Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2012 Rules are UP!

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

machina21
Org Profile

Re: PLEASE READ Important Update regarding AX AMV Contest 20

Post by machina21 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 pm

DigitalPanther wrote:
How does this affect the AMV Contest? Well I don't seriously expect them to let me continue to run it. SO, I have already picked my successor/s. I am awaiting final approval before announcing them. Expect that answer later this week.
Let me guess...

MAGIC JOHNSON! :ying:

But anyways, certainly a startling development. Thanks for everything Micheal.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Shouldn't this also be posted in the appropriate thread on the AX forum so that those who don't follow the Org don't end up sending entries to the wrong address?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Scintilla wrote:Shouldn't this also be posted in the appropriate thread on the AX forum so that those who don't follow the Org don't end up sending entries to the wrong address?
Yeahhhhh I tried that. You see the AX Forums are El Borko. Since the new guy took them over. You may have noticed they are all still with generic skinning and everything. In the process of it all going el borko it screwed alot of people's accounts. Mine was one of them.

SO, Scintilla if you or one of the others who frequent there would do me the honor of alerting them to the address change and if nescessary pointing a link to the announcement here... I would be very appreciative.
-DP

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm

DigitalPanther wrote:...SO, Scintilla if you or one of the others who frequent there would do me the honor of alerting them to the address change and if nescessary pointing a link to the announcement here... I would be very appreciative.
-DP
I will take care of that. My staff account still works. It'd probably be more appropriate for it to come from such, etcetera.

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Ok it is basically official, upon my departure from Anime Expo / SPJA on April 14th (sooner if people get a bug up their butts). I will be handing control and Directorship of the AMV contest formally to Troy Williams'(better known as X Stylus). I have already spoken with him. He has agreed to do it. And I have informed the Division Managers accordingly.

Of all the current Anime Expo staff available to me, he is uniquely qualified and understands amvs.

I have also selected an "assistant Director" to help him and to act as counter balance where needed, however I won't know if they can accept for another week.

So everyone please give Troy your utmost support. Help him to keep the momentum we have worked so hard these past 4 years to achieve moving forward!

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Guess it's time for my formal announcement then. [Taps microphone] Ahem. Is this thing on? 'Kay. Let's do this. :)

---
Hello everyone!

At Michael's request I shall be carrying the torch as director of the AX AMV competition for AX2012.

Michael retires with the proud accomplishment of having built a strong AMV competition, among many other hard fought feats. I extend a very hearty thanks to Michael for his guidance and leadership over the past years. I genuinely hope to see him return in the future, if and when he sees fit.

For starters, there won't be any changes. There will be no new rules, no new requirements, and no new restrictions. The pre-judging precedents, standards, and processes established by Michael will continue to be adhered to for 2012. I've been part of that process since 2008 and I know how they're handled.

In short, everything remains status quo for 2012. And yes, there will be a pre-show. That tradition shall continue. :)

Oh, wait… there is one change, but it's an easy one. Please direct any and all submissions to the SPJA office at the address below. Please do send them as early as possible. If you've already sent your submission to the PO Box in Ventura, don't worry, Michael will make sure it finds its way into my hands.

Anime Expo 2012
ATTN: Anime Music Video Contest
1733 S. Douglass Rd. Ste F
Anaheim, California, 92806

Furthermore, feel free to send any inquiries to ax-amv[AT]xstylus.com. I'm pretty good on email responses and will respond as soon as possible.

Very sincerely,

-Troy Williams
AX2012 AMV Competition Coordinator
AX2012 AMV-Chef Coordinator
AXLive Technical Director & Cameraman
Secretary, SPJA Membership Committee
(Look, ma! I can fit four hats on my head!)

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 pm

It's sad to see you go, Michael, but I'm also glad to welcome Troy (Xstylus) aboard in the new position.

I hope everything works out for AX and everyone. It seems not too long ago that Michael first came and took over from the other coordinators... but now that I think about it...it's been well over 5 years since that happened. Times sure fly, huh?

Good luck with everything, Michael.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 am

The fact that Michael passed the baton to someone who cares just as much about the contest [Not to mention someone we are familiar with] makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Again, thank you for all you've done, Sir DigitalPanther, and congrats xstylus! May we all suffer through AX drama together for years to come.

I also totally didn't recognize you because you didn't have the cat avatar. Don't think Ive seen you without it XD

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 am

I'm actually rather taken back a bit. Despite our little argument in the past, I feel like you were truly working towards making things better. I would have liked to enter this year's contest while it was still under your name and perhaps meet you in person to better understand the man who runs it.

I'm glad to see Troy taking the reigns. He has fought for AMVs at AX in the past so I know he'll do his best to put on a good show.

Michael, I wish you the best of luck where ever you are headed and where ever life takes you.

Return to “AMV Contests”