The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Status: Does it matter?
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby drewaconclusion » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Translation: He get little girls to edit his videos.. Now that explains things!
And he gets them to edit his videos in film to boot.

I have to say, that masking in his videos is some pretty impressive scissors work!
Yes, they were all personally trained by Urabe from Nazo no Kanojo X.
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Davis 51
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:53 pm
Status: Under The Box Productions
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby Davis 51 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Shit, given the amount of grad school work I got, I ain't gonna get anything meaningful done on this until after the first week in May. That gives me just a few weeks to rip, edit, post, and submit my idea.

My Eva rebuild epic will have to wait then (even though I've already started editing, there is no way it will be done on time, and I want to dedicate at least several months to that one, esp since I haven't fully planned it out yet). So onto plan B, an alternative artistic, less traditional video I have (mostly) story-boarded already in mind. I can probably do it, though it'll be a photo finish.

That, or say "Screw it, Plan C" and do a trailer parody, thus continuing my "trailer, serious vid, trailer" routine :P. I've already gotten a concept that works very well, so I'll prolly make up my mind in a week.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

User avatar
xDreww
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby xDreww » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Pushing myself to make a video for this. In the works now, hopefully I'll get it done before the deadline. I Do plan to go to Otakon this year with a few friends. I'll see how things go.
Image

User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm
Status: Looking for candy
Location: In the car, taking a shit.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 am

So anyone here attending the convention ?
Add me on skype cause im bored: Mycathatesyou0000

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:So anyone here attending the convention ?

I am, but before the flood of people start replying, you might wanna just start a topic in the convention subforum.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Pocho_Love
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 am
Status: YAOI!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby Pocho_Love » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 pm

xDreww wrote:Pushing myself to make a video for this. In the works now, hopefully I'll get it done before the deadline. I Do plan to go to Otakon this year with a few friends. I'll see how things go.


I'm going to Otakon as well! Hopefully we can meet this year since we missed meeting each other at NYAF! : )

User avatar
xDreww
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby xDreww » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 am

Pocho_Love wrote:
xDreww wrote:Pushing myself to make a video for this. In the works now, hopefully I'll get it done before the deadline. I Do plan to go to Otakon this year with a few friends. I'll see how things go.


I'm going to Otakon as well! Hopefully we can meet this year since we missed meeting each other at NYAF! : )

OH YOUR GOING?! Thats awesome!! Hopefully I CAN go..haha I've been thinking about it and money is good..but also an issue. Have to pay lots of bills and ect ect. It's a slim chance but hopefully!
Image

User avatar
Pocho_Love
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 am
Status: YAOI!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby Pocho_Love » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 am

xDreww wrote:
Pocho_Love wrote:
xDreww wrote:Pushing myself to make a video for this. In the works now, hopefully I'll get it done before the deadline. I Do plan to go to Otakon this year with a few friends. I'll see how things go.


I'm going to Otakon as well! Hopefully we can meet this year since we missed meeting each other at NYAF! : )

OH YOUR GOING?! Thats awesome!! Hopefully I CAN go..haha I've been thinking about it and money is good..but also an issue. Have to pay lots of bills and ect ect. It's a slim chance but hopefully!


TOTES. And good luck with everything!! Really hope you can come. :D

User avatar
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:49 pm
Location: The United States of Whatever
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby kiarrens » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 am

It's a possibility that I might be able to come again this year. I'll have to see how our finances are closer to the con...
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

User avatar
zibbazabba905
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 pm
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby zibbazabba905 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I just hope to make it into the competition
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

User avatar
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 am
Status: In Haruhi We Trust.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby VivifxAMV » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm

I am going to be there! Not sure who I am going to be cosplaying that day though....I am going to be Pinkie Pie on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday are still mysteries to me XD
ImageImage

User avatar
kireblue
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby kireblue » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:37 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:So anyone here attending the convention ?

I'll be there as well (already said this in another post)

oh and on another note, my birthday is the day before the convention (July 26th). |:>

User avatar
EimiJ7
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 11:59 am
Status: @.@
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby EimiJ7 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:58 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:So anyone here attending the convention ?

I'm going! Finally preregistered, Yay!

User avatar
Shin-AMV
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Status: Ching Chong Dumpling Princess
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby Shin-AMV » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 pm

kireblue wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:So anyone here attending the convention ?

I'll be there as well (already said this in another post)

oh and on another note, my birthday is the day before the convention (July 26th). |:>


Well if you make the editor's dinner then you get a free slice of cake/pie! |:>
Image

User avatar
Pocho_Love
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 am
Status: YAOI!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby Pocho_Love » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Well if you make the editor's dinner then you get a free slice of cake/pie! |:>


IF I GO TO THE EDITOR'S DINNER YOU ARE BUYING ME CAKE.


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests