San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Winners Posted

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby [key]Scarlet » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Izotoppu wrote:[...]

"Who are you to tell people that their method isn't as good as any other?"

Because I'm izo = great / awesome and very wise. Next year I'm gonna edit for Tv Channels. I'm sure no one else who write here bullshits right now will do that and make huge amount of cash.

[...]

It's what we call PRO EDITING. Sorry, I made a difference between anime & live action because I didn't saw any amvs with that caliber so yeah. Ahm a good editing @amvs are Nostromo's vids. (Not omg but good) Don't come back and say it's not true because this guys are from L.A. Hollywood and they rule you! I didn't post shin videos on the crap category because you will rage so i'm afraid of you buhuhu. So why they are all crap ? Because every noob can do it. Even my grandpa could use some automatic transitions or video fx in one click. (don't say they manually made the fx because it's not true :P - let's say they customize and it's still kid stuff)

[...]

AMVs and movies trailers/professional videoclips are things completely different, you can't even compare them. Moreover, there are a lot of editing styles and everyone has his personal one, there isn't one which is considered the best by everybody around the world.
You think that working for a TV Channel will reach you a lot of money, and this is the proof that you live in your little hole without knowing anything of the professional editor's job. I currently work for a TV Channel and I assure you that I'm not rich or something, and this can be confirmed by the guys here who do the same (or almost) job as me (and trust me, there are a lot more than what you think).
User avatar
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2010

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Shin-AMV » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 pm

All I gathered from the last few posts is Izo doesn't think he has to have tact because he can be even more immature than he is if he wanted to be and that he thinks he is going to make bucks when he starts editing for a TV Channel.

lol. k.

Anyways, to stop derailing this thread. Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.
Image
User avatar
Shin-AMV
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Status: Emo Poptart

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Animated » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

ANIMATED IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY. EVERYBODY PLEASE, KEEP CALM.

As a policeman IRL, I know how to handle situations like these.

Let's start. Logic over hurrdurrness.

Izotoppu wrote:Action Winner: EllipseIris - Eat Me Alive
Pfff... crappy transitions all over the place and it's only 2 minutes video.
Judge you must learn more.

First of all, check your grammar. Second, I also thought Bankrupt deserved to win first place, but Eat me Alive was pretty decent also. Better than your video I might say.

Izotoppu wrote:What makes a video perfect ? = Raw + Sync. (not fx & if it's fx not that kind of shit for little kids)
keep that in mind for the next year.

There are thousands of little things that make a video awesome. From beat sync to general feeling, from fx to lip syncing. Y u so jelly about fx? Oh yeah, unfortunately you don't have a decent pc, you've said that many times already.

Izotoppu wrote:I'm not afraid of anyone (keep that in mind hah) And Akross is full of fx whores who don't know how to make a sync without them.

You came here to tell us you are not afraid of anyone. This is not a krav maga site you know, but rather a very friendly otaku forum. And why Akross is considered to be the best worldwide amv competition? Maybe because of all thoe kickass videos you see and can't reach every year? No? Hm...

Izotoppu wrote:stupid ass people who come and post retarded shit like AceD will not reply anymore

What if I told you they CAN reply. Check your grammar.

Izotoppu wrote:Be on topic and try to tell me that I'm not right with TRUE arguments if you want to write something or else you will get destroyed on yt if you have an account.

First of all... dude. You're 21, right? Cut that shit. You are a true hacker and everything you say is right, anyone who thinks different will feel your wrath. I remember a movie that suits your case. It's called The Dictator. As for true arguements: Your amv was good. Yes, let's say the truth here, it was good. But having seen the rest of the action videos, even I would not place it first there. Dubstep music using only 6 episodes of Karas? There were many beats left as they were, especially in the first half. Flow was abrupt, other times very fast, other times slowed down, other times characters fighting, other times characters standing still or talking, and all of this when the music kept hitting with everything it had. Anyway. Lets move on.

Izotoppu wrote:try to edit / make a vid on 500 ram and than come back to me and trololol if you have the balls do edit on 500 ram & single core haha).

What if I told you that I, for one, have started making videos 5 years ago on a pc with half of your RAM. Many guys in here have started this hobby over a decade ago.

Izotoppu wrote:But seeing that crap (EllipseIris - Eat Me Alive) on the first place made me laugh so hard. It's hilarious that the judges selected that one

Crap? You sure are 21 and not 14? Wtf is this shit? Watch your language, boy. Even if that video was way worse than yours, you could have been more kind to everyone and just ask for explanations.

Izotoppu wrote:Because I'm izo = great / awesome and very wise. Next year I'm gonna edit for Tv Channels. I'm sure no one else who write here bullshits right now will do that and make huge amount of cash.

Ok, that's it. Izo = over the top egoist. Seriously now, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Holy... Anyway. There was a thread in the forum from a member that worked for a tv channel if I can properly remember. Shit's not so cash, trust me. Way many hours working for less money than you believe.

Izotoppu wrote:Ahm a good editing @amvs are Nostromo's vids. (Not omg but good) Don't come back and say it's not true because this guys are from L.A. Hollywood and they rule you!

-.- Holywood = Awesomeness! Yeah sure!!

Izotoppu wrote:I didn't participate at this conventions to win, only for fun.

Said the guy who threatened to destroy Youtube accounts.

Izotoppu wrote:Now all suckers like Animated and AceD can come and give me more love.

Calling a policeman a "sucker" will get you nowhere, boy. Soap anybody?

Waiting for Izo's response :bear:
Image
Image
User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Status: Texty :3

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby irriadin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.


x2 Congrats everyone!
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Snowflakes1515 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!
Snowflakes1515
 
Joined: 02 Nov 2009

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby siny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

irriadin wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.


x2 Congrats everyone!


x3


Snowflakes1515 wrote:Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!


I'm sure it did, Alicia! I dropped that anime a long time ago, but after watching your video I fell in love and I said to myself "I have to watch it!" <3
Image
User avatar
siny
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Location: Portugal

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Izotoppu for most helpful.
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Snowflakes1515 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

siny wrote:
irriadin wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.


x2 Congrats everyone!


x3


Snowflakes1515 wrote:Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!


I'm sure it did, Alicia! I dropped that anime a long time ago, but after watching your video I fell in love and I said to myself "I have to watch it!" <3



Sinyyyy! <3 Aaaw, I'm glad! *__*
Snowflakes1515
 
Joined: 02 Nov 2009

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby StarTrinity009 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 pm

irriadin wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.


x2 Congrats everyone!

x3 ^^ The competition is always intense. So congrats and be proud of your work!
User avatar
StarTrinity009
 
Joined: 09 May 2009

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby xDreww » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

AceD wrote:
For what it's worth i don't agree with the results, Magic Eye is the best video in there for starters yet has won nothing (you don't see Shin coming here bashing the judges, and crying emo tears over it though). I don't agree with best action either.... yadadada...anybody reading this thread is going to think you're a moron with an attitude that totally sucks


What Aced said. Cons are judged by the viewers, you think majority of the viewers know anything about AMVS? Nope lol Most of the time, Drama winner videos have nothing to do with drama. Most of the time the AMV with the most catchy song for action, and upbeat always wins. When you have much better well edited videos on the side that didn't even make runner up, but you know what...those are cons for you. I never ever agree with any con winners, but thats how it is.
You've posted random videos from other editors, but...what about some work from you? You just make yourself look like an idiot.
Sorry if I started some heat again, but I had to say my opinion on this. Bringing a video down like that is un call for.
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Izotoppu » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 am

@Scarlet HBO & AXN pays around 2k-5k euros per trailer. (that's not good enough for you?)
And what I shared are not trailers :P (music videos just like amvs)

@Animated I don't give a ... wau! pam pam weaaau ... weaauuu ... waaahh! (I don't give a...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m9Hnr4MoMU&t=1m6s

First of all stop sucking meat balls (it's that a good grammar for ya ?) I'm not from states you idiot. Decode what I write.

I will not ever use fx in a stupid way that you guys did it in the last decade. (If I'm going to use them - but raw is what companies request more so raw will be)
You guys don't know how to edit without them. I said this before and repeated myself. And using some 1 click transitions and video fx don't make YOU an EDITOR! (or customise templates hah)
So if all of you wanna do is throw Boris and Sapphire filters over AMVS for the rest of your life, be my guest, Its your hobby.
You can see this parody - http://youtu.be/1GYVj9D-rVk :P :P :P :P :P :P

Till now there was 2/3 dudes who said that my karas vid isn't so good. You guys don't have any experience to tell me that. Keith Carunida said it was awesome and it's from Hollywood. Editor around 30 years old. Check it with your own eyes you fools/haters - http://youtu.be/VKUeZRhdXMU

Congrats on 1st place, man! Vid looks awesome!
KeithCarunida 3 months ago

Akross = MEH

"You are a true hacker and everything you say is right, anyone who thinks different will feel your wrath."

I'm not a hacker lmao. I use bots and I can mass flag your shit so easily with that and laugh so much on my desk.

"-.- Holywood = Awesomeness! Yeah sure!!"

Yes indeed. Jizz in your pants already ? You hate now that you can't edit with the big guys ? Pfff...

@xDreww

If I'm not wrong every convention has public choose and judge choose (well almost) If I wasn't right than this guy "Proz" could come to reply to me. But all I saw was silenzio stampa and that makes me a WINNER.

"You've posted random videos from other editors, but...what about some work from you?"

Take your head and smash it on a wall. Karas is not enough for you with what I participated at this contest ? And what I shared was to teach you guys wtf is pro editing. I see you didn't learn anything in this past 24 hours. Ok. Go back to your shitty editing with 1 click transitions and video fx that everyone can do it. (you guys don't have brains to evolve ?)

Don't come back to talk to me till you guys understand at least what pro editing is. You make a joke of yourselves. Who am I to tell you that ? A nobody... but with BRAINS. If some of you guys have that you will understand what I said here. The rest will rage on and on.

I'm too busy to come back and read your shits all over again so keep it up / izo ... & much much love for haters. :X
He simply walks into Mordor.
User avatar
Izotoppu
 
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Location: Romania

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Animated » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 am

We should make this thread a sticky. Where is Godix when you need him.
/forum facepalm

Are these your arguments? You have a whole bunch of editors, more experienced than you on pretty much everything trying to calm you down, and the only thing you have to say is "omg noobs learn to pro-edit, I'm the best see for urselves or else I'll pawn u"?

This is why we can't have nice things. I even told you your video was good enough - still... :x
Image
Image
User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Status: Texty :3

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby Snowflakes1515 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 am

I really didn't want to add fuel to the argument or anything, but I just wanted to add my two cents. Firstly I just want to make clear that I'm speaking for myself and I have no clue about any of the other editors on this site or around the world, but I don't edit because I want to be "pro", I edit because it's fun, it's hobby of mine and I feel happy when other people enjoy my work. Sure I've always had the feeling of wanting to improve and refine my editing but I think that is an entirely different thing. I've never been obsessed with the idea of becoming a pro editor. So if you make the claim that I'm not "pro" or anything of that sort, unfortunately it'll have no effect on me because I won't care.

Conforming to the standards of what companies and tv channels want in editing is simply enjoyable for me, and the same could be said for others who feel the same way. Therefore your editing ideals will differ from other editors like me. Other editors have more scope to experiment with fx and transitions, as they aren't forced to stick to the style of editing companies want to see. This does not mean that the other editors' way of editing is wrong, or ugly.

Izotoppu, though you do indeed have some standing and reputation and even if you do earn as much as you say you do, this does not give you the right to have such an elitist attitude and unfairly insult the winners of the AMV contest. You're misunderstanding this whole thing, I thought your video was pretty good. I thought ALL the entries were really good. From what I gather, I think the argument is stemming from your attitude towards the winners, not whether or not your video is well-edited or not. A show of good sportsmanship is all that was asked for. :)
Snowflakes1515
 
Joined: 02 Nov 2009

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby xDreww » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

Theres no point in reasoning with this guy. He has his own opinion in AMV editing. I seen his arguments on here and youtube with neverend. Izo you should take criticism not so seriously, and just accept what others might think of you're video. Nothing is perfect, don't act like a big shot and think your the best, because your not. Shouldn't need to argue about all this, in my eyes your KARAS video was just normal syncing without any real concept. But hey man! If you want to be an attention whore and act like your the best, and a "pro" giving out your personal opinions , PC specs, what you think about anime, flow while acting like a show off.(which most people don't really care.) Go ahead! Honestly...there's nothing to really hate on about you. :)
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Postby l33tmeatwad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 am

xDreww wrote:Theres no point in reasoning with this guy. He has his own opinion in AMV editing.

:rofl:
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaboroshiStudio and 3 guests