Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest Finalists List.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest Finalists List

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:38 pm

... why did I just receive an "Anime Expo 2011 Registration Confirmation" e-mail, including a statement that I paid $0.00 and an "Attendee Registration Bar Code" that isn't showing up?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Scintilla wrote:... why did I just receive an "Anime Expo 2011 Registration Confirmation" e-mail, including a statement that I paid $0.00 and an "Attendee Registration Bar Code" that isn't showing up?

Because...you're awesome?

But not awesome enough to get a free barcode? :uhoh:

SerialStorm
Org Profile

Post by SerialStorm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

I PM'd Digital Panther a few nights ago but wanted to try and get an answer since the Convention is almost here. A few of the people in the group I'm attending with want to go to another event that starts at the same time as the AMV101 panel. I too want to go with them but I also want to make sure I get my tickets for entering the contest.

Would I be able to schedule an early pickup either just before the AMV panel begins or pick them up after our event gets out? I seem to remember something like this being done for a person or two in the past but am not sure if you would be able to do it for me this year. Worst case I will miss the other event and pick up the creator tickets at the end of the panel as normal but if possible I'd really appreciate it.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

James used to do that for some people when he ran the contest but he never had as many duties as Michael. Michael has been doubly busy with the Miku concert. Frankly the last couple AX's when he's handing those tickets out he always looks frazzled and in a serious hurry so I wouldn't count on the ability to pick them up at a different time.

That said, typically the tickets are given out in the last half hour of the panel so tha'ts the time to show if you want them. Although that's based on experience so don't take my word for absolute fact on the matter.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

SerialStorm
Org Profile

Post by SerialStorm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Maybe not but with any luck I can pick mine up right before the start of the AMV101 panel, since the other event start at the sme time I shouldn't miss too much of it if I can do that... but again, just asking... if not I'll just have to miss the other event.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm

serial_storm_pro wrote:Maybe not but with any luck I can pick mine up right before the start of the AMV101 panel, since the other event start at the sme time I shouldn't miss too much of it if I can do that... but again, just asking... if not I'll just have to miss the other event.
What other event could be so good that you'll have to miss the AMV 101 panel?! :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.

I go to the Panel every year and it seems to cover the same stuff and show the same videos every year, and most of the time, I can't understand anyway, so.... :?

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.
KazRage! :ying:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:I'll be going to the Viz Panel (to give them a piece of my mind about something), which conflicts with the AMV101 Panel... but I will make it for the end of the AMV Panel though.
KazRage! :ying:

YES. :twisted:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm

So how did the contest go? (Was it full, how were the reactions, etc). I pretty sure it was on Friday with the awards on Sunday?

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Return to “AMV Contests”