MomoCon's 2012 LIVE AMV Exhibition (Deadline: 3/4/12)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon's 2012 LIVE AMV Exhibition (Deadline: 3/4/12)

Post by Kireblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:29 am

Hello everyone. My name is Erik Norelus {kireblue}, and I am the assistant director of Momocon's AMV department. Momocon is an annual anime/ comic/ sci-fi/ gaming convention convention held in Atlanta, Georgia and is currently celebrating its 8th year in operation. We will also be holding our 3rd Annual AMV Exhibition with the purpose of showcasing brand new AMVs to Momocon's 11,000+ attendees and streaming them LIVE via http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon on Saturday, March 17th from 3-5pm. And this year, we will be partnering with Seishun-Con in order to give the submitted AMVs a chance to win awards during their AMV contest in June. The general rules and guidelines are as follows:

Rules and Guidelines

1)The purpose of MomoCon's exhibition is to give AMV editors old and new a chance to showcase their latest Anime Music Videos in a competition free environment, and have them streamed LIVE via http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon. As an extra challenge, editors are encouraged to create an AMV that corresponds to the theme at Momocon that year. (This is completely optional though). This year, the theme will be dinosaurs :dino: . The exhibition is not a contest, and there will be no awards or prizes given out at MomoCon. To make your video(s) eligible to win awards at Seishun-Con's AMV contest, you must select that option when you complete the online submission form.

2)The deadline for MomoCon's AMV exhibition is Sunday, March 4th, 2012.
The Deadline for Seishun-Con's AMV contest is Monday, June 4th, 2012.

3)All videos submitted must meet the following requirements:

*Must be at least 50% Japanese animation, Japanese video game cutscenes or anime-inspired stills EXCEPTION: My Little Pony: Friendship is magic vids will be accepted into the exhibition just because :lol: , but they can not enter the contest
*Must be under 10 minutes in length
*Must be of reasonable video and audio quality
*Must not contain excessive violence or content that would place it above a PG13 rating.
*Must not contain water marks that are not inserted by the editor (no cartoon network or adult swim logos!)

5)At any time we reserve the right to not show a submitted AMV or disqualify it for any reason.

File Formats?

Momocon and Seishun-Con are able to accept AMVs in a wide variety of file types. Unlike many conventions, our video rooms have projectors connected to computers instead of DVD players. And because of this, we are able to play most video formats and even HD videos. So if you were looking for an event to send your HD AMVs, this is just the place. But even so, please do not upscale your videos. If your footage wasn't taken from a blu-ray or was already HD, up-scaling it to 720 or 1080p will negatively affect your video quality. The preferred file types are MP4, AVI and MPEG-2, but we also accept WMV, MKV and many more. We strongly discourage submitting QuickTime, Real Media and Flash Video though.

How to Submit?

This year, the preferred submission method is to complete the form on the following link: http://kireblue.wufoo.com/forms/amv-submission-form/
The form requires you to provide a download link of your video via a file uploading service like MegaUpload. If your AMV is available for download on http://www.animemusicvideos.org, you also have the option of instead providing a link to the video information page.

*A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within 2-3 days.

If you would like to submit your AMV using a different method, please contact me via the org, or at kireblueV2@gmail.com

Specific Rules for Seishun-Con's AMV contest

*The Deadline for Seishun-Con's AMV contest is Monday, June 4th, 2012.

*Entrants are are only allowed to submit one video to a category. Also, entrants are only allowed to submit to two of the five categories, and a single video can not be submitted to more than one category.

Categories
The AMV contest is split into five categories. Entrants are allowed to select the best fit category for each of their submissions, but if our judges strongly disagree with the genre of a submitted video, it may be moved to a better fitting category. The 5 categories are as follows:

Action
Comedy
Fun / Upbeat
Drama / Serious
Romance / Sentimental

More info?
To find out more info about either MomoCon or Seishun-Con, please use the following links.

MomoCon: http://www.momocon.com/
Seishun-Con: http://www.seishun-con.com

If you have any questions or comments about the contest, please contact me via the org, or at kireblueV2@gmail.com
Last edited by Kireblue on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon's 3rd Annual (2012) AMV Exhibition

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:31 am

Dinosaurs huh? Not sure I'll be able to do a theme video this year.
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 am

drewaconclusion wrote:Dinosaurs huh? Not sure I'll be able to do a theme video this year.
I know the feeling :sweat: . When the director of MomoCon asked me if I was gonna do a dinosaur themed intro video, it took me weeks before I could come up with a good idea :asd: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=106004

Luckily, following the theme is completely optional. Although, we did get a very nice collection of videos (yours included) that matched our espionage theme last year.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

Oh dear. This should be fun! I might try to make something new for Momo/Seishi this year. :3

Dunno about dinosaurs though. >_>'

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:41 pm

What about bumpers/title/credits?

(with no mention I assume NONE is the answer)
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 pm

HalOfBorg wrote:What about bumpers/title/credits?

(with no mention I assume NONE is the answer)
kireblue wrote: 3)All videos submitted must meet the following requirements:

*Must be at least 50% Japanese animation, Japanese video game cutscenes or anime-inspired stills
*Must be under 10 minutes in length
*Must be of reasonable video and audio quality
*Must not contain excessive violence or content that would place it above a PG13 rating.
*Must not contain water marks that are not inserted by the editor (no cartoon network or adult swim logos!)
You are free to add in title cards, credits, and bumpers. And the rule about watermarks only apply to logos that you didn't add yourself. I'm not going to officially add this to to the rules section, but if your video has a watermark from the Japanese company, I'd probably be willing to overlook it (ex: TV Tokyo logo). The watermark clause was primarily added to prevent people from submitting videos that have Americian company trademarks in them (ex: cartoon network and sci-fi channel logo). We kinda have to be careful about that since the Time Warner cable headquarters (the parent company of Cartoon Network) is less than a 5 minute drive from MomoCon (and used to be within walking distance).

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:53 pm

I never include watermarks or logos unless I add them myself so no problem. Guess I can send in my title and credits then.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Normally watermark rules at most cons are about encouraging support for the industry and implied statements about quality of submissions, not :tinfoil: concerns about who might be there based on location. :amv:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Dinosaurs!
For some reason I wanna set a dinosaur themed AMV to LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out. Don't call it a comeback! :dino:
Sources would be annoying to get though :(

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Dinosaurs!
For some reason I wanna set a dinosaur themed AMV to LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out. Don't call it a comeback! :dino:
Sources would be annoying to get though :(
Shin.......I have no idea what you're planning...but I support it 100% :awesome: :asd:

Return to “AMV Contests”