ShadoCon AMV Contest

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

ShadoCon AMV Contest

Postby ShadoCon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:47 am

ShadoCon will be hosting another AMV contest. Submit your entry today to win fabulous prizes. Let us see your creativity!
http://www.shadocon.com

Submission Rules:
Please read all the rules carefully before entering.
  • You may only submit up to three (3) entries.
  • Sign Into wwww.myconsonline.com
  • Select ShadoCon
  • Select Contest
  • Then Upload your submission
You will be notified if you made the final cut of performers within one week after the contest entry deadline.

Rules
1. All entries must be received by October 23th at 11:59 pm - no exceptions. This ensures proper judging time.
2. The maximum video length is seven minutes.
3. Only three entries per person will be accepted.
4. Entries may not be smaller than 640x480, and may not run at a slower speed than 23.97 frames per second.
5. The preferred format for AMV submissions is Xvid, but MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and Divx can also be accepted at your own risk. We do not accept WMV, RM, RAM, RA, or FLV formats. If you need help converting your WMV videos to another format, please use the following guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-.Wmv-to-.Avi-Legally
6. Please include two seconds of blank footage before your video begins to ensure it plays at its best.
7. Entries containing inappropriate content will be summarily disqualified. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to: graphic sexual content, excessive violence, excessive language, excessive gore. Think PG-13 or lower.

Categories
Please keep in mind that these categories are suggestions and could very well change at any time depending on the videos received. Don't worry, though - all videos will be judged regardless. The suggested categories are as follows:
  • Parody
  • Action
  • Drama
  • Comedy
  • Horror
  • Original film
  • Professional
We look forward to receiving your entries. Good luck, and happy filming!
ShadoCon

Re: ShadoCon AMV Contest

Postby Scintilla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:28 pm

ShadoCon wrote:[*]Professional

What, pray tell, would the criteria for inclusion in such a category (assuming this category survives) include?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby ShadoCon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

That category is for those who have won 2 or more awards for their AMV already. These AMVs are considered "professional."
ShadoCon

Postby MisterFurious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:38 pm

ShadoCon wrote:The suggested categories are as follows:
  • Parody
  • Action
  • Drama
  • Comedy
  • Horror
  • Original film
  • Professional
We look forward to receiving your entries. Good luck, and happy filming!

I don't see anywhere in the submission process to specify a category. Should I put it in the description?
MisterFurious

Postby TrufflePigStudios » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I haven't heard anything (within the week since the deadline), so I'm assuming I didn't make it in, but I was just wondering if there was going to be a finalist list posted?
TrufflePigStudios

Return to AMV Contests