Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Now with Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
competitionbros
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: 4 Weeks Left!

Post by competitionbros » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Oh no, we've already switched it over to the loser watches 13 episodes of MLP.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: 5+ Weeks Left!

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

competitionbros wrote:My brother and I have a bet going that if I don't win at least one award I have to go to a Yaoi panel and if I do win he has to go. So much riding on this contest lol.

which brother are you? Cause sorry I'm taking hentai this year. :P
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Just so people know, D.A. (King/the winner of every-freaking-award-in-Youma 10/ the editor of the hentai vid) does not post on the org at all.
sorry I'm taking hentai this year. :P
D.A.: I'm sorry, but didn't you say you'd beat me at Acen? I have a new (better) song, if I have the time I'll make a new hentai vid, if not it'll be the one from Acen and you might win.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 am

competitionbros wrote: D.A.: I'm sorry, but didn't you say you'd beat me at Acen? I have a new (better) song, if I have the time I'll make a new hentai vid, if not it'll be the one from Acen and you might win.
Oh I see how it is, you can't come up with something original so you ahve to troll your video that won elsewhere :nono:

Just kidding, thoguh I do hope you can enter something new, I wanna see more of what you can make. Especially with such a short amount of time. Plus my hentai entry is pretty weak to be honest. I'm kinda pooped out on amv creation at the moment, and I need to recharge for AMV Wars. I hope you like the source I chose for the competition, "The Flying House." ah brings back memories.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: 4 Weeks Left!

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:45 pm

competitionbros wrote:Oh no, we've already switched it over to the loser watches 13 episodes of MLP.
Only 13? Wuss... No wonder SD won last year.

Though it doesn't matter. After 13 eps y'all be hooked. Welcome to the herd.
ImageImageImageImage

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Psssh, anymore and we might go insane.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 am

A friendly update, less then a month before the deadline.

All video's submitted and FTP accounts closed have been reviewed as of this time. Please check your status for updates. At this time if you do not have any creator comments you're video should be fine. Final QC will happen around the week leading up to the deadline. If you video passes final QC it will compete, however the judges have the final say when it comes to questionable content.

Also, all FTP accounts that I have received notification for have been created and provisioned. If you did not receive an email with your credentials please check the entry status page as your credentials should be listed there. If not then there was an issue with the system and I never received notification for creating an FTP account. If that is the case simply request a new one and one will be provided generally within 24~36 hours.

As I've said before, the contest is shaping up great so far and I'm looking forward to some more awesome entries so keep em coming.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

competitionbros wrote:Psssh, anymore and we might go insane.
ImageImageImageImage

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 pm

That made me shudder, I cannot lose this bet.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Oct 7 Deadline!

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Speaking of loosing and bets, someone still needs to send in entries or I'm counting it as an auto-loose :awesome:

And for the rest of ya, Deadline is Oct 7th! That's just 4 days away! Keep in mind this is a somewhat soft deadline. By that I mean that you MUST have BOTH your entry form and FTP request in by Midnight October 8th Eastern Daylight Savings Time (GMT -5.) I am usually out late on Fridays so you may get a few extra mins/hours depending on when I get home. However, once I get home the system will close. The sooner you get your form/ftp request in the better. Then, those who submit via FTP will have until Midnight October 10th to get their entries uploaded. If you happen to be in the middle of transferring your video once the deadline hits you will not be kicked from the server, but no further connections will be allowed at that time, so if you get booted off the server due to internet issues you will NOT be allowed back on. Again, the sooner you submit your entry the better.

For those planning to submit via snail-mail, I MUST receive your package no later then October 8th (Saturday) or else your entry will be discarded. Remember to print out the mail-in form from the entry status page and mail the form as well as your entry to the address on the form.

Any questions, please forward them on to vat [at] youmacon [dot] com.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”