Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest Finalists List.

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest Finalists List

Postby Scintilla » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:38 pm

... why did I just receive an "Anime Expo 2011 Registration Confirmation" e-mail, including a statement that I paid $0.00 and an "Attendee Registration Bar Code" that isn't showing up?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Scintilla wrote:... why did I just receive an "Anime Expo 2011 Registration Confirmation" e-mail, including a statement that I paid $0.00 and an "Attendee Registration Bar Code" that isn't showing up?

Because...you're awesome?

But not awesome enough to get a free barcode? :uhoh:
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby SerialStorm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

I PM'd Digital Panther a few nights ago but wanted to try and get an answer since the Convention is almost here. A few of the people in the group I'm attending with want to go to another event that starts at the same time as the AMV101 panel. I too want to go with them but I also want to make sure I get my tickets for entering the contest.

Would I be able to schedule an early pickup either just before the AMV panel begins or pick them up after our event gets out? I seem to remember something like this being done for a person or two in the past but am not sure if you would be able to do it for me this year. Worst case I will miss the other event and pick up the creator tickets at the end of the panel as normal but if possible I'd really appreciate it.
SerialStorm

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

James used to do that for some people when he ran the contest but he never had as many duties as Michael. Michael has been doubly busy with the Miku concert. Frankly the last couple AX's when he's handing those tickets out he always looks frazzled and in a serious hurry so I wouldn't count on the ability to pick them up at a different time.

That said, typically the tickets are given out in the last half hour of the panel so tha'ts the time to show if you want them. Although that's based on experience so don't take my word for absolute fact on the matter.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby SerialStorm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Maybe not but with any luck I can pick mine up right before the start of the AMV101 panel, since the other event start at the sme time I shouldn't miss too much of it if I can do that... but again, just asking... if not I'll just have to miss the other event.
SerialStorm

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm

serial_storm_pro wrote:Maybe not but with any luck I can pick mine up right before the start of the AMV101 panel, since the other event start at the sme time I shouldn't miss too much of it if I can do that... but again, just asking... if not I'll just have to miss the other event.

What other event could be so good that you'll have to miss the AMV 101 panel?! :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.

I go to the Panel every year and it seems to cover the same stuff and show the same videos every year, and most of the time, I can't understand anyway, so.... :?
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.

KazRage! :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.

KazRage! :ying:

YES. :twisted:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm

So how did the contest go? (Was it full, how were the reactions, etc). I pretty sure it was on Friday with the awards on Sunday?

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Pwolf » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:12 pm

castor posted on his twitter last night:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Shin-AMV » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:58 pm

I found some random twitter comments regarding it. It seemed like it went over pretty well and everyone was impressed by the quality of the videos in the contest. The only negative comment I found was someone thought the AMV contest room was "tiny" but didn't elaborate so I dunno what qualifies as tiny in comparison to what.
Shin-AMV

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

tehninjaness wrote:I found some random twitter comments regarding it. It seemed like it went over pretty well and everyone was impressed by the quality of the videos in the contest. The only negative comment I found was someone thought the AMV contest room was "tiny" but didn't elaborate so I dunno what qualifies as tiny in comparison to what.

It might be a reference to the room size..

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Shin-AMV » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
tehninjaness wrote:I found some random twitter comments regarding it. It seemed like it went over pretty well and everyone was impressed by the quality of the videos in the contest. The only negative comment I found was someone thought the AMV contest room was "tiny" but didn't elaborate so I dunno what qualifies as tiny in comparison to what.

It might be a reference to the room size..

Vlad

yeah but I heard the room its supposed to be in can seat up to 1600-2000 people, so if its tiny I was just curious if it meant that its stated capacity is inaccurate and its smaller, or that relative to other rooms at AX its tiny because the others are larger, just wasn't sure.
Shin-AMV

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 pm

tehninjaness wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:It might be a reference to the room size..

Vlad

yeah but I heard the room its supposed to be in can seat up to 1600-2000 people, so if its tiny I was just curious if it meant that its stated capacity is inaccurate and its smaller, or that relative to other rooms at AX its tiny because the others are larger, just wasn't sure.

Compared to other years, that IS tiny... A couple years ago when I was there I think there was about 4000+ in the audience..

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests