
Could you please provide me other e-mail? Or may I submit my vids by PM?

the e-mails screwed up for some reason...i'm going to switch back to using my personal one

i've been recieving emails fine i just can't reply, but just in case send yours again to christian_ag93@hotmail.com


Thank you! The letter is sent :wink:

sweet thanks!
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby ranmaman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 pm

so with the "offbeat" category - would that include "Trailers" by any chance?

and 2nd question.. i know its not anime so the 70% would obviously be 0% but some cons seems to accept it so i may as well ask - any possibility you'd accept any MLP videos? - even if its a no - i've got quite a few i can look over to send a couple along - i do love to try to enter a con that accepts all years just to possibly get a couple older videos more well known... even if their not exactly that great...

anyways i wouldn't be able to make it to the con but look forward to entering and seeing the Finalists :)
User avatar
ranmaman
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Location: Canada

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Sent a few entries your way. Let me know if you don't get my email :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
SammySamaProductions
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2010

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm

We ready now?
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby gotegenks » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 pm

ranmaman wrote:so with the "offbeat" category - would that include "Trailers" by any chance?

and 2nd question.. i know its not anime so the 70% would obviously be 0% but some cons seems to accept it so i may as well ask - any possibility you'd accept any MLP videos? - even if its a no - i've got quite a few i can look over to send a couple along - i do love to try to enter a con that accepts all years just to possibly get a couple older videos more well known... even if their not exactly that great...

anyways i wouldn't be able to make it to the con but look forward to entering and seeing the Finalists :)

thanks for your interest in the con! I will probably be sorting trailers into categories that best fit their themes. If it's a romantic trailer then it'll go into romance, action trailer goes into action, etc. Of course if it doesn't really fit into a category or if it is...idk...offbeat i guess, then offbeat would be the category for it to go into. if you're not quite sure what category to enter your video into, it's okay to just put "idk" or something to that extent, and i'll categorize it myself (i've basically been categorizing everything myself, anyway, so it's no big deal at this point)

this year...i'm not, although if the editing/amv department becomes a hit and i can get more leverage then i may try to do a Non-anime video exhibition next year, or maybe even a contest (though probably an exhibition type deal to start) because i am a huge fan of live action music videos, and i'm sad not to be able to show any, haha. but at this time, no, no mlp or non-anime (as defined by the org)

SammySamaProductions wrote:Sent a few entries your way. Let me know if you don't get my email :)

i got it, thank you! :D

TritioAFB wrote:We ready now?

... yes? :uhoh:
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Possibility that I sent my entry 2x bc my internet is acting weird.
User avatar
BecauseImBored1
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2012

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Sent in some stuff. I'm helping!
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby gotegenks » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm

BecauseImBored1 wrote:Possibility that I sent my entry 2x bc my internet is acting weird.

yeah, doesn't hurt though! :D

pacotacoshell wrote:Sent in some stuff. I'm helping!

-salute-
Image
User avatar
gotegenks
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: charlesgood, california

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby xDieguitoAMV » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:26 pm

i sent two entrys to christian_ag93@hotmail.com

let me know if you recived it :D
Image
User avatar
xDieguitoAMV
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Location: Argentina

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby ranmaman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 am

OMG!!!! i almost completely forgot about coming back her eto check on a reply.. i will try to send a few off right away!!
User avatar
ranmaman
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Location: Canada

Re: Sabakucon AMV Contest (Deadline: Mar. 8)

Postby Zanzaben » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Any idea on when finalist will be announced?
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1
User avatar
Zanzaben
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Status: awesome

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron