Anime Los Angeles 2012 AMV Contest - NOW WITH WINNERS!!!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Los Angeles 2012 AMV Contest - NOW WITH WINNERS!!!

Postby Yuusharo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/yuusharo
http://www.AnimeLosAngeles.org - Anime Los Angeles AMV Contest Coordinator
Yuusharo

Postby TrufflePigStudios » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:49 am

Rider4Z wrote:and i agree that Mikal's list makes no sense. He told me at con that Bending Inferno took first in Action for audience, judges, staff, and creators :uhoh: ....However, because Son of Man won Creator's Favorite that's considered the bigger prize and therefor defunked any other awards i could be acknowledged for. It's not fair to me nor to Blaku92. and i've yet to hear any response from him on this.

That's really not fair...even if you weren't allowed to win more than one prize, you should still be acknowledged for winning the category.

On another note, I was really confused by the dance category...maybe I just don't understand the concept of a "dance amv"...but aren't they supposed to have dancing in them? Only 3/6 dance category finalists had dancing :oops:

Oh yeah, and congrats to everybody who won, or sort of won, or thought they won...I don't really understand the winners list either...so how about congrats to everybody!
TrufflePigStudios

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Winning, duh. :awesome:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Kazemon15 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Wonder if I should upload my AMV to the org now....lol.

Congrats to everyone else, btw!
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby blaku92 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 am

Rider4Z wrote:and i agree that Mikal's list makes no sense. He told me at con that Bending Inferno took first in Action for audience, judges, staff, and creators :uhoh: ....However, because Son of Man won Creator's Favorite that's considered the bigger prize and therefor defunked any other awards i could be acknowledged for. It's not fair to me nor to Blaku92. and i've yet to hear any response from him on this.

Yeah, Mikal and I talked about it for a while and I was kind of like... huh? I knew going into the contest that no one would like the song I picked anyway (he even said the judges didn't like the song choice haha) and that it would really affect my number of votes. I was told earlier in the day that I got 2nd place by a few votes... then later it changed. I dunno. Hopefully next year's contest will go a bit smoother and make more sense. I'll definitely enter again and hopefully get a chance to meet more creators. Now I'm looking forward to EXPO!

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."
blaku92

Postby Rider4Z » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:34 pm

blaku92 wrote:Yeah, Mikal and I talked about it for a while and I was kind of like... huh? I knew going into the contest that no one would like the song I picked anyway (he even said the judges didn't like the song choice haha) and that it would really affect my number of votes. I was told earlier in the day that I got 2nd place by a few votes... then later it changed. I dunno. Hopefully next year's contest will go a bit smoother and make more sense. I'll definitely enter again and hopefully get a chance to meet more creators. Now I'm looking forward to EXPO!

see you there!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Bazinga! :ying:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Previous

Return to AMV Contests