AMV-France Online Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: AMV-France Online Contest

Post by Rendakor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 am

Having only a video or two a day made comparing them difficult; as a result I just waited until the end of the week and watched them all concurrently. That way I could have a good idea about which were the best in each category for the week.

A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
Image Image

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Rendakor wrote:A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
That would add an enormous amount of work to the judges. At first i wanted to people choose themselves their categories, but it would have been troublesome to change the form of the actual website xD. So yeah, this time it was the only solution I had. But anyway, it would have been boring and annoying to watch 15 or 20 action videos in the same week.

edit: and the last video has been posted, and i sent the from \o/

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm

|:>

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Submitted the last form. Now's the part where I try to guess who did what, (excluding, shall we say, the "obvious" answers):

xDreww - Inside the Opened
[madaraxD] - Espejismo
Michael Hudak - Naruto's Revenge

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:
Rendakor wrote:A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
That would add an enormous amount of work to the judges. At first i wanted to people choose themselves their categories, but it would have been troublesome to change the form of the actual website xD. So yeah, this time it was the only solution I had. But anyway, it would have been boring and annoying to watch 15 or 20 action videos in the same week.

edit: and the last video has been posted, and i sent the from \o/
Having people pick the category of their videos work too; regardless, I would rather have watched all the action videos together so I could more accurately judge which is the best action video, instead of having issues like we discussed earlier in the thread where a good video against stiff competition gets rated worse than a mediocre video in a dry week.
Image Image

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm

irriadin wrote:[madaraxD] - Espejismo
x2

but that's just based on the effects used ='3

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 am

O: When will we be hearing of the results?

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 am

Chained(E)Studio wrote:
irriadin wrote:[madaraxD] - Espejismo
x2

but that's just based on the effects used ='3
x3
the text and effects made it obvious Madra xD

Also I guess we know who did the madoka video "contract" winner of Tekkoshocon. xD
I should have known..

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 am

xDreww wrote:Also I guess we know who did the madoka video "contract" winner of Tekkoshocon. xD
I should have known..
That actually surprised me, I wouldn't have guessed that that editor did "The Contract."

Based on other contests, I also know who did "Abduction" and "Alright, Alright, Alright."

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 am

pacotacoshell wrote:O: When will we be hearing of the results?
If judges have enough time for the ranking probably the weekend. Or else, next week.

http://online-contest.tumblr.com/
|:>
Having people pick the category of their videos work too; regardless, I would rather have watched all the action videos together so I could more accurately judge which is the best action video, instead of having issues like we discussed earlier in the thread where a good video against stiff competition gets rated worse than a mediocre video in a dry week.
Anyway you're not supposed to think as much to this, since it's not up to you to decided who will win. So if you just choose the best action vid from a week, you will be forced to have choose the best action of all the contest.

Return to “AMV Contests”