Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Rider4Z » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Meet & Greet thread is up. Some changes this year.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Scintilla » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm

outlawed wrote:AX needs to git paid SON! $4500 to sponsor that AMV Chef.
http://www.anime-expo.org/wp-content/up ... ip-Doc.pdf

"AX's own music dual"??

So not only can they not spell "duel", but apparently they don't actually know what goes on at AMV Chef...?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby XStylus » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Scintilla wrote:
outlawed wrote:AX needs to git paid SON! $4500 to sponsor that AMV Chef.
http://www.anime-expo.org/wp-content/up ... ip-Doc.pdf

"AX's own music dual"??

So not only can they not spell "duel", but apparently they don't actually know what goes on at AMV Chef...?


At first read it looked like a solicitation for a music sponsor and I was about to go all Hulk Smash on certain people, but after reading a bit more carefully, there's nothing hugely wrong, aside from the mis-spell.

It should say "editing duel" rather than "music duel". I'll write to Susan and suggest a correction.
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Perfect-Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 am

Any prizes yet? 2 weeks till dead-line.
Image
User avatar
Perfect-Blue
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:35 pm

xstylus wrote:At first read it looked like a solicitation for a music sponsor and I was about to go all Hulk Smash on certain people, ...

i'd donate ryan's chair to see you go hulk smash.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby XStylus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Perfect-Blue wrote:Any prizes yet? 2 weeks till dead-line.


Working on that. I have ideas in mind, but I need to see if it's budget friendly.

Let me turn that question around though: What kind of prizes would you like to see? :)
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
xstylus wrote:At first read it looked like a solicitation for a music sponsor and I was about to go all Hulk Smash on certain people, ...

i'd donate ryan's chair to see you go hulk smash.


No, the chair is MINE! :evil:

xstylus wrote:
Perfect-Blue wrote:Any prizes yet? 2 weeks till dead-line.


Working on that. I have ideas in mind, but I need to see if it's budget friendly.

Let me turn that question around though: What kind of prizes would you like to see? :)


I kinda need a new car... :mrgreen: :awesome: :ying: :beer:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Perfect-Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:01 pm

xstylus wrote:
Perfect-Blue wrote:Any prizes yet? 2 weeks till dead-line.


Working on that. I have ideas in mind, but I need to see if it's budget friendly.

Let me turn that question around though: What kind of prizes would you like to see? :)


Cash, ofcourse! I bought my new PC with previous year's contest prize, and Right now I'm finalizing hell'of'a AMV on it. If it was on my previous pc, it will be real pain in the a@ss to render.
Image
User avatar
Perfect-Blue
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby XStylus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Perfect-Blue wrote:Cash, ofcourse! I bought my new PC with previous year's contest prize, and Right now I'm finalizing hell'of'a AMV on it. If it was on my previous pc, it will be real pain in the a@ss to render.


It won't be cash this year, sorry. Buuuuuut...

I'd like the prizes to be practical yet awesome though, such as equipment, and as well as stuff that's special and hard to get, such as some unique yet cool R2 blu-rays that are hard to find. I've also heard suggestions about crafting a unique trophy.

Bottom line, I don't want to just give out random swag. I want the prize to be something that'd be appreciated, yet on par with (or at least a cut above) what other conventions do.
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Hagaren Viper » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:16 pm

xstylus wrote:I'd like the prizes to be practical yet awesome though, such as equipment, and as well as stuff that's special and hard to get, such as some unique yet cool R2 blu-rays that are hard to find. I've also heard suggestions about crafting a unique trophy.


R2 Digimon boxsets..that would be practical and unique......and if the winners dont want them they can give them to me. Then we all win! :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 pm

gift cards to Fry's or Best Buy would be really cool.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm

A unique or cool looking trophy or something is far better then prizes in my opinion

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby XStylus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:A unique or cool looking trophy or something is far better then prizes in my opinion.


I still think the director's chair prize that we used to give out way back in the day was the coolest AMV prize of them all, quite frankly. If I understand correctly though, it went away because shipping them to the winner was a bit of an issue. They weren't the kind of things a winner could just shove in their suitcase. :P
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby drewaconclusion » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:41 am

Rider4Z wrote:gift cards to ... Best Buy would be really cool.
Considering their ever shrinking dvd department (especially anime), I'd have to disagree about Best Buy.

xstylus wrote:I'd like the prizes to be practical yet awesome though, such as equipment,
Hard drives are always useful. How about autographed hard drives?
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:A unique or cool looking trophy or something is far better then prizes in my opinion

Vlad

Agreed.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests