EXP Con IV - October 21-23, St. Augustine, FL AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: EXP Con IV - October 21-23, St. Augustine, FL AMV Contes

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:46 am

Still haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but I sent another email today so hopefully they'll be signs of life.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Success!!! I finally caved and emailed the entire Con staff list (figured three months was enough time before going to them all naggy) and got a response from the one in charge of cosplay stuff. Seems our earlier assumption of the entire staff having been assassinated were incorrect...

Anywho, after telling me to contact the Con Chair *head desk* I then told her our situation. Now she is going to try and get a hold of him for us so hopefully we should hear something soon. Just thought I'd let you all know ^_^ :rofl:
ImageImage
ImageImage

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:Success!!! I finally caved and emailed the entire Con staff list (figured three months was enough time before going to them all naggy) and got a response from the one in charge of cosplay stuff. Seems our earlier assumption of the entire staff having been assassinated were incorrect...

Anywho, after telling me to contact the Con Chair *head desk* I then told her our situation. Now she is going to try and get a hold of him for us so hopefully we should hear something soon. Just thought I'd let you all know ^_^ :rofl:
Huzzah! :beer: :beer: :beer:
ImageImage

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm

huzzah indeed.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I was able to get his number and left him a message. Don't know if he'll reply ... :roll: but I think that's really all we can do at this point. I personally feel that this whole fiasco has been a bit unprofessional and in the future maybe they shouldn't put the Con Chair in charge of a specific department as well as their other duties...
ImageImage
ImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 am

Well guys, I've done all I can. I've called, sent messages, I even went to post a question on their forum (however you need a password sent to you to log on and I have yet to receive one after filling out the form WEEKS ago...I imagine I'll hear from them in a couple months) and finally posted on their facebook page. The only thing I can think is that we're being ignored as the Con Chair (who we need to speak to) HAS been online and has been posting on the EXP facebook. I've sent messages to both as well as email but have yet to hear back. The other members of the staff were very helpful but even they have heir limits. It saddens me that they couldn't show us the smallest hit of professionalism during this whole thing. This is the first time I've EVER had such a bad experience with a con and I find it unexceptionable. I guess we'll either hear something EVENTUALLY or get something in the mail...though if anyone hears anything -I'll do the same- be sure to lets the rest of us know.

Here's hoping next year is a great deal more organized...
ImageImage
ImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 pm

thought I'd shout out and see if anyone has heard anything yet...
ImageImage
ImageImage

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:53 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:thought I'd shout out and see if anyone has heard anything yet...
Nope, nothing.
ImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 am

*sigh* I've been posting comments on their facebook as they post announcements about this years con thinking they'll see it and respond. Maybe if more people than just me? here's the link to the facebook, this seems to be the only active form of communication....

http://www.facebook.com/EXPConventions
ImageImage
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 am

At this point you might just have to settle with not supporting the contest (and incessantly bringing up this thread to persuade others to do the same) when it rolls around again. Nothing like a good blacklist to get people's attention.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”