Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
Ijexis
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:53 am
Status: Compliant Model Basis 2.1
Location: Unilateral Matrix 001
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby Ijexis » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Miracle_Falcon wrote:Thanks for your response, Adam - luckily, l33tmeatwad has been kind enough to offer his help, and we've been able to get the videos lookin' good in the right format and size. However, one of my videos which I'm submitting is an AMV hell style video, and I'm having some difficulty with the submission process because I can't put all the songs or artists involved in the submission box. I couldn't find any instructions in the rules on how to handle this - should I just put "Various" for the artists and songs?

"Various" should work just fine, that's what I've always done when I find that I quite don't have enough room.
Image

adferraro
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:10 pm
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby adferraro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Ijexis wrote:
Miracle_Falcon wrote:Thanks for your response, Adam - luckily, l33tmeatwad has been kind enough to offer his help, and we've been able to get the videos lookin' good in the right format and size. However, one of my videos which I'm submitting is an AMV hell style video, and I'm having some difficulty with the submission process because I can't put all the songs or artists involved in the submission box. I couldn't find any instructions in the rules on how to handle this - should I just put "Various" for the artists and songs?

"Various" should work just fine, that's what I've always done when I find that I quite don't have enough room.


List what it gives you room for, don't worry about the rest. Contest wise, it will most likely end up with Various for the audio listing.

Thanks,
Adam

User avatar
Warlike Swans
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Status: Pending
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby Warlike Swans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Anime Boston 2012 AMV Submission Instructions wrote:6) Once the upload completes, you will be taken back to the AMV information page. Information on your uploaded file is there, including an MD5 Checksum value. You can use the MD5 Checksum value to verify that your file was uploaded completely.


This is a thing that did not happen. I just got signed out automatically, and when I sign back in the upload status says "open," which is what it said before I uploaded the videos.

Not sure if I sure be concerned.

User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Status: Does it matter?
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby drewaconclusion » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
Anime Boston 2012 AMV Submission Instructions wrote:6) Once the upload completes, you will be taken back to the AMV information page. Information on your uploaded file is there, including an MD5 Checksum value. You can use the MD5 Checksum value to verify that your file was uploaded completely.


This is a thing that did not happen. I just got signed out automatically, and when I sign back in the upload status says "open," which is what it said before I uploaded the videos.

Not sure if I sure be concerned.
Sounds pretty similar to what was happening to me.
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Warlike Swans
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Status: Pending
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby Warlike Swans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
Warlike Swans wrote:
Anime Boston 2012 AMV Submission Instructions wrote:6) Once the upload completes, you will be taken back to the AMV information page. Information on your uploaded file is there, including an MD5 Checksum value. You can use the MD5 Checksum value to verify that your file was uploaded completely.


This is a thing that did not happen. I just got signed out automatically, and when I sign back in the upload status says "open," which is what it said before I uploaded the videos.

Not sure if I sure be concerned.
Sounds pretty similar to what was happening to me.


Your video may not have uploaded either, you can see how my inquiry played out on the AB boards here: http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14182&p=221456#p221456

adferraro
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:10 pm
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby adferraro » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

If you are uncertain whether your video completely uploaded, you can email me and I will check and let you know. I do have a workaround in place if need be. The webmaster is still working on resolving the issue, but it is sporadic, and that is making things a little tough to pin it down.

Thanks,
Adam

AB 2012 Music Video Contest Coordinator

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 am

I'm in!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2016 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2016 AMV Assistant Manager
Otafest 2012 - 2016 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 10 (2003) - 23 (2016) AMV Coordinator
AWA Atlanta 2011-2016 VAT Programming Head

User avatar
xDreww
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby xDreww » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Did the deadline already passed?....
Image

User avatar
AngelDragoon
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: The Center of the Mitten
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby AngelDragoon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 pm

No, the deadline was extended to March 10th.

adferraro wrote:Hi All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that after careful consideration, the entry deadline for the Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest has been extended to March 10, 2012. Please make sure your entries are in by that time, as there will only be one week between the deadline and the prescreening.

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Adam

User avatar
xDreww
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby xDreww » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Question, do I REALLY need to re- render my videos to 23.976fps...
Can I just send 29.976fps?

EDIT:
Never mind I'll just do it.
Image

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby Ileia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 am

Got in a couple last minute entries. >_>

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 am

Calling it right now - 2012, the year the locals get edged out because all the big boys come to town. :jester:


Uploading mine right now. This progress-less web tool is pretty scary.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:14 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Calling it right now - 2012, the year the locals get edged out because all the big boys come to town. :jester:

That was last year too, except instead of "because the big boys came to town" it was more like "because Shin sent videos in" :rofl:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:49 pm
Location: The United States of Whatever
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby kiarrens » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 am

Finalists have been emailed! :D

Who else made it?
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm
Status: I fight for my friends
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest (2 Week Warning!)

Postby irriadin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 am

kiarrens wrote:Finalists have been emailed! :D

Who else made it?


I did. In action! Looks like you're my competition 8-)


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests