Anime Los Angeles 2012 AMV Contest - NOW WITH WINNERS!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MikalSaltveit
Org Profile

Re: Anime Los Angeles 2012 AMV Contest

Post by MikalSaltveit » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 pm

tipsd9video wrote:Would it be a problem if I sent one entry in now and another entry later? I just want to make sure that's not a problem because I have one entry ready now and one that's not finished yet.
No problem at all, with the minor exception that entries received after December 10th will not be featured in the intro mash-up videos. It has occurred to me that we may end up featuring videos in the intros that are not in the contest. I want to make it clear now that this will not disqualify a video from being resubmitted to the next year contest, and the only reason this would occur would be in the case where the creator sent two videos in the same category, and the video we received after the 10th was of much higher quality.

We are trying hard this year to get as many things done ahead of time, while giving potential-contestants as much time to submit.

-Mikal Saltveit

MikalSaltveit
Org Profile

Post by MikalSaltveit » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Just 5 days left to have your videos featured in a category intro! Please be aware that the deadline of December 10th refers to the December 10th Anime Los Angeles Staff meeting, and the exact time for when the deadline will be enforced is not finalized. I will simply be handing off physical copies of all the entries I am holding to be used as footage for intro videos.

UPDATE
I have received entries from:
Galina Kashina and Ekatherina Kashina
Erin Nguyen
Matt Lewis
Nic Neidenbach
Maya Williams
Victoria Rider Galietta
Matthew Lewis
Romeo Fayloga Jr
Isaac Fischer
Heather Christy Wells
SatoshiSakura
Sean McPartland
Dana Helen Horak

AS A REMINDER:
The deadline for having your video featured in category intros is December 10th
The deadline for turning getting your video to us is December 31st at midnight. (please give a few days for mail delivery)

- Mikal Saltveit

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm

i may want to withdraw my action entry and replace it with a new project i started, may i do so?

(fixed)
Last edited by Rider4Z on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1moongoddess7
Org Profile

Post by 1moongoddess7 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Okay. I've got my entries emailed! :mrgreen:
There is one more video I'm hoping to finish but I wanted to make sure these ones were in before December 10th.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Sent my entries in.
Rider4Z wrote:i may want to withdraw my action entry and replace it with a new project i started, may i do so?

(fixed)
Looking over the rules, you probably don't even have to withdraw your previous action entry to submit the new one. Rules say you can submit as many entries as you want and I didn't see any one per category type restriction for it.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Sent my entries in.
Rider4Z wrote:i may want to withdraw my action entry and replace it with a new project i started, may i do so?

(fixed)
Looking over the rules, you probably don't even have to withdraw your previous action entry to submit the new one. Rules say you can submit as many entries as you want and I didn't see any one per category type restriction for it.
this is true, but past experience with the contest says they wouldn't want too many videos in the contest made by the same person, which i can respect considering it only allows attendees to enter.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:Sent my entries in.

(fixed)
this is true, but past experience with the contest says they wouldn't want too many videos in the contest made by the same person, which i can respect considering it only allows attendees to enter.
Ah I see, and I thought it was open submission to everyone but only attendees were eligible for awards? I'll have to withdraw my submissions if thats the case.
(Update: Contacted the Contest director and got my confusion straightened out.)

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:59 pm

oh thought it was only open to attendees :?: no one take my words for ALA, vegas is my domain. ....oo that sounds hawt

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 pm

It's open to attendees only, but exceptions may be made if they're lacking entries in particular categories is what I was informed.
Last edited by Shin-AMV on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am

Shin-AMV wrote:It's open to attendees only, buy exceptions may be made if they're lacking entries in particular categories is what I was informed.
So, then this is is the only con in the world you're not sending all you AMVs to? :shock:

Return to “AMV Contests”