We are now accepting entries for our AMV Contest!
Deadline: 10th August 2012
AMV Contest Rules
- Entries must be more than 30 seconds.There is no length limit for entries. Keep in mind that we do check entries for quality.
- Up to 2 entries per team/person. Please fill up one submission form per entries.
- By submitting your video(s), you agree to let us play, copy, and use it to promote the event. If we decide to use your submission after the event is over, we'll ask for your permission first.
- Most of your video must be anime/video game footage. There is no arbitrary magic number for the type of footage used. Use your best judgement.
- Most of your audio must be music. There is no arbitrary magic number for the amount of music. Some narration/dialog is fine. Use your best judgement.
- NSFW content should be limited. The screening is open to the general public. Entries with excessive offensive language, nudity, and/or violence might not be accepted. We accept entries with some NSFW content, but keep it reasonable. Use your best judgement.
- If your entries has won 1st place/Best in Show at any other conventions before 10th August, it will not be accepted. This is to give everybody a fair chance. This rule only applies to those who won 1st place/Best in Show. 2nd+/runner-up is fine.
Breaking any of these would likely disqualify your entry.
- Don't use content from streaming sites like Youtube/Crunchyroll/etc..
- No subtitles, watermark or logos on the entry that was not added by you. Broadcast watermarks are fine.
- Use the correct aspect ratio.
- No interlaced footage in the entry. Progressive please.
Accepted File Formats and Codecs
You'll have a chance to resubmit if it's not in an accepted format. Quality is not guaranteed if we fix it for you. Please avoid 10bit entries for now.
- H.264/AVC (.mp4 container)
- MPEG2 (.mpg container)
- PCM/WAV (Uncompressed, 48khz preferred. 44khz otherwise)
- Either 23.976fps (24fps) or 29.97fps (30fps)
The equipment hasn't been finalized yet. It is difficult to know what the playback resolution will be. More details will be made available in the following weeks.
Submission are judged by the audience during screening. You do not have to be present to win. We will ship awards to those in Canada who are unable to arrange for a pickup. Shipping arrangements will have to be made with the contest coordinator regarding international entries before August 10th.
- Audience Favourite (3 positions)
- Staff Favourite (3 positions)
- Best Concept/Most Innovative (1 position)
- Genres and other awards to be announced at the screening.
We'll only be receiving submissions online.
For convenience, we'll be using dropbox for receiving submissions. Visit this page for more information on using dropbox public links: Dropbox public links
If you prefer to upload submissions via FTP, contact us and we'll set up an account for you.
Use one of the submission forms here:
AMV Submission Form (dropbox)
AMV Submission Form (FTP)
Participants will be notified of their contest status before August 10th. Accepted participants will receive up to 2 free day passes to the convention.
Please direct any questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message below.