Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest Thread - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules!) DEADLINE: MAY

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Well I was originally just planning on sending newer non-trolley stuff, but all this is just too tempting....


QTFO :x

shin, if you piss off kaze i ain't backin you up :uhoh:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules!) DEADLINE: MAY

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Well I was originally just planning on sending newer non-trolley stuff, but all this is just too tempting....


QTFO :x

shin, if you piss off kaze i ain't backin you up :uhoh:


Aww, my dear friend. <3

But joking aside, I wish good luck to all the editors.... we shall see....if my secret amv will get in this time. :twisted:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image
User avatar
Kazemon15
 
Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: AMV Freak, California
Status: Reborn! Fanatic

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Wow, the deadline is in 10 days. :shock:

I'll just say this:

Since I've retired from amvs, I plan on going all out because this will be my last AX AMV Competition.

I already have one AX director's chair I sit on and if I win this one, I plan on using it to put my feet up. :bear: My media drive's already getting pretty full, so I really plan to make good use of that 6TB hard drive as well. :aimkissyface:

If any of you have any hesitations about sending your videos because you want to save them or for whatever reason, just remember I'm giving you all my best, so I expect your best and nothing less than that in return. At least let me go out with a bang at my home con because after this, I won't be an active amv editor anymore and it's up to you guys to lead the next generation.

Remember, AX is the biggest con in the US and the audience is HUGE. The experience is something you need to see to believe.

With all that said, let's have one hell of a contest this year. We're all top class editors now, so let's settle all of this on the big screen! :up:

Spoiler :
no drama this time :amv:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules!) DEADLINE: MAY

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

xstylus wrote:The Best of Show winner shall also receive a two-bay external hard drive enclosure, and it's a nice one too. It will feature USB 3.0, Firewire 800 (1394b), and eSATA connections, plus it can be set for RAID-0 or RAID-1 configurations.

AND...

Inside that enclosure will be 6TB of storage (3TB x 2). Outside of that enclosure, well... let's just say there'll be some graffiti on it from some rather high profile people. [wink]

I had a feeling you liked my idea from the old thread. :awesome: :up:
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby XStylus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 pm

The AX AMV Chef competition has offically been announced!

Details here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=109137
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby Hagaren Viper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 am

Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :
Drama :ying:
or Fun [Since for the life of me I can't figure out if fun=Upbeat and parody or just parody]. Since if I remember correctly I can't circle more than one category and my entry form...I'm kinda concerned, lol.

I guess I can make vids that conform to the existing categories but COME ON.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:37 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :
Drama :ying:
or Fun [Since for the life of me I can't figure out if fun=Upbeat and parody or just parody]. Since if I remember correctly I can't circle more than one category and my entry form...I'm kinda concerned, lol.

I guess I can make vids that conform to the existing categories but COME ON.


2013, my friend. 2013.

I know of several videos I've judged in the past that were excellent, but didn't quite fit anywhere. I've long wanted to see that fixed, and will do my best to do so next year.

I won't promise that exact category will be added next year, but there will be adjustments to the category structures for certain. For instance, this will be AMTV-Pro's final year.
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby Shin-AMV » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :
Drama :ying:
or Fun [Since for the life of me I can't figure out if fun=Upbeat and parody or just parody]. Since if I remember correctly I can't circle more than one category and my entry form...I'm kinda concerned, lol.

I guess I can make vids that conform to the existing categories but COME ON.


QFT x a billion. In my opinion every contest should have at least these 4 categories: Action/Drama/Comedy/Upbeat.

Although last year I just treated the Fun category as an upbeat category and it seemed to be ok. It seems more or less like the catch all category in general for AX at least.

Rider4Z wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Well I was originally just planning on sending newer non-trolley stuff, but all this is just too tempting....


QTFO :x

shin, if you piss off kaze i ain't backin you up :uhoh:


O:
*hides*
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

Added the following option to Rule Two (pertaining to file format and codec requirements):

NOTE: If you are submitting by mail, you may include on your disc additional copies of your submission in ANY video/audio codec and file container you prefer, such as Lagarith, UT, MKV, etcetera. We will use whichever works best and/or easiest. At least one copy of your submission must conform to accepted formats though.
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby JD_Lord1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 am

xstylus wrote:Added the following option to Rule Two (pertaining to file format and codec requirements):

NOTE: If you are submitting by mail, you may include on your disc additional copies of your submission in ANY video/audio codec and file container you prefer, such as Lagarith, UT, MKV, etcetera. We will use whichever works best and/or easiest. At least one copy of your submission must conform to accepted formats though.


Shweet. Thanks for this EZ Rules post, I really think it was necessary. I was having a hard time continuously sifting through the jargon in order to find info that I needed. :up:
the JOSH
User avatar
JD_Lord1
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Location: Jerome, Arizona
Status: Float

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 am

JD_Lord1 wrote:
xstylus wrote:Added the following option to Rule Two (pertaining to file format and codec requirements):

NOTE: If you are submitting by mail, you may include on your disc additional copies of your submission in ANY video/audio codec and file container you prefer, such as Lagarith, UT, MKV, etcetera. We will use whichever works best and/or easiest. At least one copy of your submission must conform to accepted formats though.


Shweet. Thanks for this EZ Rules post, I really think it was necessary. I was having a hard time continuously sifting through the jargon in order to find info that I needed. :up:


Your post in the other conference was the straw that broke the camel's back, prompting me to stay up until 6am on a work day to make that. When I see people struggling to interpret the rules, that directly affects people's decisions on whether they want to enter the competition or not.

Very glad my lost sleep was appreciated. :)
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby irriadin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 am

So if you're in a MEP, does each editor in the MEP have to list it on their form?
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 am

irriadin wrote:So if you're in a MEP, does each editor in the MEP have to list it on their form?


If you're submitting as a group, the group submits one form and all entries are to be included with that form.

If you're submitting individually (with no references or mention of the group), then each individual sends their own form and includes only their own entries on that form.
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby Ryvannis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 am

Castor Troy wrote:Wow, the deadline is in 10 days. :shock:

I'll just say this:

Since I've retired from amvs, I plan on going all out because this will be my last AX AMV Competition.

I already have one AX director's chair I sit on and ifI win this one, I plan on using it to put my feet up. :bear: My media drive's already getting pretty full, so I really plan to make good use of that 6TB hard drive as well. :aimkissyface:

If any of you have any hesitations about sending your videos because you want to save them or for whatever reason, just remember I'm giving you all my best, so I expect your best and nothing less than that in return. At least let me go out with a bang at my home con because after this, I won't be an active amv editor anymore and it's up to you guys to lead the next generation.

Remember, AX is the biggest con in the US and the audience is HUGE. The experience is something you need to see to believe.

With all that said, let's have one hell of a contest this year. We're all top class editors now, so let's settle all of this on the big screen! :up:

Spoiler :
no drama this time :amv:


That's a big "if" Troy. 8-)

I've been tweaking my latest entry for about a month almost, and I'm working on another. Ironically, I have more hopes in my 2nd entry. Kinda sad that I'm more concerned about getting in this year.
User avatar
Ryvannis
 
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Postby Tearx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

yay!
/works on entries
:dino:
Image
User avatar
Tearx
The Malicious Feline
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Location: OC

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests