Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby jubjub2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Congrats to the finalists! Looks like it will be one heckuva show! :awesome:
User avatar
jubjub2
 
Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Location: Houston-ish
Status: AMV-Mum

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:Good Luck to everyone!

Promo Video |:>


Well crap. Now after watching that promo, if the video of mine I suspect has gotten in, I have no idea which category it falls under now. DARN YOU, PROMO VIDEO!
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Phantasmagoriat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:Good Luck to everyone!

Promo Video |:>


Well crap. Now after watching that promo, if the video of mine I suspect has gotten in, I have no idea which category it falls under now. DARN YOU, PROMO VIDEO!
Well, the contest is this Saturday 12-2pm, so you can find out then :shark:
Image
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Galactic Escape"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."
User avatar
Phantasmagoriat
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Status: ☁SteamPunked≈☂

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:34 am

Phantasmagoriat wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:Good Luck to everyone!

Promo Video |:>


Well crap. Now after watching that promo, if the video of mine I suspect has gotten in, I have no idea which category it falls under now. DARN YOU, PROMO VIDEO!
Well, the contest is this Saturday 12-2pm, so you can find out then :shark:


DARN YOU, NO LIST OF WINNERS!
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 am

Hi All..

It was a very busy weekend at Animethon and all the AMV programming was PACKED!! The AMV contest had a good turnout and so did the all showing on Sunday.

Here is the official list of Winners:

BEST ACTION
by Studio Hybrid to Cowboy Bebop

BEST CHARACTER PROFILE
by Flame-X to Please Teacher

BEST COMEDY
by Purplepolecat to Evangelion

BEST DRAMATIC
by Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ to Various
NOTE: Due to the content, we could not show this in the contest but it did deserve the category award

BEST FUN
by Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) to Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

BEST UPBEAT
by Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ to Various


COORDINATOR'S CHOICE
I Want it Now by CornDog VidVids (Ileia) to Pokemon

BEST MADE IN ALBERTA
by D.Emblem Productions to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


JUDGES' BEST OVERALL
by Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) to Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

AUDIENCE FAVORATE
by Hagaren Viper to Ouran High School Host Club


I'll be contacting the winners shortly to confirm addresses and send out the prizes and trophies

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Hagaren Viper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am

Ileia's vid...Pokemon? I WANT IT NOW.

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks, audience!
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Kitty-Galia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:54 am

Wow, thanks! :D
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Kitty-Galia
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Location: Russia

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Scintilla » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:09 am

:shock: Was NOT expecting that. Congrats to the winners, and thanks Vlad, for everything!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 am

Congrats all!
Image
User avatar
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Australia
Status: Shutting Down

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby KagatoAMV » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 am

Very cool, congratulations everyone!
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."
User avatar
KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: California

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby TritioAFB » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am

Congrats to the winners
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
Image
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Hi All..

It was a very busy weekend at Animethon and all the AMV programming was PACKED!! The AMV contest had a good turnout and so did the all showing on Sunday.

Here is the official list of Winners:

BEST ACTION
by Studio Hybrid to Cowboy Bebop

BEST CHARACTER PROFILE
by Flame-X to Please Teacher

BEST COMEDY
by Purplepolecat to Evangelion

BEST DRAMATIC
by Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ to Various
NOTE: Due to the content, we could not show this in the contest but it did deserve the category award

BEST FUN
by Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) to Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

BEST UPBEAT
by Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ to Various


COORDINATOR'S CHOICE
I Want it Now by CornDog VidVids (Ileia) to Pokemon

BEST MADE IN ALBERTA
by D.Emblem Productions to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


JUDGES' BEST OVERALL
by Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) to Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

AUDIENCE FAVORATE
by Hagaren Viper to Ouran High School Host Club


I'll be contacting the winners shortly to confirm addresses and send out the prizes and trophies

Vlad


Thanks, Vlad. You're a peach. :awesome:
Congrats to all the winners, especially my editor-husband. <3

DARN YOU, NO LIST OF FINALISTS!
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:23 pm

FINALIST AND ORDER OF PLAY AS PER THE BALLOT:

1. Something that Haruhi Wants - Rspectcopyrightmyass - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. From The Hereafter With Love - drewaconclusion - Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
3. Death Romance - MysteriousRyder - Death Note
4. Madoka - Infinity Squared - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
5. Outta the Box - Shin - The Tatami Galaxy, Atarashii Sekai Music Video
6. Ouran Host Club Welcomes You! - Hagaren Viper - Ouran High School Host Club!
7. Focus - Andre Marentette - Final Fantasy XIII
8. Sword & Scabbard - s0matic - Fate/Stay Night & Claymore
9. Lip Bomb - CornDog VidVids (haunter103) - Various
10. Worlds Apart - StarTrinity009 - Megazone 23 (Part 1)
11. Does This Look Infected? - drewaconclusion - Various
12. D-I-S-C-O: Starburst - Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ - Various
13. Give It All - Hagaren Viper - My Last Day
14. Ascent - Carman27 - Various
15. More Than a Crush - Flame-X - Please Teacher
16. 3 in 1 - Vellure - Various
17. Mahou Shoujo Requiem - Shin - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
18. Sweet - jubblets - Kaleido Star, Kaleido Star New Wings
19. Dude Looks Like an Okama - SOGESNAKE - One Piece
20. One Thousand Paper Cranes - AnnaZoey - Kodomo no Jikan
21. Tell Me Why - setsuna783 - Various
22. Ananke - Warlike Swans - Windaria (Once Upon a Time)
23. A Series Of Unfortunate Evas - Purplepolecat - Evangelion
24. Bleak Friday - Ileia/CornDog VidVids - Serial Experiments Lain
25. No Rest for the Wicked - Studio Hybrid (Nic Neidenbach) - Cowboy Bebop
26. Dogs of the Underworld - Lightbulb Factory - Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark
27. Let's Roll (for Justin) - jubjub2 - Various
28. All About Kon - D.Emblem Productions - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
29. Time Is Not The End - SPK - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
30. Mad World - Brad DeMoss - Various
31. AMV ja nai ka? (An Anime Music Squideo!) - Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) - Squid Girl
32. Revolutionary Single Lady Utena - Corpsegoddess - Revolutionary Girl Utena
33. I Want It Now - Ileia/CornDog VidVids - Pokemon
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:FINALIST AND ORDER OF PLAY AS PER THE BALLOT:

1. Something that Haruhi Wants - Rspectcopyrightmyass - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. From The Hereafter With Love - drewaconclusion - Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
3. Death Romance - MysteriousRyder - Death Note
4. Madoka - Infinity Squared - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
5. Outta the Box - Shin - The Tatami Galaxy, Atarashii Sekai Music Video
6. Ouran Host Club Welcomes You! - Hagaren Viper - Ouran High School Host Club!
7. Focus - Andre Marentette - Final Fantasy XIII
8. Sword & Scabbard - s0matic - Fate/Stay Night & Claymore
9. Lip Bomb - CornDog VidVids (haunter103) - Various
10. Worlds Apart - StarTrinity009 - Megazone 23 (Part 1)
11. Does This Look Infected? - drewaconclusion - Various
12. D-I-S-C-O: Starburst - Galia & Kitty/~ K & G ~ - Various
13. Give It All - Hagaren Viper - My Last Day
14. Ascent - Carman27 - Various
15. More Than a Crush - Flame-X - Please Teacher
16. 3 in 1 - Vellure - Various
17. Mahou Shoujo Requiem - Shin - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
18. Sweet - jubblets - Kaleido Star, Kaleido Star New Wings
19. Dude Looks Like an Okama - SOGESNAKE - One Piece
20. One Thousand Paper Cranes - AnnaZoey - Kodomo no Jikan
21. Tell Me Why - setsuna783 - Various
22. Ananke - Warlike Swans - Windaria (Once Upon a Time)
23. A Series Of Unfortunate Evas - Purplepolecat - Evangelion
24. Bleak Friday - Ileia/CornDog VidVids - Serial Experiments Lain
25. No Rest for the Wicked - Studio Hybrid (Nic Neidenbach) - Cowboy Bebop
26. Dogs of the Underworld - Lightbulb Factory - Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark
27. Let's Roll (for Justin) - jubjub2 - Various
28. All About Kon - D.Emblem Productions - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
29. Time Is Not The End - SPK - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
30. Mad World - Brad DeMoss - Various
31. AMV ja nai ka? (An Anime Music Squideo!) - Aquiline Studios (Scintilla) - Squid Girl
32. Revolutionary Single Lady Utena - Corpsegoddess - Revolutionary Girl Utena
33. I Want It Now - Ileia/CornDog VidVids - Pokemon


Thanks, Vlad. Just out of curiosity, into which category was my poor old Utena vid placed?
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Re: Animethon 18 AMV Contest - FINALISTS

Postby StarTrinity009 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Woo! Tough competition! Congrats everyone! <3
User avatar
StarTrinity009
 
Joined: 09 May 2009

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests