Anime Mid Atlantic AMV contest WINNERS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic AMV contest WINNERS!

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:43 am

I'm not that easily offended.

I still don't buy that the Light x L pairing is funny for more than a moment of surprise. I don't think the video was edited to be funny... I don't know the story of the category switch, but the video wasn't initially entered to comedy.

Comedy is kind of weird because things that aren't funny in reality can be funny in fiction. In Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei stalking is funny because there is a huge chain of stalkers, and that's just absurd. I didn't find the stalking in this video funny because it's just stalking, which is creepy. (I also didn't find the violence funny because it's realistic violence.)

I admit that I could be interpreting people's reactions incorrectly, but at the gut level I FEEL I'm right and will probably continue to feel disturbed even if someone can give me a reason for humor that I find intellectually plausible.

On a totally different note: HalofBorg your Lost Episode is hilarious <3 .

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:52 am

:) Thanks!
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 pm

That could very well be the reason I disliked that video...
Something about it just didn't sit with me. It was well edited but it was just something about it...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”