I've been informed trophies should be provided for prizes this year, which makes me a very happy co-ordinator (if they fail to deliver I'll pay for them again, I'm tired of second-rate awards..)
Wai-con forum link: http://forum.wai-con.org/index.php?/top ... tion-2012/
- This competition is open to both international and national entrants. Attendance is not required to enter, any prizes and awards will be mailed after the convention.
- All entries should be submitted by the 16th of January 2012. no entries past this date will be accepted.
- There is a maximum of 3 videos per creator
- Please do not add any credits, logos, text, or any other forms of identifiable marking to your AMV. These will be created for each video entered and will include the relevant information.
- Videos should not contain overly graphic scenes
- The committee and competition organisers reserve the right to deny any video entry at any time, for any reason
- Footage used within the video should be restricted to mostly anime and/or game footage. Videos with a higher proportion of game footage will be judged in a separate category.
- Video length should be under 10 minutes. longer entries may be edited or dropped from the competition without notice.
- Any videos entered into previous Wai-con events will not be accepted.
- Fansubs are forbidden as a source material.
- The judges decisions are final, no discussion over the decision will therefore be entered into by the judges.
All submitted entries must be in either *.AVI, *.MP4, *.WMV, or *.MKV
The following codec types will be accepted:
- MPEG4-ASP (DivX, XviD)
- MPEG4-AVC (x264, DivX7 H264, Sony AVC)
- WMV3 (VC-1, WMV9)
- Huffman Lossless (HuffYUV, FFHuffy)
- Quicktime and RealMedia files will not be accepted.
- VCD discs will not be accepted
Audio can be either PCM (Uncompressed), AAC, MP3, FLAC or Vorbis.
Please submit your video in the highest quality possible, as this will be included in the final judging process. typically this is is a minimum of 640X480 for 4:3 format and 640x360 for 16:9 format.
Audience Favorite - As voted by visitors to the WAIMV site before the convention
Committee Choice - Favorite video of the core committee members
Judges Choice - Favorite video of the panel of judges
Possible categories: (these categories will be purely based on what the final response is like)
Best local talent - this category is for people in Western Australia.
Theme - For the best video relevant to the theme of this years convention! (Theme for 2012 is invasion)
Due to possible time constraints, not every video may end up being screened. unfortunately there will be no way to avoid this. however every video submitted, and deemed suitable, will be judged. any videos screened will be a random selection of all suitable entries.
This years competition is open to entries that be considered M rated (T on the ESRB system). however, please use discretion when submitting your entry to the competition as entries that are still overly graphic will be cut from the competition.
Please use the Entry form for all entries into the competition.
Entry form can be found here: http://www.aspect-zero.com/WAIMV/WAIMVentryform2011.doc
For entries, please use either sendspace or mediafire (prefferably) if you don’t have your own hosting for the files. (please provide direct links to files)
To ensure that all videos are received, please email WAIMV@aspect-zero.com with:
Your e-mail address:
Titles of videos:
Links to the video files:
Please also attach a completed copy of the entry form to the e-mail.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail within a week of sending your entry to confirm it has been received. If you don’t receive one, please email me at Rei_zero@aspect-zero.comto solve any issues.
If you have any questions in regards to these rules, please PM or E-mail me
AMV coordinator 2011/12