Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Final Updates . . . EVER)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
zeiram_00
Org Profile

Re: Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Winners Update)

Post by zeiram_00 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Average Finalists judges score - 41.15 out of 50

Average difference between last finalists and next video down in category - 3.1 points

If you want anything more detailed about your own video and rankings/scores, you must pm or email me.
People are Stupid, Individuals are Intelligent

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Wait a minute - I won something here too? :)

Thanks guys! You guys have some interesting tastes! :) In all seriousness, I do hope the contest did as well as I hoped with the other videos there too. Congratulations!
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Finalists Update)

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 pm

zeiram_00 wrote: Category prizes were tickets to the Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville (Only those in attendance received the prize)
Judges prizes were grab bag style items from dealers room and winners not in attendance will be contacted by email concerning prize delivery.
So no prizes for category awards if you weren't there?
zeiram_00 wrote: I would like to thank all those who participated in this year's competition. I will also be linking all finalists videos to the original finalists post so those who couldn't attend or want to see them again can easily find them.

And finally, congratulations to all winners.
How are you linking the videos? One of mine isn't uploaded to the org yet, and I think a number of the other videos aren't either.

Also, thank you, and congratulations to the other winners!

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Post by zeiram_00 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 pm

So no prizes for category awards if you weren't there?
Correct. I feel that if you care greatly about physical prizes then you would be present at conventions for which you submit and these actions help encourage such behavior. Also, the prizes were for a local attraction and if not able to make it to the convention itself, then most likely not going to make trip to use prize won. Sorry if this upsets anyone.

How are you linking the videos? One of mine isn't uploaded to the org yet, and I think a number of the other videos aren't either.
Will link what videos are found on the org and use submission links for others. (will not link to the 'tube') If contestant editors have videos uploaded elsewhere they are welcome to contact me to have them linked to uploaded site. (or if they are uploaded to the org at a later time)

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Post by zeiram_00 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Finalists links are up. If any editor would like to update their link, please contact me with the current information for your video and I will change the post accordingly.

On a side note
Unfortunately this was PersaCon's last and final year. Other local conventions will fill the gap and future conventions are in the works but none will have the name of PersaCon again. This was a personal decision by the con chair and all of the PersaCon staff would like to thank everyone whose ever been involved and to all the fans of PersaCon.

I will keep this forum thread active as long as it receives interest.
Again, thank you all

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Submissions Closed)

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

zeiram_00 wrote:Finalists
Alphabetically by category
Um, Isnt it kind of bad to release people's vids via megaupload if they are waiting to upload them officially later? I can't fully speak for the other editors, but my links were meant for the conventions, not the public.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:Um, Isnt it kind of bad to release people's vids via megaupload if they are waiting to upload them officially later? I can't fully speak for the other editors, but my links were meant for the conventions, not the public.
I totally agree. Just in case, I'm going to remove my Megaupload link.

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Re: Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Final Updates . . . EVER)

Post by AllyKatAVR » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Um, Isnt it kind of bad to release people's vids via megaupload if they are waiting to upload them officially later? I can't fully speak for the other editors, but my links were meant for the conventions, not the public.
Yeah, not cool. If the video isn't already cataloged here or available on a streaming site, then the editor probably has their reasons for not releasing their video just yet. Until granted permission to post them, the megaupload links should be removed to respect their decision.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Yeah, when I saw mine was posted I went "OH CRAP!", but I was at work (where sendspace is blocked) so I couldn't delete the link.
ImageImage

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Re: Persacon 2011 AMV Contest (Final Updates . . . EVER)

Post by zeiram_00 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 am

AX
7. By submitting your video to this contest you affirm and agree to grant the contest sponsors
and organizers an unconditional license to publish, reproduce, distribute, and otherwise utilize
your submission without restriction, in entirety or in part, in print, on the internet, in exhibitions,
advertising, media or wherever may be deemed necessary for promotional purposes.
Usually only the larger conventions include this legal mumbo jumbo in their rules but as I see it, it is pretty much an understood, unwritten agreement when you submit a video to a competition. I understand that many would prefer to have proper credits included in their videos but don't see why anyone would "freak out" about sharing a link to a video that has already premiered publicly.
Can only think of a few reasons why someone would dislike their public video being linked:
- Focused on promotion (themselves, studio, other affiliations)
- Worried about someone 'stealing' video (has anyone ever had a real problem with that issue?)
- Being a small(er) convention, using it as a test run for a video to be used at a later, larger convention (varying degrees of douchebagery exist in the community and any who followed last year's D*con amv contest will know that people do stupid stuff just to be proclaimed a winner at something)

Either way. I HAVE REMOVED NON-CATALOGED LINKS.

Return to “AMV Contests”