Otafest 2012 AMV Contest - Now Accepting Entries

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Otafest 2012 AMV Contest - Now Accepting Entries

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Gah, totally forgot orz orz orz ;_______________________;

jen-chan
Org Profile

Post by jen-chan » Sat May 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

It is my great pleasure to announce the finalists of the Otafest 2012 AMV Contest. Out of 96 entries received, these are the 34 entries that we will be able to show, announced in alphabetical order by Creator name!

CREATOR -AMV

AimoAio - You're Too Cute
Anil Singh - A Message From the Edge
animAe (Ebullient Designs) - Hallucinations
Ashley Masuch - Obito Has No Way Out
Chiikaboom (Reversed Studios) - Imagica
desukakido - Kissagami
Drabaz - Hands Up!
drewaconclusion - A Brainless Video
drewaconclusion - She Loves that Rock and Roll
EimiJ7 - Unlimited
F.A.R.M - T
Galia & Kitty - M.A.tsuri
Ghost - Making a Man out of Ippo
GloryQuestor - The Book of Amnesia
Helix - Stay
irriadin - Illusion
Jade_eyed_angel - A Few Wrong Notes
James Zhong - Wired Schizophrenic
Jeroen Wolf - The Other Side of Me
Kamih - Nobody Here is Perfectly Fine
l33tmeatwad - Requiem of endless Eight
Pacotacoshell - Surfer Girl Serenade
Peter Vad (Kyssifur) - (In Don's Curve)
Ranmaman 2003 (Rspectcopyrightmyass Studios) - Bronfied Friday
RiderG - FULLMETAL'S BACK
Ryan Molina - Naruto Ball Z Shippuden - Heros Come Back
Samantha Daley - ENUR Mix DanceLove Live!
SammySamaProductions - The Time Traveler's Wife
SatoshiSakura - Coup d'etat (Long Live the Shadow King)
Shin - I Heart Tsundere
Warlike Swans - Marketing Ploy
XcapriconrzeroX - Clocks Anime Mix
XCosplayGamerX (Sugar Hearts Studios) - Puella Magi Oz Magica
xShiroy AMV - Take Me

As always, this year's contest was very difficult to judge, so in addition to the scores, we used a lot of other qualitative considerations in banging out this year's playlist. Please note that there are still too many deserving entries that we could not show during the contest, but we will be trying our best to get an 'all entries' showing block for future year's Otafests.

The decision on which entries to show was made with reference to the following factors:

1) The score of the video. This was the primary factor.

2) The number of videos you submitted. With only 1 exception (citing the 'crime-against-humanity-if-i-don't-show-this-video-clause), we decided to show only 1 video per creator, in order to showcase as many creators as possible. We will try to show the 2nd videos in other AMV showing blocks during Otafest.

3) Whether you were attending Otafest. Because Otafest is a smaller convention based in Calgary attended mostly be locals (around 4000 people almost exclusively from Alberta), we wanted to have a balance of locally created videos in order to encourage local talent, and to let creators actually see their work on the big screen. Therefore, as roughly 25% of contest entrants were local creators, 25% of the entries showing are from local creators as well.

Thank you very much to everyone for entering our contest this year; the AMV contest is one of Otafest's best highlights, only because of you folks! The show will happen on Sunday, May 20th in the AMV Showing room with exact times to be announced! Winners will be announced during this time! Winner of the Fan Favourite Award based on audience vote will be announced at our Awards Ceremony on Sunday, May 20th (exact times tba) in the main events room! Finally, on Monday, May 21st, I will also announce via email, on the Otafest Forums, and the a-m-v.org forums, the Otafest
2012 AMV Contest Winners!

Thank you very much once again, and good luck to everyone!

Cheers,

Jenny Chan
Otafest 2012 - AMV Contest
amv@otafest.com
http://www.otafest.com

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Congrats to all the finalists! This is my first time entering this con, so I hope we can all put on a good show! :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 05, 2012 5:51 pm

If you really like, I can play your entry backwards :awesome: .... Nevermind, I would never do that :wink:

Vlad
Castor Troy wrote:Congrats to all the finalists! This is my first time entering this con, so I hope we can all put on a good show! :)
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm

glad to be in, but actually kinda sad my other entry wasn't the finalist :(

jen-chan
Org Profile

Post by jen-chan » Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 am

Rider4Z wrote:glad to be in, but actually kinda sad my other entry wasn't the finalist :(
I am also sad too. There were over a dozen entries that I personally really liked that I just couldn't fit into a 2 hour contest. >_< Like I said, this year was *tough* (I know I say that every year, but this year really was!) On the flip side though... Otafest does have a *rocking* contest. ^_^;;;

I will try my damndest to get an all entries block for next year. Due to likely staffing changes in the organization next year, I think I'll be in a decent position to make this happen *fingers crossed*.

Cheers,

Jenny Chan
Otafest 2012 - AMV Contest Coordinator
amv@otafest.com

SatoshiSakura
Org Profile

Post by SatoshiSakura » Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Congrats to everyone! :)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon May 07, 2012 1:07 am

I'd love to do that too... I do it in all my other AMV rooms.

Vlad
jen-chan wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:glad to be in, but actually kinda sad my other entry wasn't the finalist :(
I am also sad too. There were over a dozen entries that I personally really liked that I just couldn't fit into a 2 hour contest. >_< Like I said, this year was *tough* (I know I say that every year, but this year really was!) On the flip side though... Otafest does have a *rocking* contest. ^_^;;;

I will try my damndest to get an all entries block for next year. Due to likely staffing changes in the organization next year, I think I'll be in a decent position to make this happen *fingers crossed*.

Cheers,

Jenny Chan
Otafest 2012 - AMV Contest Coordinator
amv@otafest.com
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 am

yeah i have the same feeling XD - being i don't actually enter these contests to win anything being i love to enter and attend the contest mostly to check out audience reactions on my entries. Yet at the same time i guess i always kinda hope to win something sometimes as it tends to be a bonus :) (like last years 2nd place placing blew me away wasn't expecting that at all) - not saying either of my entries would warrant any type of placing (or side type category), But i just kinda got the gut feeling that the one that made it - stands no chance for anything with the competition its up against :P

But i still hope it will be an epic show and can count me in to be there either way :D

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Ooh yay! Wasn't expecting to get in since my vid is drama, derp. Good luck to all the finalists!
Image ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”