Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Finalists Pos

Post by [key]Scarlet » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Izotoppu wrote:[...]

"Who are you to tell people that their method isn't as good as any other?"

Because I'm izo = great / awesome and very wise. Next year I'm gonna edit for Tv Channels. I'm sure no one else who write here bullshits right now will do that and make huge amount of cash.

[...]

It's what we call PRO EDITING. Sorry, I made a difference between anime & live action because I didn't saw any amvs with that caliber so yeah. Ahm a good editing @amvs are Nostromo's vids. (Not omg but good) Don't come back and say it's not true because this guys are from L.A. Hollywood and they rule you! I didn't post shin videos on the crap category because you will rage so i'm afraid of you buhuhu. So why they are all crap ? Because every noob can do it. Even my grandpa could use some automatic transitions or video fx in one click. (don't say they manually made the fx because it's not true :P - let's say they customize and it's still kid stuff)

[...]
AMVs and movies trailers/professional videoclips are things completely different, you can't even compare them. Moreover, there are a lot of editing styles and everyone has his personal one, there isn't one which is considered the best by everybody around the world.
You think that working for a TV Channel will reach you a lot of money, and this is the proof that you live in your little hole without knowing anything of the professional editor's job. I currently work for a TV Channel and I assure you that I'm not rich or something, and this can be confirmed by the guys here who do the same (or almost) job as me (and trust me, there are a lot more than what you think).

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 pm

All I gathered from the last few posts is Izo doesn't think he has to have tact because he can be even more immature than he is if he wanted to be and that he thinks he is going to make bucks when he starts editing for a TV Channel.

lol. k.

Anyways, to stop derailing this thread. Congrats everybody.

Congrats StarTrinity009 and l33tmeatwad for representing Pixel Blended :)
Congrats EllipseIris for action. I like the video and song, they're catchy.
Congrats Oro$hi. iBebop is pretty fun and entertaining.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

ANIMATED IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY. EVERYBODY PLEASE, KEEP CALM.

As a policeman IRL, I know how to handle situations like these.

Let's start. Logic over hurrdurrness.
Izotoppu wrote:Action Winner: EllipseIris - Eat Me Alive
Pfff... crappy transitions all over the place and it's only 2 minutes video.
Judge you must learn more.
First of all, check your grammar. Second, I also thought Bankrupt deserved to win first place, but Eat me Alive was pretty decent also. Better than your video I might say.
Izotoppu wrote:What makes a video perfect ? = Raw + Sync. (not fx & if it's fx not that kind of shit for little kids)
keep that in mind for the next year.
There are thousands of little things that make a video awesome. From beat sync to general feeling, from fx to lip syncing. Y u so jelly about fx? Oh yeah, unfortunately you don't have a decent pc, you've said that many times already.
Izotoppu wrote:I'm not afraid of anyone (keep that in mind hah) And Akross is full of fx whores who don't know how to make a sync without them.
You came here to tell us you are not afraid of anyone. This is not a krav maga site you know, but rather a very friendly otaku forum. And why Akross is considered to be the best worldwide amv competition? Maybe because of all thoe kickass videos you see and can't reach every year? No? Hm...
Izotoppu wrote:stupid ass people who come and post retarded shit like AceD will not reply anymore
What if I told you they CAN reply. Check your grammar.
Izotoppu wrote:Be on topic and try to tell me that I'm not right with TRUE arguments if you want to write something or else you will get destroyed on yt if you have an account.
First of all... dude. You're 21, right? Cut that shit. You are a true hacker and everything you say is right, anyone who thinks different will feel your wrath. I remember a movie that suits your case. It's called The Dictator. As for true arguements: Your amv was good. Yes, let's say the truth here, it was good. But having seen the rest of the action videos, even I would not place it first there. Dubstep music using only 6 episodes of Karas? There were many beats left as they were, especially in the first half. Flow was abrupt, other times very fast, other times slowed down, other times characters fighting, other times characters standing still or talking, and all of this when the music kept hitting with everything it had. Anyway. Lets move on.
Izotoppu wrote:try to edit / make a vid on 500 ram and than come back to me and trololol if you have the balls do edit on 500 ram & single core haha).
What if I told you that I, for one, have started making videos 5 years ago on a pc with half of your RAM. Many guys in here have started this hobby over a decade ago.
Izotoppu wrote:But seeing that crap (EllipseIris - Eat Me Alive) on the first place made me laugh so hard. It's hilarious that the judges selected that one
Crap? You sure are 21 and not 14? Wtf is this shit? Watch your language, boy. Even if that video was way worse than yours, you could have been more kind to everyone and just ask for explanations.
Izotoppu wrote:Because I'm izo = great / awesome and very wise. Next year I'm gonna edit for Tv Channels. I'm sure no one else who write here bullshits right now will do that and make huge amount of cash.

Ok, that's it. Izo = over the top egoist. Seriously now, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Holy... Anyway. There was a thread in the forum from a member that worked for a tv channel if I can properly remember. Shit's not so cash, trust me. Way many hours working for less money than you believe.
Izotoppu wrote:Ahm a good editing @amvs are Nostromo's vids. (Not omg but good) Don't come back and say it's not true because this guys are from L.A. Hollywood and they rule you!
-.- Holywood = Awesomeness! Yeah sure!!
Izotoppu wrote:I didn't participate at this conventions to win, only for fun.
Said the guy who threatened to destroy Youtube accounts.
Izotoppu wrote:Now all suckers like Animated and AceD can come and give me more love.
Calling a policeman a "sucker" will get you nowhere, boy. Soap anybody?

Waiting for Izo's response :bear:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Congrats everybody.

Also congrats to the runner-ups and other finalists. Just remember that your videos got played in front of an audience and despite any awards, rankings, trophies, or medals that people enjoyed the contest and your videos, and in all probability each of your videos left some kind of enjoyable impression behind, whether it simply entertained or inspired and awed. In the end that is what's really important.
x2 Congrats everyone!

xSnowflakes
Org Profile

Post by xSnowflakes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

irriadin wrote:

x2 Congrats everyone!
x3

Snowflakes1515 wrote:Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!
I'm sure it did, Alicia! I dropped that anime a long time ago, but after watching your video I fell in love and I said to myself "I have to watch it!" <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Izotoppu for most helpful.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

xSnowflakes
Org Profile

Post by xSnowflakes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

siny wrote:
irriadin wrote:

x2 Congrats everyone!
x3

Snowflakes1515 wrote:Congratulations to the winners. ^^ For me it was a major achievement to have even been chosen to be part of the finalist list, so I'm hoping the audience enjoyed my video - wish I could've been there to see the reactions!
I'm sure it did, Alicia! I dropped that anime a long time ago, but after watching your video I fell in love and I said to myself "I have to watch it!" <3

Sinyyyy! <3 Aaaw, I'm glad! *__*

StarTrinity009
Org Profile

Post by StarTrinity009 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 pm

irriadin wrote:

x2 Congrats everyone!
x3 ^^ The competition is always intense. So congrats and be proud of your work!

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

AceD wrote:
For what it's worth i don't agree with the results, Magic Eye is the best video in there for starters yet has won nothing (you don't see Shin coming here bashing the judges, and crying emo tears over it though). I don't agree with best action either.... yadadada...anybody reading this thread is going to think you're a moron with an attitude that totally sucks
What Aced said. Cons are judged by the viewers, you think majority of the viewers know anything about AMVS? Nope lol Most of the time, Drama winner videos have nothing to do with drama. Most of the time the AMV with the most catchy song for action, and upbeat always wins. When you have much better well edited videos on the side that didn't even make runner up, but you know what...those are cons for you. I never ever agree with any con winners, but thats how it is.
You've posted random videos from other editors, but...what about some work from you? You just make yourself look like an idiot.
Sorry if I started some heat again, but I had to say my opinion on this. Bringing a video down like that is un call for.

Return to “AMV Contests”