JCAs 2012 - Results are OUT! [on page 9~]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: JCAs 2012 - Results are OUT! [on page 9~]

Post by Kosmit » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Not much surprise here and a much better spread than the VCAs provided this year. I will say ONE category surprised me though...comedy. Gay Means Happy? REALLY? Both the 2nd and 3rd place videos were MUCH funnier AND better made, don't really understand the logic behind the choice on that one...not that the winning video wasn't good.
I actually agree with you on that. Well, not entirely. I don't think any of my videos should have won comedy. There were better videos (lie Ha Ha, White People or Service Entrance In Rear). It is a nice feeling to be appreciated though.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: JCAs 2012 - Finishing touches

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I totally forgot the JCAs were going on, freaking school. Congrats to all the winners!
CodeZTM wrote:While I didn't do my massive text wall on a word document like I did last year, I have my paper notes and would be more than willing to share my scoring positions.
I'd definitely be interested in seeing this, If I remember correctly most of the judges did this last year and it was an interesting read.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Kosmit wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Not much surprise here and a much better spread than the VCAs provided this year. I will say ONE category surprised me though...comedy. Gay Means Happy? REALLY? Both the 2nd and 3rd place videos were MUCH funnier AND better made, don't really understand the logic behind the choice on that one...not that the winning video wasn't good.
I actually agree with you on that. Well, not entirely. I don't think any of my videos should have won comedy. There were better videos (lie Ha Ha, White People or Service Entrance In Rear). It is a nice feeling to be appreciated though.
I am sorry - couldn't really get into the former because of the music (the combo with Nichijou just didn't work for me, though the execution was flawless) and into the latter because of execution.
Gay Means Happy just... works for me. Also the PERFECT LIPSYNC! :>

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Cool :). Didn't expect to win anything.

Return to “AMV Contests”