AMV Contest Rules for Anime Conji 2013

WINNERS!!!!

Best Drama - Ghost of a Rose by tipsd9videos

Best Action - Rise Up by Pikapwn

Best Comedy - Nothing on TV Anyway by Cumberpunch Studios

Best Upbeat - Till Then by GuntherAMVs

Judges' Choice - Evangelion 0.01 - Shinji is (Not) the Boss by l33tmeatwad

Best in Show - Nothing on TV Anyway by Cumberpunch Studios

The contest played on time and without a hitch, and we got to play the winners during the Masquerade half-time show. And the best part was our Best of Show winner was present to receive her awards:
Completely surprised her, too XD. we heard the shriek from the other side of the 2100 person sized room behind the screens when her video came up. :awesome:

OH wait.... i'm missing something.... Oh right, I mentioned a custom award representing Coordinator's Choice (MY favorite, in other words.... ;) ) here ya go!

Coordinator's Choice - Till Then by GuntherAMVs
Yes, I am the artist. The painting is roughly 9"x6", i'm too tired to try measuring it right now

Congratulations to all the winners! Unfortunately, we have no swag :( but we will be mailing out your awards asap.

Finalists
Spoiler :
We are pleased to announce the finalists for Anime Conji 2013! |:> in no particular order:

DRAMA
7 Days - by drewaconclusion
Illusion - by Kimberly
Tell Me A Journey - by ProjectBarcodeError
Ghost of a Rose - by tipsd9video
Hall of Fame - by Drabaz
Skull and CrossShield - by Yumfoo
Rideback Girl - by Jump Cut Productions
Tough Love - by l33tmeatwad

ACTION
Bankrupt! - by ProjectBarcodeError
Shoot Me! - by BecauseImBored1
Running on the Ragged Edge 2 - by macchinainterna
But Tonight - by Leland Lacey
Overcoming Me - by Hagaren Viper
Rise Up - by Pikapwn
Turning the Tables - by Bryan Ngo
Blackout Shooter - by l33tmeatwad

COMEDY
Evangelion 0.01 - Shinji is (Not) the Boss - by l33tmeatwad
Nothing on TV Anyway - by Cumberpunch Studio
This Wasn't in the Dub - by SatoshiSakura
Ai <3 Mentos - by GloryQuestor
Rated M for MMMMM - by ProjectBarcodeError
Zombie Baby - by Zanzaben
Dinosaurs and Lollipops - by Kireblue

UPBEAT
I Choose Hippopotas - by Kireblue
BFB - by Jump Cut Productions
Rock What You Got - by JudgeHolden
Till Then - by GuntherAMVs
15 Minute Phone Call - by Leland Lacey

Congratulations to all who made it! The number of finalists per category were determined by score, allotted time, and the total amount entered in each.

For those who did not make finals but still plan on attending - there is a preshow planned, so your entry is still likely to be shown on screen :) :up:
Rules:
Spoiler :
The 2013 AMV Contest is open to creators of all ages and skill level within the USA and Canada. Video Submission Deadline is February 22 March 1st, 2013 11:59 PST.

Categories:
Action
Drama
Comedy
Upbeat

Contestants may enter more than one AMV, but contestants may submit only one entry per category. TRAILERS and PARODIES are permitted. We reserve the right to move your entry to another category if we feel it’s better suited elsewhere.

Video Length:
Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds playback time and up to a maximum of 6 minutes playback time. Any videos not meeting the playback time requirement will be disqualified.

Video Resolutions:
Videos must be a minimum of 640x480. Higher resolutions are acceptable but will be shrunk down to standard definition, and ONLY if they are compressed. We will not download anything larger than 300mb. The final show will be played back at a 720x480[16:9] resolution/ratio.

Format:
Acceptable containers include the common standards of:
MPEG2
AVI
MP4
All files will be transcoded for DVD playback. If you send in any different formats you run the risk of them not converting correctly. We will try to work with you if you have questions or concerns about file types.

Disqualifications:
Your video(s) must meet the following criteria:
1) Good quality. Videos found to be poorly encoded as to have many artifacts or red-lining audio may lead to disqualification.
2) Keep it PG-13. Poor taste, excessive violence, sexual content or innuendo, and/or strong language are not permitted.
3) No subtitles (except within context). As well, videos should not contain industry credits if opening/ending footage is used.
4) Must contain at least 51% anime, or Japanese video game footage. Anime style series’ or video games (such as Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) are permitted at the discretion of the judges.
5) No bumpers, credits, watermarks or title screens. All videos will be given uniform identifying slides.
6) Any trailers entered MUST NOT contain proper titles or authorities in their opening green screen. If the MPAA did not view your trailer, then you may NOT use their name. Parody versions with mock companies are permitted.

Judging:
All entrants will be prescreened blindly and judged prior to the convention. Audience members will be given a voting ballot for the contest and choose their favorite video for each category. At the end of the show, audience members will be asked to select one video out of the entire show to be voted as Best in Show. Winners will be announced later during the convention at a to-be-determined time and place.

Winners:
Awards/Prizes (TBD) will be given to each Best of Category, Judges’ Favorite, and Best of Show.

Submitting videos:
All videos will only be accepted online (no snail mail.) We are working to produce an FTP for you to upload thusly, in the meantime please use public sharing sites such as mediafire, sendspace, etc. No streaming sites (such as youtube) will be accepted. Links from a-m-v.org are acceptable as long as there are no bumpers. Email download links and the below information to AnimeConjiAMV2013@yahoo.com

The following information should be emailed AS A TXT. FILE with all submissions:

Your First & Last Name:
Pseudonym/Studio:
Title of video:
Artist(s): (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the artists you used in the AMV)
Song(s) : (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the songs you used in the AMV)
Anime(s): (if multiple anime is used, list ALL the anime you used in the AMV)
Email address:
Mailing address:
Video Category:
Will you be attending Anime Conji?: Yes/No

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to submit your AMV way before the due date, ESPECIALLY if your AMV content or format is questionable. Creators whose videos meet one of the disqualification criteria will be notified and updated. Videos may be resubmitted for consideration. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to respond and read your e-mails frequently during the contest submission period for updates, information and confirmations.

DISCLAIMER:
Contestants waive all rights to any fees, copyrights, royalties, or any forms of compensation for the use of their name, likeness and videos in publicity, marketing, and public viewing by Anime Conji.

If you have any questions about the contest or submitting your video, please contact us at AnimeConjiAMV2013@yahoo.com

Good luck!
~Rider4Z – Anime Conji AMV Events Coordinator
Victoria Galietta
~Stryyder
John Galietta III – Anime Conji AMV Events Assistant Coordinator
Last edited by Rider4Z on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 20 times in total.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Re: Anime Conji 2013 - Deadline February 22nd

Post by macchinainterna » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Sounds fun. Entered! :ying:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Woah now, you're coming down here to run the contest? Nice! Hope that means that more people will send entries since it was kinda lucky to have three categories last year.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

macchinainterna wrote:Sounds fun. Entered! :ying:
thanks!
Hagaren Viper wrote:Woah now, you're coming down here to run the contest? Nice! Hope that means that more people will send entries since it was kinda lucky to have three categories last year.
by all means, spread the word. let's give this contest a much needed jump start :bzz2:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am

Been meaning to enter this for a long time, but my absolute final amv contest will be Anime LA.

Good luck to all the contestants!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Post by tipsd9video » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 am

Can I enter even if I'm not attending the convention? I'm not sure if I'm going yet.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 am

yes, you may :)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Anime Conji 2013 - Deadline February 22nd

Post by ngsilver » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 am

I have a video I'd like to submit. However the length of said video is 6:22 which is over the max. I ask first before submitting. If no exception is allowed that's cool just wanted to check.
ImageImageImageImage

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 am

Is a 23.976 frame-rate fine? ... cuz that's all I output in nowadays. :ying:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

yeah, that's fine. :up: