A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby rubyeye » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:18 pm

STANDARD AMV Winners

Best of Show
Title: Lusilos
Anime: Various
Song: Humanity (Mix)
Editor: Xuerion
Link: N/A


Runner-Up
Title: Abduction
Anime: Denpa Onna Seishun Otoko
Song: Tommy's Theme
Editor: pacotacoshell
Link: http://www.youtube.com/pacotacoshell


Fan Favorite
Title: I'll make a man out of you!
Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Song: I'll Make a Man Out of You
Editor: LilVamp25
Link: N/A


Non-AMV Fan Favorite (MiniVENT)
Title: Halo VGAMV
Anime: various
Song: Kill Everybody
Editor: Ruki Phetsamone
Link: N/A

________________________________________


MASTERS AMV Winners

Best of Show
Title: A Brainless Video
Anime: Highschool of the Dead
Song: What The **** Was That?
Editor: drewaconclusion
Link: N/A


Runner-Up
Title: Taking The Moment
Anime: Various
Song: Take A Moment (Ft. Winter Kills)
Editor: xDreww
Link:


Fan Favorite
Title: Once Upon a Time in Russia
Anime: Various
Song: Rasputin
Editor: Vlad
Link: N/A


Non-AMV Fan Favorite (MiniVENT)
Title: First Contact
Anime: Original Animation
Song: First Contact
Editor: octopus1138
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixbtnq2MzzQ


________________________________________

Congratulations to all the winners, you earned it. But also apologies for all our technical issues with the new media player dying on us, and having to switch back and forth between the computer. We'll do better next time. Also, my sincerest apologies for us being forced to cut the Standard AMV contest short - due to time. Unfortunately, a few videos did not get shown and the video staff regrets having to cut the event short.
Image
User avatar
rubyeye
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2001
Location: Denton, TX

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Congrats to all the winners!

Is there a list of entries that were played?
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby MisterFurious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:51 pm

rubyeye wrote:STANDARD AMV Winners

Fan Favorite
Title: I'll make a man out of you!
Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Song: I'll Make a Man Out of You
Editor: LilVamp25
Link: N/A


Uhm, hasn't this video been done already?
User avatar
MisterFurious
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2001
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:57 pm

congrats to the winners!


MisterFurious wrote:
rubyeye wrote:STANDARD AMV Winners

Fan Favorite
Title: I'll make a man out of you!
Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Song: I'll Make a Man Out of You
Editor: LilVamp25
Link: N/A


Uhm, hasn't this video been done already?

By nighthawk. Quite well in fact - its been a con favorite around this neck of the woods for sing-a-longs and the like.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby MisterFurious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:Uhm, hasn't this video been done already?

By nighthawk. Quite well in fact - its been a con favorite around this neck of the woods for sing-a-longs and the like.


Yup. I'd be interested in a side-by-side comparison...
User avatar
MisterFurious
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2001
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby Ileia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:13 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:Uhm, hasn't this video been done already?

By nighthawk. Quite well in fact - its been a con favorite around this neck of the woods for sing-a-longs and the like.


Yup. I'd be interested in a side-by-side comparison...



LilVamp25's video: http://youtu.be/96Lvjgt1MoI

Nighthawk's video: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=158077
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby MisterFurious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:18 pm



LOVE the instant gratification of the internets!

Videos are sufficiently different, plus LilVamp does say on the YouTube page, "I know there are other versions of this but I wanted to make mine own!"

Thanks!
User avatar
MisterFurious
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2001
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:20 pm

rubyeye wrote:Fan Favorite
Title: Once Upon a Time in Russia
Anime: Various
Song: Rasputin
Editor: Vlad
Link: N/A
.


Cool.. I got followers :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby MisterFurious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Cool.. I got followers :P

Vlad


You don't have followers. You have MINIONS!
User avatar
MisterFurious
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2001
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

MisterFurious wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Cool.. I got followers :P

Vlad


You don't have followers. You have MINIONS!


auuu... right.. even better when we take over the world :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby drewaconclusion » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:11 pm

rubyeye wrote:MASTERS AMV Winners

Best of Show
Title: A Brainless Video
Anime: Highschool of the Dead
Song: What The **** Was That?
Editor: drewaconclusion
Link: N/A


Runner-Up
Title: Taking The Moment
Anime: Various
Song: Take A Moment (Ft. Winter Kills)
Editor: xDreww
Link:


It's Double Drew Domination!


Sorry, couldn't resist saying something so cheesy.
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:It's Double Drew Domination!


Sorry, couldn't resist saying something so cheesy.


So how much did you have to Bribe the judges for the wins :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby xDreww » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:01 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
rubyeye wrote:MASTERS AMV Winners

Best of Show
Title: A Brainless Video
Anime: Highschool of the Dead
Song: What The **** Was That?
Editor: drewaconclusion
Link: N/A


Runner-Up
Title: Taking The Moment
Anime: Various
Song: Take A Moment (Ft. Winter Kills)
Editor: xDreww
Link:


It's Double Drew Domination!


Sorry, couldn't resist saying something so cheesy.


DREWW!!! WOW. I just noticed that. haha Grats on best in the show man. DID NOT expect for runner up or anything. Pretty surprised. Grats to all the other winners as well.
Question, were there any winners for Drama,action, or anything else?
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby rubyeye » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

xDreww wrote:Question, were there any winners for Drama,action, or anything else?

We don't have winners according to category any more. It used to be in the past, but that hasn't been the case for several years now. Sorry. :sweat:
Image
User avatar
rubyeye
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2001
Location: Denton, TX

Re: A-Kon 23 VSE WINNERS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Finalist list?
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Next

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: evilspider and 2 guests