Connichi 2003 AMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Giton
Org Profile

Post by Giton » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:59 pm

Schön, dass sich mal wer vom Orga-team meldet, hatte schon befürchtet ich müsste hier alles alleine in die Hand nehmen ;)
Hoffe meine vorläufige Übersetzung der Regeln passt in etwa...
Konnte leider keinen beim Animexx erreichen und bekam erst gestern ne Rückmeldung von David.
Hoffe man sieht sich auf der Con :D

For English readers:

MAGI2 is one of the organizers, I am not!

Listen to him,
obey him,
kneel before him! :P

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:25 am

I'd love to go to a non-North American con, but unless I get approved for an overseas exchange program starting in October (which would possibly mean apartment hunting in September), I doubt that I can make it =(

And being able to enter in NTSC...makes my life a whole lot easier. Thanks for the updates, Giton.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:55 pm

I plan on entering in a nice 450 meg version of "War".

Hope y'all like it :wink:

JokerOne
Org Profile

Post by JokerOne » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:27 pm

argh why do you have to told it all the good Americans??

how am I to there now win??

*argh*

But I never give it up *hrhr*

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:16 pm

Joker: I'm sending my vids in as non-competing, so you've nothing to fear there. Besides, anyone who's read my journal knows how low I think of my stuff anyhow. Either way, that's two (one if my trailer doesn't fly) chances in your favor.

Viele Glück!
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Giton
Org Profile

Post by Giton » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:28 am

Hi, Joker!

Did you ever read the contest rules???
There are seperated contests for Germans and Non-Germans!
The orgas will check how many Non-German will take part and then change the rules so thats there only common contest next year (2004).

You'd better fear the German competitors :)

And by the way: The whole contest is more about meeting each other and exchanging ideas, not about winning :roll:

Viel Spass!

JokerOne
Org Profile

Post by JokerOne » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:52 pm

*argh*

and I thought this is a "only for germans" contest...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:04 pm

Contests in the U.S. are open to people of all nations. Why shouldn't contests in other nations be open to Americans?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

JokerOne
Org Profile

Post by JokerOne » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:45 pm

yeah... you're right but I can't win now 'cause the Americans ^^°°

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:21 pm

Rozard: The American con scene is more open because of prevalence. Just from what I've seen (Europeans please correct me if I'm wrong), the European con scene is WAY smaller than the US one, with most events down to nothing more than a video room, cosplay show, and DDR tournament. Having an AMV contest is a major draw, and it would be in the interest of any small event to try and keep the proper contest local - you can get from one end of Germany to the other in about 8-10 hours on the ICE (express) trains, so getting there is a possibility, and having their video seriously competing is a good way to get them to come.

Personally, I think it's cool that they're doing a special contest for people who are pretty much GUARANTEED not to show up. If I was studying and travelling THIS summer, you bet I'd stick around the extra few days for the con, but am I going to drop $1K+ and deal with airport security for a con? As cool as Connichi's reputation is, not really.

Remember, the contest is part of the CONVENTION, and its attendees (non-Americans) should be catered to first.

Joker: Seperate contests this year, where's the problem? Besides, there's no reason why you guys can't do better than we do. You can always take a page out of the VicBond007 Manual of Videos and figure out the lowest common denominator of your audience (what show have they all seen on RTL2, what music have they all heard on VIVA) and work accordingly =) Good luck to you, my job is to keep my trailer in the screening list despite an extremely un-PC line.
--Bill Hicks

Return to “AMV Contests”