Hey all you cats and dogs! Its that time again, getting prepared for the AMV contest this year. Hope to see what you guys are made of, and what you can make!
AMV Contest Guidelines
ANIME MUSIC VIDEO CONTEST
AMV Contest Guidelines
1. Videos will be separated into the following categories:
a) Be sure to inform us which category you would like your video entered.
b) Keep in mind that the judges will ultimately decide which category your video best fits.
c) A best in each category as well as a runner up will be decided by the judges, followed by an audience choice award to be voted upon by the audience.
2. Only a maximum of two videos will be allowed per contestant. Each of your videos must be in separate categories and only one video
may win an award.
3. Videos may not have subtitles from fansubs or television or commercial logos unless they are intentional.
4. Though non anime footage is allowed, more than half of your video content must contain anime or japanese video game footage.
5. Your video can be no longer than 6 minutes. Please add 4 seconds of black screen before and after the video.
6. Your entry must be consistent with a G to a PG-13 rating. No nudity or foul language. For more information, refer to the following link.http://www.mpaa.org/ratings/what-each-rating-means
7. Please remove all credits from the video.
8. Though any non-hentai anime is allowed, you are strongly encouraged to submit an AMV based off of a non-mainstream anime. Mainstream anime examples include: Naruto, Inuyasha, FF Advent Children, etc. If we receive too many entries
based off of the the same anime, we may have to filter a few of them out.
9. Convention staff reserves the right to disqualify/remove submissions from the contest for any reason.
In addition to artistic skill, videos will also be judged on video and audio quality. Clarity of audio and HD formatted video sources are considered during the judging process.
IMPORTANT: FILE SIZE MUST BE LESS THAN 100 MB
1. File type requirements: Avi (Uncompressed), mpeg2, mp4, wmv
2. Frame Rate/Pixel Sizes/Screen Sizes: Please keep framerate at 29.97 frames per second or less. Most pixel sizes and picture formats accepted as long as it is of good quality.
3. Audio: Preferably uncompressed, but not required. Preferably 224 kpbs or higher.
Submitting your AMV
1. Whether you are mailing a disc or submitting via email, be sure to include a text file with the following info:
Title of Video
Anime or Video Game footage used
Song Title and Artist
2. Files may be submitted via email or as links to file sharing sites. But not media sites ex. youtube.
3. EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO BE SENT TO: email@example.com
4. Mailing your AMV:
If you intend to mail your AMV, burn it onto a CD or DVD with the text file as described above to the following address:
ATTN: AMV Contest
6282 E. 26th St
Tucson, AZ 85711
WARNING! We will not be able to return CD's or DVD's so be sure that you do not accidentally send us your master copy!
5. All videos must be received by March 9th, 2013.
1. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org