I helped out with this event last year and now I am its coordinator/director.
Below you will find links and the basic rules rundown. After that I will go over some FAQs like confirmation emails and such.
or PM me here with questions
Contest rules at Persacon website: http://persacon.com/354/543.html
Submission form link:https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&pli=1&formkey=dE5EVjBDbVM2RUJ4VWctVGN2UnFURWc6MQ#gid=0
Music Video Contest RulesEntry Deadline: July 1, 2011 by 12:00 AM Central Standard Time
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Each individual is allowed 3 entries. Multi-editor projects count as one for each editor involved
2. There will be both judges and audience awards.
vi. Nostalgic (Special theme category related to this year's theme of 'The Classics')
3. Videos containing excessively violent or mature themes will not be shown. Videos must have content with a G to PG-13 Rating.
4. Please follow all the rules. We expect many entries and don’t have time to deal with people skipping or disobeying rules as a joke.
a. Breaking of the contest rules will lead to disqualification of your entries
5. While we will not turn away videos containing Final Fantasy, Naruto, Bleach, and other overused sources, but be aware that its becoming very cliché and the judges would be very grateful for a variety of AMV source material.
1. 2-3 seconds of black before and after video.
2. Judging will be blind, so please no editor identification.
a. It is not necessary to identify audio/video source in the AMV.
3. No subtitles, watermarks, credits, etc. in video or it will be disqualified.
a. Exceptions to this rule is for editor generalized subtitles for purpose of enhancing project. Ex. to emphasize song lyrics
4. 720X480 resolution preferred. 1280X720 accepted.
a. Standard definition only, not currently accepting hi-def formats.
5. File format should be mp4 or mpeg2. The .avi format is also acceptable.
a. Please no unusual codecs. Use standard codecs with whichever container format you choose to use.
b. We will not convert files. See videohelp.com, animemusicvideos.org, or email the contest director for help converting.
1. All entries should be submitted through the entry form found below.
2. Included with all submissions should be the link(s) to all video submissions. (free upload sites like http://www.megaupload.com
3. If submitting a multi-editor project please fill in the comments section of the entry form with the entry’s title and the names of all editors involved with that video.
a. Only one person should submit the AMV for the group. No duplicate entries.
4. Only submissions with timestamps at or before the midnight deadline will be accepted.
a. So don’t wait till the very last minute to submit, will make no exceptions to this rule.
This contest operates at the discretion of the Persacon staff. Rules and schedules are subject to change without notice, though we will try to post notifications of changes as quickly as possible.
I will try to be prompt with confirmation emails to everyone but if you don't receive one in a reasonable time frame feel free to drop a little 'hey did you get my entry' message (just don't over do it). After the deadline has passed will try and post list of all entrants names (because I know that kinda information is useful for some folks like myself). Also, approximately a week before the convention will post a finalists list by category for all to cheer about.
Winners will be announced and contacted the week after the convention. (if not in attendance)