The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Postby xDreww » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm

k, let me clarify something on my last post. I was told by a friend that my last post was a bit crude. Now..It wasn't meant to sound rude to the editor that won. I'm happy for him as well! That's a big win!! All congrats to RAWdangers (:
Because of that, I was told that I was taken bad about because I said what I said. Sorry for being honest and straight forward with my opinion on which video I thought best fit "drama" for otakon. I thought Magic Eye was best for it. Thats pretty much all I meant to say...lol So hopefully those people who seen that, will get things clear now. Sorry! Congrats to everyone again! <3
xDreww

Postby -Corsair- » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm

This year was crazy fun. Glad to have seen you all, and congrats to the winners!
It was a wonderful time, and hoping to see some more familiar faces next year. :]
-Corsair-

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm

It looks like a lot of deserving videos won, but how was the contest as a whole?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby RAWdangers » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Castor Troy wrote:It looks like a lot of deserving videos won, but how was the contest as a whole?

It was pretty damn good. There were a lot of really good videos among all the categories. Action and Drama were especially stacked.

xDreww wrote:k, let me clarify something on my last post. I was told by a friend that my last post was a bit crude. Now..It wasn't meant to sound rude to the editor that won. I'm happy for him as well! That's a big win!! All congrats to RAWdangers (:
Because of that, I was told that I was taken bad about because I said what I said. Sorry for being honest and straight forward with my opinion on which video I thought best fit "drama" for otakon. I thought Magic Eye was best for it. Thats pretty much all I meant to say...lol So hopefully those people who seen that, will get things clear now. Sorry! Congrats to everyone again! <3

Don't worry, i didn't take it offensively. It's honestly the reaction i expect. It's the reaction I had myself as I said earlier.
RAWdangers

Postby xDreww » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

RAWdangers wrote:Don't worry, i didn't take it offensively. It's honestly the reaction i expect. It's the reaction I had myself as I said earlier.

haha I'm glad. Thanks for understanding, congrats again! Expect the unexpected! haha

[quote="-Corsair-"]This year was crazy fun. Glad to have seen you all, and congrats to the winners!
It was a wonderful time, and hoping to see some more familiar faces next year. :][/quote

I'll be going next year. (: Hopefully..good chance..I hope.
xDreww

Postby Parodic Productions » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I'd like to upload my video to the site today, but I'm a little busy with some pressing matters at hand (read: drunk). I'll have up it by time I see straight things.
Parodic Productions

Postby Rendakor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

The contest was great, and gratz to all the winners! :bzz: Iron Editor was awesome too; first year I went to IE (didn't really know what it was before :sweat:). My only complaint was that a lot of videos seemed to be in wrong categories, and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka). Still a great time overall!
Image Image
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Rendakor wrote:...and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka)...

I found the the amount of MLP to be annoying considering it's NOT ANIME! Nothing against MLP itself, but it's an anime con...I mean, I love Disney's Aladdin, but it doesn't really belong in an AMV.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby Shin-AMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Group Photos!
From Left to Right
Top: Snapxynith, Irriadin, Shin, BecauseImBored1, Vivifx, Kireblue
Bottom: RAWdangers, l33tmeatwad

(I'll list who is who later)

:bzz2:
Shin-AMV

Postby Brakus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Otakon was amazing, and the contest was extremely competitive - 9 solid action videos and 6 solid drama videos. Amazing to see the results turn out that way with some favorites falling to equally effective and competitive contenders. The whole contest was just great to watch.

Oh, and if I hadn't already mentioned it, I loved the SenBASA video that led off Action. The last time I was so excited and pumped up about an AMV and its showcase anime was 2005 with Nostromo's "Always Hardcore" video. This video has knocked "Hands Up" as my favorite video so far this year. Congratulations on a stellar performance.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff, AWA AMV VAT staff
"Defying the future one step at a time"
Brakus

Postby Rendakor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Some more thoughts: I'd like to 'thank' BecauseImBored1 for getting Teenagers stuck in my head all weekend. Also, watching Shut Up and Ride was awkward because I know this WoW parody better than the original song.
Image Image
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star

Postby Zaiyei » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Group Photos!
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5983/dsc0107jz.jpg
From Left to Right
Top: Snapxynith, Irriadin, Shin, BecauseImBored1, Vivifx, Kireblue
Bottom: RAWdangers, l33tmeatwad

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/379/dsc0079g.jpg
(I'll list who is who later)

:bzz2:

Otakon 2012 too much fun guys :)
Congratulations for all the winners! GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!:):) You all deserved it!
See you all again next year?! (& Hopefully even more people!)
Zaiyei

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Congrats on the wins everyone! P.S Our skype chat kicks ass!
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby VivifxAMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 pm

It was a lovely contest! I can't really express how thrilled I am with the results. I was so glad that I brought so much cheer to that contest audience -- and I am so so so honored to be the best in show winner, and to have had the oppurtunity to meet so many fine editors!
Rendakor wrote:The contest was great, and gratz to all the winners! :bzz: Iron Editor was awesome too; first year I went to IE (didn't really know what it was before :sweat:). My only complaint was that a lot of videos seemed to be in wrong categories, and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka). Still a great time overall!

I was so surprised other people had ponies in their videos, I was trying to be all cool and artsy and out there. My only issue is I felt that the other two videos in the contest that had MLP in them kind of just threw them in there without rhyme or reason, other than the one that hey -- everyone loves ponies. That being said it would be highly hypocritical of me to discredit their use X3

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Rendakor wrote:...and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka)...

I found the the amount of MLP to be annoying considering it's NOT ANIME! Nothing against MLP itself, but it's an anime con...I mean, I love Disney's Aladdin, but it doesn't really belong in an AMV.

XD I can't argue with you on that cause a) Aladdin is awesome and b) ponies isn't an anime. But as I explained at the dinner after iron editor, my personal goal as an editor is to keep pushing outside the box, with ideas and concepts that can sometimes be a little out there and maybe even radical. Maybe it didn't/doesn't belong in an AMV contest, maybe it did/does. The important thing here - to me at least is that it found a place, and made people laugh. And that's all I can ask for. Also I got a really neat shirt out of it sooooo X3

Anyway congrats to all of the winners! You are all amazing!!
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Congrats on the wins everyone! P.S Our skype chat kicks ass!

:up: True story!

VivifxAMV wrote:Aladdin is awesome...

:up:

VivifxAMV wrote:Also I got a really neat shirt out of it sooooo X3

You're welcome! Don't eBay that, I know it's tempting since my autograph is worth so much... :bear:
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests